Nice guy syndrome(is a joke)

Page 3 of 6 [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:14 pm

NaomiDB wrote:
yeahh I hate "nicey nice" guys who act like they are innocent victims when infact they are patronising you are making snide remarks, some guys like that just act plain creepy, overly clingy, embarrass you, say offencive things in a sly way that makes it sound like they are not insulting you atall, yeah I like genuinly nice guys who don't suffocate me and respect me personal space but I have found the "flowers and chocolatte's" type just plain irritating, my ex was a virgin when I met him, then he drove me totally insain, i diddn't enjoy sex with him so I broke up with him, then he accused me of using him, It was like, wtttfff, It does not count as using if a woman doesn't act you for anything ever, pays back all the money you lend her and rejects the gifts you try to give her!
"nice" guys seem to use that as an excuse because they can't accept the fact that maybe shes not that into you :/

I feel that many including yourself have turned the concept of a "nice guy" into a similar way as to having a curvy body has changed. They both used to be very nice things to hear but are now used as a PC way of calling someone something negative. Yet for the few of us who do fit into the original classification now we either have to take a chance by using the original or try and find another way of classifying ourselves. Ive been told by many women the whole "id be all over you if i was single" story plenty of times. Which obviously a couple months later when they were single they forgot i existed even though they pretended to like me for so long.

Also, by making comments such as those you're making yourself sound like such an arrogant prick. you're not exactly making an example of yourself by saying you dumped him cause he sucked in bed :wink:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 4:19 pm

"You're such a nice guy" is femspeak for "You don't turn me on", just like "Let's just be friends" is femspeak for "I will greet you politely in public, but otherwise I want nothing to do with you".

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2012, 4:50 pm

MXH wrote:
NaomiDB wrote:
yeahh I hate "nicey nice" guys who act like they are innocent victims when infact they are patronising you are making snide remarks, some guys like that just act plain creepy, overly clingy, embarrass you, say offencive things in a sly way that makes it sound like they are not insulting you atall, yeah I like genuinly nice guys who don't suffocate me and respect me personal space but I have found the "flowers and chocolatte's" type just plain irritating, my ex was a virgin when I met him, then he drove me totally insain, i diddn't enjoy sex with him so I broke up with him, then he accused me of using him, It was like, wtttfff, It does not count as using if a woman doesn't act you for anything ever, pays back all the money you lend her and rejects the gifts you try to give her!
"nice" guys seem to use that as an excuse because they can't accept the fact that maybe shes not that into you :/

I feel that many including yourself have turned the concept of a "nice guy" into a similar way as to having a curvy body has changed. They both used to be very nice things to hear but are now used as a PC way of calling someone something negative. Yet for the few of us who do fit into the original classification now we either have to take a chance by using the original or try and find another way of classifying ourselves. Ive been told by many women the whole "id be all over you if i was single" story plenty of times. Which obviously a couple months later when they were single they forgot i existed even though they pretended to like me for so long.

Also, by making comments such as those you're making yourself sound like such an arrogant prick. you're not exactly making an example of yourself by saying you dumped him cause he sucked in bed :wink:

He wasn't bad In bed, I just wasn't attracted to him, so I didn't enjoy it. also, hated his personality, thought he was sweet at first I liked him agreed to give things ago then things just went really downhill from there, It wasn't because he was "bad in bed"
and I'm not talking about genuinely nice people I'm talking about nicey nice guys who are false and act the victim.
this is what I think when I think of the word nice guy..
this is what I imagine when I think nice guy pathetic creepy prick.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 5:00 pm

LOL perfect example.

And, I didn't know lex was a mod :| whoops. She has the powah.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

As I said earlier, I am a self-proclaimed bad boy.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 5:12 pm

NaomiDB wrote:
He wasn't bad In bed, I just wasn't attracted to him, so I didn't enjoy it. also, hated his personality, thought he was sweet at first I liked him agreed to give things ago then things just went really downhill from there, It wasn't because he was "bad in bed"
and I'm not talking about genuinely nice people I'm talking about nicey nice guys who are false and act the victim.

Well then next time before saying how every nice guy is a controlling abuser and going off on a small tirade stop and ask yourself wether you're talking aabout one man or every man.

"Women. They are a complete mystery."
-Stephen Hawkin

^thats a real quote btw
http://gizmodo.com/5873257/stephen-hawk ... te-mystery

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

I am outside of the spectrum of Alpha Male/Nice Guys. I share many traits with Alpha Males, but I lack social skills and I avoid stepping over people. Besides, I am sickeningly honest. My previous coworkers described me as "the most honest guy in the world", but I was also one of the rudest and less likely to submit to another person's will.

As I said, outside of the spectrum. 8)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 5:16 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
LOL perfect example.

And, I didn't know lex was a mod :| whoops. She has the powah.

naw it's fine, i was just jumping in to see if i could get a member to "out" his own sockpuppet troll. FOILED AGAIN.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 6:09 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
I am outside of the spectrum of Alpha Male/Nice Guys. I share many traits with Alpha Males, but I lack social skills and I avoid stepping over people. Besides, I am sickeningly honest. My previous coworkers described me as "the most honest guy in the world", but I was also one of the rudest and less likely to submit to another person's will.

As I said, outside of the spectrum. 8)

Yeah I know how that is. I tend to piss off women quite easily because they cannot figure me out so to speak. I don't b***h about being single, I don't make advances, and I totally ignore flirts. I have been described as the guy that is too into himself, yet the ones who I am really good friends with (as in will go out in public together with other friends and do stuff, invite to parties and such) realize that I have totally different priorities. They themselves refuse to label me as a nice guy though either. They also appreciate how I treat them as equals. I do not put them on a pedestal and prostrate myself before them. They don't get treated like princesses, I don't treat them like s**t either.

I pull the classic gentleman moves of hold the door open/treat them with respect. I treat them like I would anyone else (which means I keep to myself unless you are interesting, I will be extremely straightforward and honest that it may seem to someone witnessing the conversation from the outside that I am a complete as*hole but if you are actually communicating with me that I am caring enough to at least help you.)

Best way that you can visualize me is as Dean Winchester if he wasn't a womanizer.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Yeah I know how that is. I tend to piss off women quite easily because they cannot figure me out so to speak. I don't b***h about being single, I don't make advances, and I totally ignore flirts. I have been described as the guy that is too into himself, yet the ones who I am really good friends with (as in will go out in public together with other friends and do stuff, invite to parties and such) realize that I have totally different priorities. They themselves refuse to label me as a nice guy though either. They also appreciate how I treat them as equals. I do not put them on a pedestal and prostrate myself before them. They don't get treated like princesses, I don't treat them like sh** either. (...)

Exactly. I treat my female acquaintances the same way I treat men. I am very friendly around people I know, but I never really show any evidence of being interested in dating. In fact, outside of Wrong Planet, I never whine about my lack of social skills/love life (and I like to think I do not whine that much here, anyway).

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2012, 7:04 pm

MXH wrote:
NaomiDB wrote:

Well then next time before saying how every nice guy is a controlling abuser and going off on a small tirade stop and ask yourself wether you're talking aabout one man or every man.

"Women. They are a complete mystery."
-Stephen Hawkin

^thats a real quote btw
http://gizmodo.com/5873257/stephen-hawk ... te-mystery

I wasn't talking about every guys, your hearing what you want to hear and being defensive :roll:

NaomiDB
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2012, 7:08 pm

Magnus_Rex wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
Yeah I know how that is. I tend to piss off women quite easily because they cannot figure me out so to speak. I don't b***h about being single, I don't make advances, and I totally ignore flirts. I have been described as the guy that is too into himself, yet the ones who I am really good friends with (as in will go out in public together with other friends and do stuff, invite to parties and such) realize that I have totally different priorities. They themselves refuse to label me as a nice guy though either. They also appreciate how I treat them as equals. I do not put them on a pedestal and prostrate myself before them. They don't get treated like princesses, I don't treat them like sh** either. (...)

Exactly. I treat my female acquaintances the same way I treat men. I am very friendly around people I know, but I never really show any evidence of being interested in dating. In fact, outside of Wrong Planet, I never whine about my lack of social skills/love life (and I like to think I do not whine that much here, anyway).

I would like someone to treat me like a friend rather than treat me like a woman (like thats something from a different planet)
I think It's Ok to be a gentlemen when you do it in a respectful rather than a patronizing way.
I think I would be a little sad If I was really flirting and they just pretended like I hadn't said anything at all...
would feel quite rejected but I guess if you are not interested thats the way to go about it.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:10 pm

NaomiDB wrote:
I wasn't talking about every guys, your hearing what you want to hear and being defensive :roll:

NO HE ISN'T! *Gets all defensive*

JK. I think a majority of nice guys are creepers or afraid of losing the girl to the point they forget their actual feelings and stop running with them. Speaking from experience. I was young, and stupid :P

mv
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:24 pm

NaomiDB wrote:

Is this someone famous? He's stunningly gorgeous and I feel as though I should know who it is/be familiar with him.

[/amazingly out of the loop]

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2012, 7:33 pm

NaomiDB wrote:

ohh did I take this out of context then?
NaomiDB wrote:
yeahh I hate "nicey nice" guys who act like they are innocent victims when infact they are patronising you are making snide remarks, some guys like that just act plain creepy, overly clingy, embarrass you, say offencive things in a sly way that makes it sound like they are not insulting you atall

Cause yea that pretty much is calling out all "nice guys" as creeps and whatnot. And no, this is being defensive its being offensive. Im rather tired at all this crap being thrown around and nobody stepping up to stop the s**t slinging.

qwan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Jan 2012, 7:44 pm

The guys crying about suffering for being the 'nice guy' always strike me as insecure. I assume that is the real problem at heart.

I know I tend to attract the insecure 'nice guy' and they don't stay nice for long. They get clingy extremely quickly and usually end up possessive or sometimes even semi-stalking (I have been stalked 4 times, once by someone I don't know so I don't think he counts actually).
When someone is treating you like a Goddess it is actually kinda creepy. And comes across as desperate.
That pushes people, who like myself are independent and want to learn from others as well as teach, away, and makes them feel awkward.

And usually the guy they accuse of being the bad guys, I think they're just jealous of the guys general confidence. The guys I've had the 'nice guys' claim are bad and I should avoid are more confident and as a result just more interesting. They don't cling to you normally. Unless they fall too hard for you, then it's just embarrassing.

Of course this is generalised to those who used this stereotypical line as an excuse and pity party subject. I know some people are used because they're nice, people have tried to do the same to me. But I think self pitying is only suitable for a short period of time. Then analysis is required so one can avoid such a problem more in the future. *shrugs*

Last edited by qwan on 05 Jan 2012, 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.