"Friends with benefits" is nonsense.

Page 19 of 19 [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 12:57 pm

I vote Spiderpig as the funniest member.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 1:50 pm

AngelRho wrote:
Well, with high IQ, I assume that really means you possess a lot of knowledge and superior reasoning ability. All good stuff.

The social bit...earning a lot of money depends on how responsible you are for the things you have. You can have a high IQ and all the talent in the world. If people don’t believe in you, or you can’t convince people to take your side and be on your team, all the intellect and ability will not help you.

Zuckerberg came up with an idea that solved a particular technological problem that brought people together. It wasn’t the first time anyone had done this. But people barely remember MySpace because Facebook proved more effective. There was a versatility and dynamic over time with Facebook that other social media lagged on.

The more you reach out to people and the more responsible you prove yourself to be with those you’re in charge of, the more you’re trusted with more resources. Anybody really can be a billionaire if they want. It’s a question of whether you REALLY want to be.

Like it or not Trump is president. He happens to be a billionaire. When you consider how much hate and scrutiny he’s faced with that he’s never had to deal with before, and when you consider what’s happening with his family and friends that NEVER happened before 2016, would you really WANT to be the leader of a country? And given how high the stakes are, would you want to work for him or even be associated with him? It takes a lot of risk. Most people I know are stressed out as it is earning $30k to $50k INDIVIDUALLY with total family income in the $80k to $100k range. Can you imagine earning millions and billions a year with every penny being scrutinized, thousands of employees that have to be paid, and potential lawsuits lurking around every corner from people you never heard of? Most people really aren’t up for it. These people are surrounded by teams of lawyers and accountants for a good reason.

I could imagine that, sure, but if you're talking about Trump.. like George Clooney pointed out, he has to work harder with more people to make a movie than Trump works as the Trump Organization employs 12 people. Twelve. That's it. The rest is smoke and mirrors to make him look bigger and more successful than he is. It's all contractors/subcontractors/vendors etc just getting cut cheques. He doesn't have dozens, hundreds, or thousands of employees. Just 12 people to manage.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 4:07 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
Believe what you like, but being a confident, extroverted male who values physical prowess doesn't make one an abuser.

In nature, most of the violence happens at the beta level, not the alpha level.

I hope you enjoy putting words in my mouth again, but that doesn't change the fact that I never said them.

There's nothing wrong with exploring the logical conclusions of your statements.......

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 5:45 pm

In relating to friends with benefits topic, have we ever heard or met anyone with high IQ and low social abilities get them?

To me I see friends with benefits only happen to socially high privileged people without barriers. I don't see this can relate to social intelligence. I think we missing a point here. How does a girl would have sex with a guy who aren't socially intelligent?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 5:48 pm

I have a moderate sort of IQ, and I had not-so-great social skills, when I was in my 20's.

I had a few "friends-with benefits" things going on in those days.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 5:57 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
In relating to friends with benefits topic, have we ever heard or met anyone with high IQ and low social abilities get them?

To me I see friends with benefits only happen to socially high privileged people without barriers. I don't see this can relate to social intelligence. I think we missing a point here. How does a girl would have sex with a guy who aren't socially intelligent?

Very physically fit body. She won't care if she can't go out in public with you and not be embarrassed by your social mistakes if you're hot and good in bed. That's the point of FWB's; the sex.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 6:01 pm

I was never "very physically fit-looking," even when I ran marathons.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 6:04 pm

That still flawed. I have physical fitness body because I wanted to be fit and healthy. I regularly attend three days a week fitness bootcamp, going on 5km run, ride bike and walk up to 5km a day on average. I have XL t-shirts but I am 180cm tall and 85kg. I am tonned, but not body builder.

And still could not get fwbs and sex. So the line between myself and kraftiekortie is split. On what minds women choose?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 6:06 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
That still flawed. I have physical fitness body because I wanted to be fit and healthy. I regularly attend three days a week fitness bootcamp, going on 5km run, ride bike and walk up to 5km a day on average. I have XL t-shirts but I am 180cm tall and 85kg. I am tonned, but not body builder.

And still could not get fwbs and sex. So the line between myself and kraftiekortie is split. On what minds women choose?

How are you going about trying to get fwb's or sex? :?

Maybe that's your problem. Maybe you have no idea how to do that.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 6:14 pm

The key, Ecomatt, in my opinion, is to not constantly lament your lack of a relationship.

I became much more successful when I developed a “don’t care” attitude concerning relationships.

If there’s one thing women hate: it’s a desperate man. They are avoided like the Plague.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 6:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The key, Ecomatt, in my opinion, is to not constantly lament your lack of a relationship.

I became much more successful when I developed a “don’t care” attitude concerning relationships.

If there’s one thing women hate: it’s a desperate man. They are avoided like the Plague.

Yep. Same rings true for gay guys. Act/appear desperate and you're undesirable. Play hard to get/unattainable or uninterested and all of the sudden you're in demand.

Ecomatt91
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 6:36 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Yep. Same rings true for gay guys. Act/appear desperate and you're undesirable. Play hard to get/unattainable or uninterested and all of the sudden you're in demand.

I agreed with both of you but I realised I was one in my early 20's but now it about observing and learning. But I met lot of desperate guys still get dates, sex and relationships just as many as desperate women too. It must be NT thing?

As for gay guys, personally not being a homosexual but from my perspective gay guys are easily attract to others even if they are desperate too.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 6:41 pm

Ecomatt91 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I agreed with both of you but I realised I was one in my early 20's but now it about observing and learning. But I met lot of desperate guys still get dates, sex and relationships just as many as desperate women too. It must be NT thing?

As for gay guys, personally not being a homosexual but from my perspective gay guys are easily attract to others even if they are desperate too.

Desperate gay guys attract other desperate gay guys, in general. It's rare that a desperate gay guy is going to attract someone who he finds to be very attractive & isn't also desperate. If he does manage that, it's mainly because he was smart enough to conceal his desperation instead of put it on display for all to see.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2018, 9:37 pm

If you're burning with passion for someone, you should marry them.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2018, 1:55 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
There's nothing wrong with exploring the logical conclusions of your statements.......

Except what you implied I believe doesn’t follow from my statements, and I don’t in fact believe it.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.