Help Tim Tex attract a partner

Page 3 of 11 [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

therange
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 10:56 pm

Sound, I think you're being too nice. Enlarge TimTex's avatar and look at his mug. Does he look like the kind of guy that's going to attract the type of woman he wants? His best hope, honestly, is becoming rich, then nothing...style, appearance, personality...matter, whatsoever.

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:00 pm

therange wrote:
Sound, I think you're being too nice. Enlarge TimTex's avatar and look at his mug. Does he look like the kind of guy that's going to attract the type of woman he wants? His best hope, honestly, is becoming rich, then nothing...style, appearance, personality...matter, whatsoever.

I disagree. That impression, IMO, lies in some subtle details of the pic. However, if you focus on the facial structure and eyes, that's good material to work with. I've seen some hot guys with a face similar to his.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:03 pm

I'd like to see what he'd look like with a crew cut and a pair of glasses that better suits him. And while you're right, individual style is just that...individual...polo shirts don't look good on anyone. Even on muscular men, they look like tools.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:06 pm

therange wrote:

Whats wrong with him, I have seen some ugly guys around here but I won't name names, people who don't post a pic shouldn't be judging someone whos showing himself here, he has nothing to hide.
Personally I think Tim would look hot with a goatee maybe slightly longer hair and some more stylish glasses or contacts

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:11 pm

Tbh his avatar pic is not going to be good enough to work with.

I need one on a less unflattering angle making a neutral face and that is actually recent.

If I recall correctly that photo of him is years old.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:11 pm

I have a pic posted in the adult forum hot aspie thread thing.

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:16 pm

therange wrote:
And while you're right, individual style is just that...individual...polo shirts don't look good on anyone. Even on muscular men, they look like tools.
LOL well I agree... But lots of people disagree with that! And those same polo douche bags DO manage to pull in plenty of attention from women.

In home-based music production (my other personal obsession), there's a certain important philosophy - It's about the craftsman, not the tool. You can take a seemingly piece of s**t instrument, and make it sing. You just have to figure out it's strengths and weaknesses, and utilize it's full potential, an it can be made utterly beautiful. Just don't try to hard on making it what it's not. Likewise, you can take what appears to be a top-tier instrument, attempt to make it do what it's not good at, and your results will be lacking.

In the same way, by making Tim_Tex good at exuding the image he enjoys, then he WILL be attractive. He won't be attractive if he takes advice that's contrary to his social values and self-image. We should not make him into something he is not. If he's an immutably polo kinda guy, then lets rock the polos.

Friskeygirl wrote:
people who don't post a pic shouldn't be judging someone who's showing himself here, he has nothing to hide.
Point taken. I'll remedy that now.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:32 pm

Can we quit the bickering and at least try to focus? And for christ's sake, KEEP IT SIMPLE! A dozen different manifestos on everything you think Tim needs to be doing isn't gonna help.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:36 pm

Alright, I propose that Tim makes an online dating profile. I suggest OKCupid. It's free and anyone can view member pages, so we can see his profile and offer him advice.

Sound
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:47 pm

I'm afraid that 'a dozen different manifestos' is par for the course. A lot of people, a lot of ideas. Some people have a lot of details or nuances to their ideas. And some people feel others type up bad ideas, and so shoot them down. Say hello to teh intarwobbles.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:54 pm

Last edited by therange on 27 Feb 2010, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

NeantHumain
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 1:54 am

Tim,

You've been on here for quite some time, and I've seen you post to the forums on a dating site I joined, and I can't say anything about your appearance, but I will say this:

Worry less about types. Just try talking to women regardless of their religion, political views, hobbies, and interests. Whether you hit it off or not, the practice of just chatting comfortably with new people, particularly women, is helpful. Not to mention that your obsession with a good Christian nympho Republican who watches South Park is more a psychological distraction than anything.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 2:00 am

It's kind of like last year when I refused to date any woman who drank. Sure, I'm not going to click with a party animal that acts like she's still in a sorority, but having a social drink or two doesn't make the woman a bad person or a follower. Some people like the taste of alcohol. I even enjoy a Bass Ale or a Black and Tan on occasion.

I'm personally being too hard on Tim. A lot of that is because I don't like people that whine all the time and refuse to change or listen to advice, but I think the last poster gave great advice.

ValMikeSmith
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 2:27 am

Tim's avatar looks attractive to me and I can't "judge" his clothes.

This is embarrassing... I feel very stupid about it.
Imagine there's a guy named John Sexy Doe.
Ladies?,
What's your maximum date weight ratio?
In percentage %, how much heavier can Mr.Doe be without squishing you?
I am a reasonably strong slim guy who can probably lift and carry Mr. Doe,
but I'm afraid someone wouldn't be able to breathe if Mr. Doe made love to
someone between the weight of Kate Moss and Myself, in
the "traditional religious amorous way".

I like Tim and I am NOT judging his weight.
Its only a coy suggestion to Tim,
And ONLY IF he is heavier than John Sexy Doe
And if he wants a light wife, THEN losing weight would be my only suggestion.

Wow, that is so hard to think of a nice way to say. I'm sorry if I failed. :oops:

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 2:35 am

^Exactly. You are more likely to hook up with a person, if you are close to their physical fitness level.

Those who know, don't speak.

therange
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 2:41 am

I agree, but there are exceptions. My cousin is short, fat, and ugly, looks like Shrek, and he has a cute, thin-framed girlfriend. He has a great personality, though. Down to earth, life of the party, without being arrogant, so women see past his looks. But notice I say, he's extremely extroverted.