At what age do most Aspies kiss for the very first time?

Page 3 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

How old were you?
I never kissed anyone in a romantic way but I want to! 29%  29%  [ 85 ]
I never kissed anyone in a romantic way but I don't want to. 4%  4%  [ 13 ]
Under -14 15%  15%  [ 44 ]
14-16 17%  17%  [ 49 ]
16-18 14%  14%  [ 40 ]
18-20 10%  10%  [ 28 ]
20-25 8%  8%  [ 22 ]
25-30 3%  3%  [ 8 ]
30-35 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
35-40 0%  0%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 292

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 1:36 pm

tomboy4good wrote:
I should also say that it's something that really upsets me when I hear stuff like this still happening to kids today. No child should have their innocence destroyed by a pedophile.

agreed. i think you should feel very proud of where you are today, and i am impressed you have faced the experience head-on. not everyone is able to understand how their current feelings and ideas are affected by their past trauma as well as you have done.

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 1:47 pm

Yeah, thanks! I stood up to my molester because there was no one else who would or could. By the age of 12, I was pretty much resolved to handling my issues by myself. I've actually been toying with the idea of writing my life's story. I've read so many different stories, & mine is different from "A Child Called It," & others out there on child abuse. I'm sure my mom would be less than pleased if she knew. LOL

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 1:52 pm

tomboy4good wrote:
Yeah, thanks! I stood up to my molester because there was no one else who would or could. By the age of 12, I was pretty much resolved to handling my issues by myself. I've actually been toying with the idea of writing my life's story. I've read so many different stories, & mine is different from "A Child Called It," & others out there on child abuse. I'm sure my mom would be less than pleased if she knew. LOL

damn good idea. it could be therapeutic too.

(sorry for the derailed topic, OP)

OldFashioned
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 1:57 pm

No no, don't worry. I am just speechless, I don't know what to say other than that I am sorry about what happened to you.

This guy deserves to be skinned alive, dipped in vinegar and have his body parts amputated one by one before being forced to eat his own eyes and burned.

Sorry, I just feel that prison is not a good enough punishment for some people... I think torture should be legal to punish the worst criminals...

tomboy4good
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 2:07 pm

OldFashioned wrote:
No no, don't worry. I am just speechless, I don't know what to say other than that I am sorry about what happened to you.

This guy deserves to be skinned alive, dipped in vinegar and have his body parts amputated one by one before being forced to eat his own eyes and burned.

Sorry, I just feel that prison is not a good enough punishment for some people... I think torture should be legal to punish the worst criminals...

Thanks. The last I heard about this piece of excrement is that after his release (I was about 15 or 16), he moved to another state & took a family's farm (something that had been passed down for generations) away from them. I have no clue if he is alive (I can only hope he's not so he can't hurt anyone else ever again) or if he's long dead. Because of the things he did after I stood up to him, I blamed myself for having innocents' blood on my hands. He was a destroyer of lives, there's no doubt in my mind. I have been told many times by people I know & professionsls that I should not blame myself for something I had nothing to do with (other than my sick relationship with him). Sick because he & his SO befriended my parents. They liked to hang out doing couples activities with me tagging along. They also begged my parents to let me sleep over on weekends. Never happened, but I shudder at what could have transpired. Sick also because my mother suspected there was something going on & who made sure it got covered up. Probably to save her own skin since I most likely would have been removed from their "care." And she didn't want anything like that to happen to her.

Aspie Score: 173/200, NT score 31/200: very likely an Aspie
5/18/11: New Aspie test: 72/72
DX: Anxiety plus ADHD/Aspergers: inconclusive

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jun 2011, 2:29 pm

I was 21 and she unexpectedly stuck her tongue in my mouth which I didn't expect and didn't particularly like. I did like fondling her breasts while she did it though. Thinking back there was no body language to read, she said she wanted me and I asked if she wanted to go for a walk and make out.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 3:13 pm

I was nineteen. I was in my dorm room with my interest who later became my boyfriend. He was sick for a while, that's why he said he hadn't kissed me yet. He said he was feeling better and pulled me close and planted a quick kiss on me and then another longer one. Although the relationship didn't turn out well, I still look back on that memory with fondness. He was a cutie too. ^.^

hans66
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2011, 2:57 am

I might be 16 or 17 or so when I had my first French kiss. I didn't like it. But the girl that I Frenched didn't like it, too. She told that I couldn't stick out the tongue far enough. The same I thought from her.

