Eligible Odd-Bods! - The Premier Aspergian Singles List

Page 193 of 240 [ 3825 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 190, 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196 ... 240  Next

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2013, 5:02 am

LunaOsa wrote:
Oops. I planned on fixing that. I forgot. Um... my okcupid username is kirsten042995 if anyone wants to know.

92% match! ...only 27% friend...I still don't quite understand how that works. Maybe it's something like "if you have too much in common with your friends, you'll never have anything to debate, and you'll be bored".

...but then, I don't know why that would make for a good match.

But it could add some humor to a breakup: "Let's just be friends." "I don't know, we have a very low friend percentage...it says we have a higher chance of being enemies!"

mrmerpa85
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jul 2013, 12:06 pm

My OKCupid name is MustLoveDio. If you get my name, you are amazing.

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2013, 12:35 pm

LunaOsa wrote:
Oops. I planned on fixing that. I forgot. Um... my okcupid username is kirsten042995 if anyone wants to know.

I was planning to adding you over but I can't get in because of the error after logging in:
"Sorry, we're having technical difficulties right now. Check back later."
And that was there since yesterday!

aspieinnj
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Jul 2013, 5:30 pm

Hi. This is a neat idea for a thread! My name is Steve and I live in the United States in the state of New Jersey. I am 5 feet 11 inches tall and weigh 187 pounds. I have black hair and brown eyes.

I don’t consider myself to be the kind of person with a lot of close friends, but I'd say I have a lot of acquaintances. I don't need to have hundreds of friends in order to be happy and I don't feel the need to flaunt my social life all over the Internet. I don't need to be the center of attention! I have always been well-liked and respected by classmates in school or co-workers, supervisors, and managers at work, but I’m not the kind of person who likes to hang out with a group. I am an introverted person. My closest friends would describe me as a genuinely caring, sweet, intelligent person who always puts others first. There are plenty of other adjectives that could describe me, and none of them are negative.

I love watching sports, either in person or on television. My favorites are baseball, basketball, football, and hockey, but I'll sometimes watch others such as soccer or tennis when they are on. If I had the money, I’d go to more professional sporting events. I’d say it’s been about five years since I’ve been to one. My other interests include following the financial markets, online gaming, fantasy sports, and exercising.

I guess one of the reasons why I have been so unlucky with dating is that I am either too picky (and I am not trying to be) or I’m unable to prioritize what characteristics are important in a partner. By far, the most important trait I am looking for in a girlfriend is honesty. I think all successful relationships are built on trust and without it, a relationship is doomed. I am looking for a woman who doesn't have a lot of baggage and drama in her life. I am also looking for someone who possesses at least some of the following traits: quiet, shy, sweet, caring, intelligent, hard-working, good listener, dependable, and easy-going. I have never smoked or drank alcohol before and I don't intend to start. I can tolerate someone who is a social drinker but I am not a fan of smoking at all! I absolutely DO NOT want children because I think this world has gotten much worse since I was growing up and I can't see myself raising children in today's world!

My personality type is ISTJ (introvert, sensing, thinking, judgmental).

I think that covers everything! I've edited this multiple times in such a short time period, so I'm sure I'll think of something else to add.

LoverOfDragons
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jul 2013, 2:16 pm

