Rejected by eHarmony dating site? (Poll)

Page 3 of 11 [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Were you rejected by eHarmony?
I never applied to eHarmony 56%  56%  [ 50 ]
Yes, they rejected me 21%  21%  [ 19 ]
No, they accepted me 22%  22%  [ 20 ]
Total votes : 89

Volodja
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2010, 5:51 pm

I have only tried OKCupid and plenty of fish. I found plentyoffish pretty crap tbh. Okcupid is great. It's easy to answer a lot of questions imo - it's something fun to do if you're bored imo. My matches have been great personality-wise. I would definitely advise anyone interested in dating sites to try okc. I mean it is free after all and a good site I think

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 1:54 am

Well I thought I would take the plunge and actually try out this Okcupid site you all go on about.

Answering the questions is far too addictive I was up till 2am bloody filling them out I wouldn't mind but im sat here having less then 4 hours sleep and off to work, you swines! :lol:

I found some of the stats it gives you quite amusing. Apparently I'm most compatible with people from Iceland or the State of Massachesets (spelling?) makes sense to me for that part of american as some of my distant relatives were exiled there by Elizabeth I think theres even an airforce base with my surname over there if i recall. But Iceland?! WTF im not sure whats being implyed there, finland came second though 8)

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 6:30 am

Laz wrote:
I found some of the stats it gives you quite amusing. Apparently I'm most compatible with people from Iceland or the State of Massachesets (spelling?) makes sense to me for that part of american as some of my distant relatives were exiled there by Elizabeth I think theres even an airforce base with my surname over there if i recall. But Iceland?! WTF im not sure whats being implyed there, finland came second though 8)

Yeah, I just got something in my email saying that my best 'other' countries are South Korea, Japan, Czech Republic, and Hungary. Got pointed toward Massachusetts, New York, California, and Oregon as well. Crazy stuff.

I just need to get some good self-shots now, unfortunately my friends have all split to the four corners of the states so my chances for current 'social proof' photos are kind of dashed.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 7:32 am

Laz wrote:
Well I thought I would take the plunge and actually try out this Okcupid site you all go on about.

Answering the questions is far too addictive I was up till 2am bloody filling them out I wouldn't mind but im sat here having less then 4 hours sleep and off to work, you swines! :lol:

While I am loathe to engage in schadenfreude.... I'm so glad I'm not the only one. :D

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 8:11 am

Laz wrote:

Wait 'til you find the quizzes 8)

It's a fairly entertaining site, even for the terminally single.

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 8:57 am

Dating sites = lame. :lol:

Most of these are scams, if you seriously want a dating site, search IRL.

Sorry, I'm just saying how it is.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 9:59 am

For the most part I would agree with you in some respects. However the matching system amuses me no end with the people I am apparently a match with on this okcupid site and now looking at my "enemies" is absolutely hillarious the kind of people they reckon are my polar opposites

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 12:07 pm

Blint wrote:

Most are. OKcupid has no incentive though to scam people. The site is free, it depends on ad revenue and a few people who sign up for extra service. I have dated alot of folks using the site.
Some argue because its free its not worth it, but people have to have the time to invest in the questions and you can screen out folks who did not answer questions or don't match. Many dating sites set up fake female profiles, because truth be told most women don't waste their time. As a woman, I found ok cupid was worth my time. It allowed an appropriate level of screening, in fact as an aspie girl, it was extra helpful, because I can use questions algorithms to screen out guys because I cannot rely on body language and reading between the lines like most women.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 1:09 pm

starygrrl wrote:
Blint wrote:

Most are. OKcupid has no incentive though to scam people. The site is free, it depends on ad revenue and a few people who sign up for extra service. I have dated alot of folks using the site.
Some argue because its free its not worth it, but people have to have the time to invest in the questions and you can screen out folks who did not answer questions or don't match. Many dating sites set up fake female profiles, because truth be told most women don't waste their time. As a woman, I found ok cupid was worth my time. It allowed an appropriate level of screening, in fact as an aspie girl, it was extra helpful, because I can use questions algorithms to screen out guys because I cannot rely on body language and reading between the lines like most women.

I think the OKCupid algorithm is quite a good one. I seem to be matched to a lot of intelligent women, like the kind I was looking for.

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 8:05 pm

Well if you want to ripp the piss out of me my username on there is laz1981 I just finished writing up the profile except the summary bit. I think i sound like a right pretentious prick with what i've just wrote but nevermind we shall see what comes of it :lol:

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 8:26 pm

Laz wrote:
Well if you want to ripp the piss out of me my username on there is laz1981 I just finished writing up the profile except the summary bit. I think i sound like a right pretentious prick with what i've just wrote but nevermind we shall see what comes of it :lol:

I'd go out with ya. :wink: 75% match! :wink:

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 11:06 pm

Laz wrote:

8O Wow, you have answered a lot of questions! You do realize that if you select that you accept, say, answers A, B, and D, and that you care "a little," the algorithm takes it to mean you do not really want someone who would answer C, and your match percentage drops, yes? A quick look shows me that, for example, you do not want to date someone who knows how to spell the word "definite." :P Might be metaphorically shooting yourself in the foot a bit there.

Also, ah...the "What I'm doing" part kind of reads like a CV. Looks good, though, otherwise.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2010, 11:46 pm

Blint wrote:

And so if you hit your late 20's or early 30's, the high school or college sweetheart doesn't work out, what's your plan? Bars?

When you get wealthy third world princesses wanting you to open bank US bank accounts so they can offload their funds its pretty obvious to anyone with a lick of common sense anyway.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 12:21 am

laz, we are also 75% match! lol i started a profile just to see how i match with some friends and other people on here. i haven't filled in anything except the bare minimum requirements to do the quizzes. i can't figure out how to find out my best countries for matches though?

so far, my highest matches are neo-hippies. one lives on a commune and another one is living off-the-grid. how fun!

nthach
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 12:32 am

I'm on okcupid too and my profile is rough until I get a picture and more info fields filled in.

Apparently my personality is more spiritual, passive conservative, capitalistic and socially conservative and less mathematical. Time for another 100 or so questions to tweak my personality to where I see fit.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2010, 4:37 am

hyperlexian wrote:
laz, we are also 75% match! lol i started a profile just to see how i match with some friends and other people on here. i haven't filled in anything except the bare minimum requirements to do the quizzes. i can't figure out how to find out my best countries for matches though?

Likewise! Except for the match thing. Laz and I are apparently only a 57% match. Which is a lot like 75, ah...in its way. And 19% enemies! (insert threatening fist-shaking here) I wonder what countries it would suggest for me. :?: