Question about what men prefer

Page 3 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Trigas
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:43 pm

bumble wrote:
Do men prefer a very dim woman who just puts out?
Some might, me personally I do not. I prefer a woman that is intelligent.

Should I hide the fact that I am academically bright in order to find a partner for sex and going out on dates?
If people are intimidated by this, you're better off imo just finding someone who's not.

It just seems to me that the thicker you are more successful you are romantically so should I play dumb?
:scratch: Not sure I get this.

Also how do I dumb it down convincingly?
Idk it's your own choice at the end of the day but if you can't keep up the act of "playing dumb" for long it won't matter either way.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:43 pm

Tequila wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
I'm sure there are more... "interesting" things for us to... discuss, no? :P

Ask her if she would like to try your special white pudding. ;)

Incidentally, can you even get that in Canada? You can't get it much in England but it is gorgeous stuff.

i haven't tried it but it sounds divine.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:45 pm

hyperlexian wrote:

Do you have any good cafés/pubs with a properly Irish theme in Edmonton? You might be able to get one there. Ask about the white pudding, though - it should be slightly spicy.

Damn, I could kill for some tattie bread right now. ;)

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:52 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
there's lots of weird and scary people in real life too. i tried researching it once and it doesn't seem like meeting people online is any riskier than meeting them in real life. there are isolated cases of things going wrong from people meeting online but there are also isolated cases of things going wrong in meatspace. it depends a lot on the safety precautions that a person takes.

Well that's obvious to anyone with actual commonsense. There's a lot of scaremongering about people online, but people online are people, the same people you see walking down the street. Some people are f**king nutters regardless of where you happen to meet them.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:56 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Well that's obvious to anyone with actual commonsense. There's a lot of scaremongering about people online, but people online are people, the same people you see walking down the street. Some people are f**king nutters regardless of where you happen to meet them.

Yes, but there's perhaps less scope for checking them out online as opposed to in real life.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 5:57 pm

Tequila wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

Do you have any good cafés/pubs with a properly Irish theme in Edmonton? You might be able to get one there. Ask about the white pudding, though - it should be slightly spicy.

Damn, I could kill for some tattie bread right now. ;)

mmmm some have a marginally irish theme but nothing very authentic.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 6:05 pm

According to an Australian survey I've read some years ago, the higher a woman's education, the more likely it is for her to reach climax during intercourse. Could not find the survey itself, but a report about it:

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20 ... sm_061004/

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 6:47 pm

Tequila wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Incidentally, can you even get that in Canada? You can't get it much in England but it is gorgeous stuff.

That would be a proposition highly inappropriate to a man of my gentlemanly ways

And yes, we do have semen in Canada. I guess the shortage in England explains the inbreeding of your royals, no?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

08 Jan 2012, 6:58 pm

Tequila wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Yes, but there's perhaps less scope for checking them out online as opposed to in real life.

You can run background checks of them online. My 2nd girlfriend's dad ran one on me before he agreed to let us meet up. I've seen lots of stories on Unsolved Mysteries of couples who meet offline & one of them has a secret double life :twisted:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 7:32 pm

Rodland wrote:
I once had a dating profile on which I tried to find a girl who would like to have a two person reading circle with me (proposed topics included the philosophy of science, transhumanism, economics, evolutionary psychology, methodology of social sciences...)

Naturally, I did not get any answers.

Wonder if it had worked better if I had included continental philosophy (that is what women prefer? at least sometimes I feel so) in proposed topics.

Nothing wrong with those topics.

As I am a geo sciences student though, and have an interest in palaeontology, geology, evolution and psychology etc, I would say that lol

You try finding dates who want to go rock collecting or head out on a fossil hunt!

I also used to study the social sciences lol

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 7:38 pm

If anyone is interested... How to find out if someone you meet online is who they say they are:

1) Talk to them on the phone, if they don't give you their number, this could be suspicious, and you can judge their voice if you call each other.
2) Use Skype/MSN/some other webcam chat system, but make sure it's a system where you have a live audio conversation as well as the video else the image you see could be a gif which isn't actually them.
3) If you have any photos, do a reverse image search on Google Images and TinEye. If you get results under different names or on strange sites then the picture could not really be of the person you're talking to.
4) Just trust your instinct.

That's not completely full-proof but it's damn well close enough, and probably seeping into the area of paranoia, but hey, it works.

Another thing is don't hand out personal information until you've met someone IRL, but that should be commonsense anyway.

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 7:42 pm

Tequila wrote:
NaomiDB wrote:
ooooh who lives in norwich?
I'm shopping there tomorrow! :P

I take the jibes about them being inbred are very untrue then? ;)

I don't know about the young lady doing the shopping but I never originated from Norwich and come from Irish, Welsh and English stock, meaning I am more cross bred than inbred lol

CrinklyCrustacean
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

That would be a proposition highly inappropriate to a man of my gentlemanly ways

And yes, we do have semen in Canada. I guess the shortage in England explains the inbreeding of your royals, no?

It's a type of food, not a euphamism for semen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_pudding

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:37 pm

CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Yes, I know :)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 10:39 pm

Vigilans wrote:
CrinklyCrustacean wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
Tequila wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

Yes, I know :)

;)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2012, 11:48 pm

bumble wrote:
Do men prefer a very dim woman who just puts out?

Not really. They're fun, of course, but they don't seem to have much else to inspire me to stick around.

bumble wrote:
Should I hid the fact that I am academically bright in order to find a partner for sex and going out on dates?

If that's all you want, then why not? But you may eventually want a man who appreciates you.

bumble wrote:
It just seems to me that the thicker you are more successful you are romantically so should I play dumb?

That's called manipulation - playing up to a man's ego to get what you want.

bumble wrote:
Also how do I dumb it down convincingly?

Laugh at everything a man says, agree with everything he says, and let him do whatever he wants to do to you and pretend to like it.

I can't think of anything dumber.