Page 3 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2011, 8:38 pm

gtw1983 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Yeah. Tequila countered with that to my claims to how a girl's low self esteem can result in a guy becoming friendzoned unintentionally. For me, mine comes from my weight. So I don't knooooow. :D

My point was this: the woman in the photo is probably three times your weight and she has or had quite a lot of friends. So if you really want friends, thinking that you're fat is not the reason to absolve yourself of responsibility.

You never provided jerk-off material to me when I asked, so obviously your self-esteem is not that low.

Keep your chin up and think a little about how you might change your behaviour, OK? :)

Self image and self esteem are all in the subconscious.
As one thinks of themselves....so will you eventually become.

The woman you posted may be disgustingly obese to some,but in her mind she has convinced herself that she is attractive.Just the same a girl could be astonishingly beautiful and fit,but if she's been told she's worthless her whole life she's bound to have serious self esteem issues.

I've been using meditation and a possitive affirmation tape to increase my feelings of self worth.Seem to be making some progress :)

Reminds me of the show Glee. Lauren Zizes is not thin and all that, yet she runs the school like she is the hottest girl there. The way she thinks changes the way she comes across, and Puckerman is crazy about her.

I firmly believe things aren't a big issue unless we make them an issue. I told this to my sister when I said to quit bringing up her history of depression if she doesn't want to be treated differently. She says it's not a big deal, yet constantly talks about it, seeks validation, etc, so obviously, it is a big deal.

I find ways to not make my own issues a big deal, and as a result, they're not.

http://aspiespy.blogspot.com/

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

I think being friends with a woman for the chance of a relationship is wrong personally. A lot of people get hurt.

As for friend zone, It must suck for guys constantly put in it. Perhaps you could try asking them out after you haven't known them for a while?

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 10:37 pm

Hell, I'd switch places with the OP. Never met a lady who even wanted to be my friend. I might find them annoying after a while, but it's probably an experience I should have.

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2011, 11:08 pm

nick007 wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
The woman you posted may be disgustingly obese to some,but in her mind she has convinced herself that she is attractive.

Can be considered being delusional :?:

Well in reality anyone with a vastly different viewpoint than you might be considered to be delusional.Whereas they might also think you are delusional.That's the odd thing about this life...the vast majority of our experiences are subjective to every person who views them.And then people with similar idea's gather together,hence where large religious organizations and other social cliches come to be.

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2011, 11:12 pm

justjelliot wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Erisad wrote:
Yeah. Tequila countered with that to my claims to how a girl's low self esteem can result in a guy becoming friendzoned unintentionally. For me, mine comes from my weight. So I don't knooooow. :D

My point was this: the woman in the photo is probably three times your weight and she has or had quite a lot of friends. So if you really want friends, thinking that you're fat is not the reason to absolve yourself of responsibility.

You never provided jerk-off material to me when I asked, so obviously your self-esteem is not that low.

Keep your chin up and think a little about how you might change your behaviour, OK? :)

Self image and self esteem are all in the subconscious.
As one thinks of themselves....so will you eventually become.

The woman you posted may be disgustingly obese to some,but in her mind she has convinced herself that she is attractive.Just the same a girl could be astonishingly beautiful and fit,but if she's been told she's worthless her whole life she's bound to have serious self esteem issues.

I've been using meditation and a possitive affirmation tape to increase my feelings of self worth.Seem to be making some progress :)

Reminds me of the show Glee. Lauren Zizes is not thin and all that, yet she runs the school like she is the hottest girl there. The way she thinks changes the way she comes across, and Puckerman is crazy about her.

I firmly believe things aren't a big issue unless we make them an issue. I told this to my sister when I said to quit bringing up her history of depression if she doesn't want to be treated differently. She says it's not a big deal, yet constantly talks about it, seeks validation, etc, so obviously, it is a big deal.

I find ways to not make my own issues a big deal, and as a result, they're not.

Exactly...it's all in the mind.
Naturally if she obsesses over how depressed she is and how horrible her life is etc etc her subconscious mind will see to it that she remains in that state as long as she spends her time focusing on it.Although admittingly with Aspergers I have to work a little harder than most people to deal with the depression and Obsessions.But I'm getting there little by little..lol

GoatOnFire wrote:
Hell, I'd switch places with the OP. Never met a lady who even wanted to be my friend. I might find them annoying after a while, but it's probably an experience I should have.

Are you saying that they all want to date you,or that you can't develop any kind of relationships with women at all?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 11:17 pm

Dellusion only becomes a problem when it affects other people or the said person negatively.

As for people obsessing over how bad their life is - it's a sign something is out of balance. Might be a good idea to look at treatment options.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2011, 11:39 pm

gtw1983 wrote:
GoatOnFire wrote:

Are you saying that they all want to date you,or that you can't develop any kind of relationships with women at all?

The latter.

Every now and then there will be some interest expressed but I never catch it or don't know how to respond and the interest is lost very quickly. So technically, I can't develop any kind of relationship with women.

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jun 2011, 11:59 pm

Erisad wrote:
I probably have friendzoned guys in the past because I don't see them as being interested in me unless they're very obvious about it. I figured that why would they ever find me attractive when I'm the fattest girl here? They must be winking at my friend sitting next to me because she's so much prettier than me. When guys are overt with me I get intimidated and hide. Granted, this never happened to me in real life, only online. Maybe I'm not as attractive in person? I have no idea. >.<

Okay, answering the OP's question. If you have been friendzoned, consider the idea that they might not have even been aware that you liked themin the first place.

I guess I'm still wondering something here. How do I tell you I'm interested without telling you I'm interested? I've been very direct about that most of my life. I've said, 'Here's the deal. I like you. I'd like you to like me' and waited, and often end up filling the silence with, 'Soooo.... now what?'

So what is the more neurotypical way to show I like you without causing an awkward scene by telling you I like you? Reminds me of Hitch, when Smith's character goes on a rant at how stupid falling in love is, see it here.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 12:42 am

justjelliot wrote:
Erisad wrote:
I probably have friendzoned guys in the past because I don't see them as being interested in me unless they're very obvious about it. I figured that why would they ever find me attractive when I'm the fattest girl here? They must be winking at my friend sitting next to me because she's so much prettier than me. When guys are overt with me I get intimidated and hide. Granted, this never happened to me in real life, only online. Maybe I'm not as attractive in person? I have no idea. >.<

Okay, answering the OP's question. If you have been friendzoned, consider the idea that they might not have even been aware that you liked themin the first place.

I guess I'm still wondering something here. How do I tell you I'm interested without telling you I'm interested? I've been very direct about that most of my life. I've said, 'Here's the deal. I like you. I'd like you to like me' and waited, and often end up filling the silence with, 'Soooo.... now what?'

So what is the more neurotypical way to show I like you without causing an awkward scene by telling you I like you? Reminds me of Hitch, when Smith's character goes on a rant at how stupid falling in love is, see it here.

Usually if you ask them if they´d like to do a 2 people activity such as coffee and you make it clear that its just going to be the two of you they get the idea that you like them.

You have to put yourself out there and face a possible rejection but its much unlikelier to be friendzoned by doing this and if you are its not your fault.

justjelliot
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2011, 1:06 am

spongy wrote:
justjelliot wrote:
Erisad wrote:

Usually if you ask them if they´d like to do a 2 people activity such as coffee and you make it clear that its just going to be the two of you they get the idea that you like them.

You have to put yourself out there and face a possible rejection but its much unlikelier to be friendzoned by doing this and if you are its not your fault.

Yeah, I've done that though. I'm a borderline serial dater at this point, sometimes three girls a weekend. Rarely do I see them a second time.

First dates seem to be about feeling things out, seeing if the date was a good idea, etc. Second date is still in that realm, with more about getting to know each other. By the end of the third, it seems a move has to be made to get to a fourth. For some, that's sex. Others, it's a kiss. Whatever. That's where the 'I want to see you again' issue tends to come in.

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 8:33 am

justjelliot wrote:
Erisad wrote:

I dunno. Someone else suggested a two people activity and stuff. How are you behaving around the other person? Are you still acting like a friend or are you paying special close attention to what she's saying? There are guides online for this. I'd suggest wikihow instead of the PUA BS though.

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2011, 9:50 am

GoatOnFire wrote:
gtw1983 wrote:
GoatOnFire wrote:

The latter.

Every now and then there will be some interest expressed but I never catch it or don't know how to respond and the interest is lost very quickly. So technically, I can't develop any kind of relationship with women.

Yeah...seems like for some there is that short window of opportunity to respond.Maybe I'm over thinking things but to me it seems to be the girls you just recently met that show the most blatant interest,only to loose it quickly if you don't deal with it.

While on the other hand 'girlfriends' (Girls that have been my friend for a while) may develop crushes on me over time,but their interest is very subtle and hard to pick up.Not only that but the attraction between friends seems to lasts a good bit longer than a new acquaintance would show.If I could make a comparison I would say think of a quick spark of attraction,verses a small flame slowly burning itself out.

had a friend that told me years later that she once had a big crush on me,but thinking back her behavior around me seemed merely like that of a friend and nothing more.I have a younger neighbor/ long time friend that I thought was cute but always seemed to be very disinterested in me that way.Then a few weeks ago her sister privately told me that she had said she thinks I am 'hot'.

So for some reason at least in my case indicators of interest seem really hard to pick up when it's a friend,compared to a girl I recently met.I dunno if it's just a coincidence or that friends that fancy you are just afraid of destroying the friendship through a relationship.Who knows...maybe you've had a friend that was a girl whom was interested,and you just never realized it.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2011, 3:51 pm

me, I can't friendzone something that isn't there.

gtw1983
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2011, 8:46 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
me, I can't friendzone something that isn't there.

I guess I've been a lot more fortunate than I previously thought.I've been able to have pretty good friendships with women.Some have felt so comfortable around me that they told me some very intimate things.
But the kicker for me is trying to move beyond that friend zone,and trying to discern if there are indicators of interest.I don''t know what I would have done without my body language training.

But what is your sticking point where you find it hard to make friendships?Is it just with women or men too?

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2011, 12:47 am

justjelliot wrote:
Nearly all my life I've been a good friend. Such a good friend that girls wouldn't want to wreck that. For so long I thought I was so f**** up that I thought it would be selfish to bring a girl down to my level. I couldn't fix myself and become normal. Eventually I tried to off myself, and six months after that I got the Aspie diagnosis. Now I don't feel so terrible about myself, as I'm not to 'blame' for being so different.

All this goes to show that I have struggled with the ladies beyond being good friends. I have never been out with one girl more than six times, and never had a real girlfriend. I've only kissed a girl (sober) once, and that was last week, at 25. I've never had (sober) sex or anything more.

I used to go to my friends who were girls, and ask for step by step guidelines on how to make things work with girls. They implied that such a nice guy like me would know it when I saw it, would need to play it by ear, etc. I did that, and it never worked.

I found out years later with a few girls that if I had made a move or tried to 'get some' they would have happily provided. One in particular asked what was wrong with me years earlier. I didn't say this, but thought 'You never explicitly told me what I could or couldn't do.' I used to think the ideas of men taking the lead, making moves, etc, was a way that the church and men keep women down, and the liberated woman tells the man what's ok.

After all, guys have a button pretty much. We're always ready to go, we just need to know what is off limits, we'll take care of the rest.

Can anyone relate? Is there a rule book somewhere, or an online translator to know what girls mean when they don't explicitly say it?

As I previously said, most girls are going to expect you to make the first move and in your situation, you need to let your romantic intentions be known a little sooner. If you don't know if it's ok to make a move then ask her.

And it's not true that all guys are "ready to go". A lot of guys have standards and preferences or anxiety and will turn down women they don't like, or aren't comfortable with for some reason.

Mikelight
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2011, 1:21 am

justjelliot wrote:
Nearly all my life I've been a good friend. Such a good friend that girls wouldn't want to wreck that. For so long I thought I was so f**** up that I thought it would be selfish to bring a girl down to my level. I couldn't fix myself and become normal. Eventually I tried to off myself, and six months after that I got the Aspie diagnosis. Now I don't feel so terrible about myself, as I'm not to 'blame' for being so different.

All this goes to show that I have struggled with the ladies beyond being good friends. I have never been out with one girl more than six times, and never had a real girlfriend. I've only kissed a girl (sober) once, and that was last week, at 25. I've never had (sober) sex or anything more.

I used to go to my friends who were girls, and ask for step by step guidelines on how to make things work with girls. They implied that such a nice guy like me would know it when I saw it, would need to play it by ear, etc. I did that, and it never worked.

I found out years later with a few girls that if I had made a move or tried to 'get some' they would have happily provided. One in particular asked what was wrong with me years earlier. I didn't say this, but thought 'You never explicitly told me what I could or couldn't do.' I used to think the ideas of men taking the lead, making moves, etc, was a way that the church and men keep women down, and the liberated woman tells the man what's ok.

After all, guys have a button pretty much. We're always ready to go, we just need to know what is off limits, we'll take care of the rest.

Can anyone relate? Is there a rule book somewhere, or an online translator to know what girls mean when they don't explicitly say it?

Personally I form romantic relationships along the same lines that I form friendships. For me getting to know a woman in a friendship manner is the same as a dating manner. I have ended up in the friends zone a few times but I realized my mistakes over time.

Start off the relationship by making your goals clear. You are interested in dating and would like to get the know the woman better, whether that be through dating or hanging out / friendship activities that may lead to a romantic relationship.

Once you have her phone number and start hanging out, keep a flirtatious attitude. Sure you want to be friendly but you don't want her to forget that you're interested. If it becomes apparent that she is not interested in a romantic relationship then walk away. It isn't morally wrong to stop hanging out with a woman who is not interested in you.

Yes society has emasculated you. If you'd like to learn how to be a man you can start here: http://artofmanliness.com/