Until now I haven't kissed for romantic reasons. I have French kissed several times for lust reasons. I like it a lot.

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 6:44 pm

I was 19. I didn't know how you would go about kissing someone, and I asked my brother who said (you just "feel" the moment) - useless NT answer if ever there was one. We were watching a movie and snuggling and I just thought I'd go for it, so I leaned up and initiated a make-out session. Afterwards I asked him if he'd be my boyfriend and he said yes. He was my first boyfriend.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2011, 9:40 pm

I was 19. I never had an arousing kiss until I was 24 though.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 2:10 am

Mine happened when I was 20. I think it's a different story than most people's on here. I'd describe it as heart-pounding and ethereal. It happened when me and a few of my friends went to visit another friend (who I never met before) in a town where I've never been to before. He looked like a typical alpha male, but having sensed my tension, he acted more mellow around me than around people he knew. Anyway, we pre-loaded at the guy's apartment and went to some dive bar. Still, I started feeling very uneasy, and despite my drunken state, had to chain-smoke cigarettes to stay calm.

We arrived, and I immediately bought a giant glass of beer to "recharge". Then I went over to the dance floor, and lost track of my friends. At one point, I worked up a nerve to ask a girl to dance. Within minutes, she got very snuggly. I tried to talk to her, but with my brain flooded with alcohol and the nerve-wracking novelty of the situation, I stumbled through every word.

Suddenly, I felt a sensation of a tongue in my mouth! It took me, literally, minutes to fully process what was happening. I wrapped my arms around her and started kissing her passionately. Some base instinct, buried deep under layers of aspie awkwardness, must have guided me along, because we kept going at it for 15 minutes non-stop. All throughout, I felt really dizzy and weak in my legs, and had to hold on to a railing to stabilize myself. Then, as suddenly and mysteriously as she appeared, she gave me a sloppy hug, smiled, and said: "thanks for the dance, I gotta go find my friends" and left.

I stood there dumbfounded, like I just got struck by lightning. I was jerked back to reality when my friend pulled me by the wrist and said: "come on, dude, we're heading out". As we walked back, I was flying so high, I kept seeing airplanes under my feet. And I couldn't stop smiling for days! I've had better kisses since then, but this one shocked me to the core.

Last edited by Aspie1 on 06 Jun 2011, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 3:21 am

I was 14 when I first (and last) kissed a girl. I actually can't remember how I did that. But I assure you that now, I am on square one and probably won't kiss anyone for many years to come.

queenserenity22
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Jun 2011, 5:29 pm

I had my first kiss last thursday, no joke and I am 26 years old I had been wating for that for a long time. No tongues though me and my boyfriend decided before we met in real life ( most of my relationship was done through im and webcaming) that we would kiss without using tongues we both don't like the idea of swapping spit.

George Carlin

queenserenity22

04 Jun 2011, 5:30 pm

I had my first kiss last thursday, no joke and I am 26 years old I had been wating for that for a long time. No tongues though me and my boyfriend decided before we met in real life ( most of my relationship was done through im and webcaming) that we would kiss without using tongues we both don't like the idea of swapping spit.

George Carlin

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 5:49 pm

still waiting...

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2011, 9:35 pm

I have had sex but I have never kissed anyone. It feels too uncomfortable for someone to kiss me. When I was fooling around with a waitress at work she would yell at me to get over my shyness whenever I refused to kiss her. It is one of the reasons why she stopped having anything to do with me. She said it made her feel like a prostitute because a whore will do anything except kiss on the mouth and a trick screwing the prostitute would never kiss a whore on the mouth. :roll: I tried to explain to her how uncomfortable it made me feel and she said then it must mean I am either a repressed homosexual or a serial killer. :roll: