Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 1:25 pm

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

Then I think this attitude is particular to me, in a basic way. I ought to rehash and reevaluate. I'm not meaning to sound absolute or unilateral - I am expressing for the first time what I think about sex in words. I understand aspies (yes, I am one too) have odd attitudes regarding sexual behavior - and I gather even I am outside of that already isolated norm. I was curious what others thought. Thanks for your input.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:37 pm

abyssquick wrote:
I don't see sex and emotions as separate. I think this break is recent phenomenon - a fracture that did not always exist. And I think it is unhealthy for the mind.

I think these things because generally I do not find a person attractive sexually unless I connect with them intellectually, and have lots of things in common. I won't feel compelled to sleep with them until I've known them for some time and feel that impelling pull to do so - and only if they feel it too. Sex, for me, involves a level of trust and depth of connection. I am in fact repelled by the thought of sex being anything less.

It's not a physical activity one does just for pleasure, it's an expression. There are few things in this world of real meaning which you can share with another person to show one's depth of care. I see one's sexual habits as a reflection of their level of self-respect. It's a "spiritual" thing for me, which I will not share without a connection. That's because of what it is tied to. You are as much defined by what you do, as by what you don't do. I see society right now as full of irresponsible, desensitizing, and fragmenting habits surrounding sex.

I mostly resent being considered sexually 'immature' due to this attitude I have, one which naturally results in less experience - it seems everyone around me has had more sexual experiences than I, and with more people - but I feel no desire to be this way.

So long as you dont try and make everyone behave as you think things should be its ok to have opinions

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 3:47 pm

Nonsense to sum but fun to me :lol:

AussieMatty
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2012, 6:51 pm

I'm jealous of you guys. It sounds fun thing to me but I'm not good having some sort of situations like that especially with people. I suck at communicating and stuff with girls. They think I am sexual pervert or an idiot. I have never asked for FWB at all.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:06 pm

I dont mind it because you have little regret and not emotional attachment and you still are friends afterwards, however there is not really much emotional fulfillment out of it either because it is not true love. It is a double edged sword on that. Sure youl be physically satisfied but inside you are longing for more comfort etc.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AScomposer13413
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:29 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
I dont mind it because you have little regret and not emotional attachment and you still are friends afterwards, however there is not really much emotional fulfillment out of it either because it is not true love. It is a double edged sword on that. Sure youl be physically satisfied but inside you are longing for more comfort etc.

I personally wouldn't recommend a relationship like that because of the part in bold, but to each their own.

Kjas
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 7:40 pm

I don't really have a view of it overall, no theories or anything.

On a personal level, a guy even suggesting friends with benefits is the quickest way for me to terminate the friendship. It's basically saying to me "I want to have sex with you, but I don't care enough about you as a person or respect you enough to be your boyfriend."

It doesn't make sense to me to behave as if you were in a relationship but not have any of the rights, privileges or responsibilities of one (except sex). If you're going to make one exception then you should at least one one exception of each parties choosing.

I have also seen too many of these kinds of things blow up as soon as the girl or guy sleeps with someone else. More than once I have watched a guy set up a situation like this, but as soon as the girl sleeps with another guy, he loses it. They set up up so they can benefit but as soon as they think they have ended up with the "losing" side of the equation, they want out quick. What they think they can handle and what they can actually handle tend to be two different things.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 8:06 pm

It can be annoying having a friend with benifits when they get close to you on a emotial level.

Zinnel
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Mar 2012, 11:04 pm

this isn't a new phenomenon, the greeks did it, the romans did it

feudal japan did it

this isn't really new its just more apparent because we have the internet to hear and see about all this stuff.

is it wrong.....no
Is it smart.....no for alot of people who try it, it back fires

and for those who it doesn't backfire on it, they tend to already have unhealthy emotional problems
so adding more unhealthyness to their emotional state doesn't realy change much

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

24 Mar 2012, 11:16 pm

I've never really equated sex with emotions. I know that sounds wierd. I know that people do use sex to express emotions, but I've always only experienced it purely as physical. That's not to say I don't give it the weight it deserves in a relationship. I do, and when I've been cheated on its a horrible betrayal, but I could have sex with somebody and feel absolutely nothing for them at all.

That attitude would be perfect for me if I were a hooker, wouldn't it? The thing about that is, I'd have to care about someone's feelings enough to fake it with them, so I wouldn't be a very good hooker either. Probably an unemployed hooker, because while sex itself with people I don't know or care about (in this scenario there are no STD's unlike in real life) wouldn't bother me at all, nobody wants to pay a hooker who doesn't seem to be enjoying herself.

I've never felt the whole "sex is the deepest expression of love there is" idea. I know I'm supposed to feel it, but I don't. I love my husband, I've been married to him for 25 years, but the sex is physical to me. It doesn't have anything to do with how much I love him. I wish I could feel something emotional about sex, but I just don't.

I'd probably be perfect for the "friends with benefits" relationship if I were still single.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

AussieMatty
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 2:21 am

Why you guys and girls do it? How those situations tend to happen? Isn't like hey 'wanna have fun?' sort of situation, because I thought it offend someone by asking to have sex with.

I'm 21, still a virgin and not experienced at anything, and final year of uni this year situation gives me a bit of shock of not experiencing FWB relationships yet. Wonder why this not happening to me? Of course I have been to places, but opportunities is really bad where that no one is really giving me some time.

I find most Australian girls are bit judgemental and slick to me, I have no idea how their attitude goes like that, even compared to British and Americans....

ZX_SpectrumDisorder
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 4:21 am

Booze usually plays a large part.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 5:40 am

Unqualified, bald-faced categorical syllogisms are HILARIOUS. :D

It's actually only recently that emotions, or at least a concept of "love" (whatever that is) has come to be associated with the act.
What do you think the majority of human evolutionary history has been?
Screwing and f*cking and rape and then some more screwing.
That's Darwin, baby.

to his Interest."

Last edited by ValentineWiggin on 25 Mar 2012, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

AussieMatty
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Mar 2012, 5:48 am

To me sex I found it as a physical fun! Exercising and the feeling in your genitalia!

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2012, 5:48 am

ROFL!! ! ^

to his Interest."