Um...well, I'm Amy, I'm 18, I live in Colorado. I'm 4'9.5", I weigh about 115 pounds, petite. I have black hair and black eyes (though they both tend to be seen as brown). I'm mostly Japanese, but I'm also British, Jewish and Native American (Osage to be more specific). I mostly know English, but I also know a bit of Japanese...but not enough to make a good conversation, sad to say. I have high functioning autism and ADHD. I also have my moments of suffering from dark depression and much anxiety. Trust issues and doubts are also my problems, but I have my ways to avoid those sometimes.
Anyway, as for good things about me, I am a very kind-hearted, generous, loyal, and humorously warped. Although I have troubles meeting someone for the first time usually, I eventually show that I really care about a person's personal situation. I enjoy learning things about others and I'm able to keep even the deepest of secrets as secrets. I love giving people gifts (especially homemade ones) but sometimes I won't share my desserts. I prefer to remain indoors instead of outdoors just for the sake of security (though I am willing to go outside on special occasions or if someone forces me to. I like to share my wisdom to others even though I haven't really lived a life of the real world all that much. Anyway, I like children and babies very much. I like them so much that I even want to babysit them!
I love to draw, write stories, watch cartoons and anime, read books that involve dragons, listen to music, and lots of other stuff! I have a lot of my really quirky moments that tend to make people look at me funny; I tend to act like certain animals by performing certain behaviors they make naturally. I also quote certain parts of cartoons from cartoon characters and they are often very weird and warped. And as you all can plainly see, I write a lot and I have a lot to say, but when it comes to making verbal conversation, that isn't always the case.
What I looks for in a soulmate is someone who wants to make a commitment that lasts a lifetime. I want to be with someone who can not only talk the talk, but can also walk the walk. Oh and I want to be with someone who can assure me that he really truly loves me and tells me he does love me because he truly does and not because it's to be a force of habit. Like all of you, I want to be with someone who loves me for who I am and not for what I am or what I have. One thing for sure that I want from another is to have characteristics that remind me of my brother. Physically, that shouldn't be difficult, because I love tall, skinny, and manly guys (not manly as in really buff. Someone who is mature but has a great sense of humor are one of the things that are very critical to me, simple reason why I won't date anyone who is younger than me (I personally would prefer 25 year olds). And out of experience, someone who is not overly sensitive emotionally would be great. There are other things that I want in someone, but, you know... I apologize for leaving a post that is kinda long. I'm sure there are longer posts, but I do apologize for this one, to say the least.

Giftorcurse
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2013, 7:30 am

My name is Connor.
I am nineteen years old, and I live in South Carolina. I'm about two hundred pounds, and I'm thinking of exercising more. I have dirt blonde hair, and blue eyes. I'm currently attending community college, and I write fiction on the side. My genres are mainly science fiction, horror, mysteries and thrillers. I was diagnosed with HFA/Asperger syndrome when I was about eight years old. I've struggled with deep depression (I attempted suicide twice in the past few years), anxiety, and PTSD due to bullying from high school. I sometimes get brief flashbacks, and recurring dreams about my four years in that jungle.

Now for the good things...
I've been described as wise beyond my years and funny. I try to maintain optimism when times are rough. Socially, I'm not that great with the opposite sex, but practice makes perfect.

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

04 Jul 2013, 12:21 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
LunaOsa wrote:

92% match! ...only 27% friend...I still don't quite understand how that works. Maybe it's something like "if you have too much in common with your friends, you'll never have anything to debate, and you'll be bored".

...but then, I don't know why that would make for a good match.

But it could add some humor to a breakup: "Let's just be friends." "I don't know, we have a very low friend percentage...it says we have a higher chance of being enemies!"

Haha :D Who are you on okcupid?

mrmerpa85 wrote:

Surprisingly, I do get it.

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:
LunaOsa wrote:

I was planning to adding you over but I can't get in because of the error after logging in:
"Sorry, we're having technical difficulties right now. Check back later."
And that was there since yesterday!

Try it now :)

arnoldmcguire335
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2013, 1:59 pm

LunaOsa wrote:

Sadly, still stuck on the error message, even after clearing cache!
I don't know why I can't get in!

LunaOsa
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2013, 8:47 pm

arnoldmcguire335 wrote:
LunaOsa wrote:

Sadly, still stuck on the error message, even after clearing cache!
I don't know why I can't get in!

I don't know either D:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2013, 8:48 pm

Try this
http://www.okcupid.com/profile/kirsten042995

Starfleet0
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2013, 12:32 pm

22, male, Australia.

OkCupid name: astrumvelox (can't post URLs yet apparently)

Says it all really :)

RandomObject
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jul 2013, 8:35 pm

My okcupid is wilhelmthewise. It's a rather boring profile.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2013, 8:45 pm

my okc is onlywantmyresul

SilentRose
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Jul 2013, 10:12 am

mrmerpa85 wrote:

Seeing that you are a Rock N Roll enthusiast...I'd have to say that your "Dio" refers to Ronnie James Dio (formerly of Black Sabbath)....Way Way Way before my time. But my dad was a big hair, rock n roll enthusiast back in the 70's-80's :wink:

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2013, 6:54 pm

21, Live in Halifax, UK (not nova scotia! :) ) Mostly pretty sociable but i tend to get kinda shy around someone i like, or overcompensate by acting like an idiot :? , although i loosen up fairly quickly. New to the forum(haven't even made 5 posts yet) will post a picture further down.

FabianV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Jul 2013, 6:55 pm

actually nvm, avatar's clear enough.