Page 3 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:22 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:
I think Sheldon is very cute.

Same here. I'm partial to Leonard, too. I would have Leonard's babies.

Leonard is pretty cute, but there is something mesmerising about Sheldon.

I have had crushes on a number of computer/science nerds. I have liked 7 nerds in fact, when I count. Im not the slightest bit techy myself though. There's just something about that sort of introspectiveness.

Taking a break.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:36 am

Sheldon is mesmerizing, but seeing as how he's asexual and completely uninterested in a relationship that would even remotely resemble what I want... he's a no go.

Leonard is basically the same person, but not asexual and interested in a relationship I could get into.

If you're a nerd, I'll want to jump your bones. Period. lol

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:53 am

Sheldon may be asexual, but the actor who plays him most probably isnt. And it comes out in the acting, though he doesnt mean it to.

Taking a break.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 1:41 am

I was speaking strictly about the character. I'm positive the actor isn't asexual. lol

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 1:51 am

I guess. But I believe that if you want to have a genuine asexual character portrayed, it is best to get an actor who themselves are asexual. Otherwise geek lovers like me will see right through their asexual act.

Taking a break.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 2:14 am

I really can't see through things like that. I'm just sure the actor isn't asexual because I remember seeing him on one of those late shows last year.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 3:33 am

I'm clueless about this stuff as always - so how does it work, any kind of intellectual job or interest makes you a nerd or are there other requirements? :lol:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 7:24 am

Sallamandrina wrote:
I'm clueless about this stuff as always - so how does it work, any kind of intellectual job or interest makes you a nerd or are there other requirements? :lol:

I found this OKC test quite useful in this regard - The Nerd? Dork? or Geek? test:

http://www.okcupid.com/tests/take?testi ... 0046738815

I'm a classic nerd myself - too non-tech oriented to be a geek, and not into sci-fi/comics enough to be a dork...

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 7:36 am

Grisha wrote:
Sallamandrina wrote:

I found this OKC test quite useful in this regard - The Nerd? Dork? or Geek? test:

I'm a classic nerd myself - too non-tech oriented to be a geek, and not into sci-fi/comics enough to be a dork...

That's awesome! I've just found out that both hubby and I are "pure nerds" :lol:. We call them intellectuals around here :P The only thing that probably saved me from being a dork is being athletic and having a fashion sense.

Cool, thank you.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 7:45 am

I got Joe Normal on that test. I'm sure that's wrong. I think the problem is that the test focuses on 'classic nerdisms'. I'm a fall through the cracks nerd, really.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:12 am

Sallamandrina wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Sallamandrina wrote:

That's awesome! I've just found out that both hubby and I are "pure nerds" :lol:. We call them intellectuals around here :P The only thing that probably saved me from being a dork is being athletic and having a fashion sense.

Cool, thank you.

Actually I'm dorkier than you - I scored "Tri-Lamb Material"

See the resemblence? I could be Gilbert's stand-in...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:21 am

Taking this test on okc wouldn't be wise.....

mv
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:24 am

Grisha wrote:
Sallamandrina wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Sallamandrina wrote:

Cool, thank you.

Actually I'm dorkier than you - I scored "Tri-Lamb Material"

See the resemblence? I could be Gilbert's stand-in...

Is it bad that I know which one Gilbert is?

I say let your nerd/geek/dork flag fly. Christ, I had to put up with everyone's else's mandatory politics in college, I think it can be my turn now...

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:44 am

mv wrote:
I say let your nerd/geek/dork flag fly.

Me too - I totally own my nerdiness now, I'm sick of trying to pretend to be something I'm not, I'm not very good at doing that anyway...

mv
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:49 am

Grisha wrote:
mv wrote:
I say let your nerd/geek/dork flag fly.

Me too - I totally own my nerdiness now, I'm sick of trying to pretend to be something I'm not, I'm not very good at doing that anyway...

Yay! I think that's great. Me, too; I feel so much better, so much more at peace with everything.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 8:56 am

You guys are getting me worried. I had no idea I qualify as a nerd and nobody ever bothered me about it - should I now expect to be chased by an angry mob carrying torches and forks? 8O