08 May 2012, 5:58 am

Business attire
Smart casual
Police or military uniform

J4mes
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

08 May 2012, 7:25 am

I've always liked the 40s/50s/burlesque look on women. I saw a very attractive girl on the tube dressed like that a while back, gloves and all... I very nearly swooned!

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 8:57 am

DogOfJudah wrote:
I meant you really need the right body/figure special ^_^

Fat person + skirt = shuttlecock

If I wore this thing people would not quit laughting at me :(

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 11:56 am

mv wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
mv wrote:
For men whose build I consider attractive, a wifebeater T. Sorry, I don't know the proper name for them. It's a nice showcase for shoulders and collarbones.

This?

Yes, though that one is particularly feminine-looking (something wrong with the shoulders of the shirt).

The problem is, in my opinion, very very few men who wears those shirts have the body for it, and they look AWFUL, in my opinion, on anything but a superlative body, nothing soft or flabby. Just as I shouldn't wear a bikini in public (given my age and weight), most men should NOT be wearing sleeveless tanks. IMHO. And ... pretty much all the women I know in real life are on the same page, but I am part of the older, married set so allow for generational differences here.

I like my men in a well fitting, nicely tailored ensemble. Style less important than good fit and maintenance.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 12:04 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:
The problem is, in my opinion, very very few men who wears those shirts have the body for it, and they look AWFUL, in my opinion, on anything but a superlative body, nothing soft or flabby. Just as I shouldn't wear a bikini in public (given my age and weight), most men should NOT be wearing sleeveless tanks. IMHO. And ... pretty much all the women I know in real life are on the same page, but I am part of the older, married set so allow for generational differences here.

I like my men in a well fitting, nicely tailored ensemble. Style less important than good fit and maintenance.

Agreed on the T-shirt, though I can "stomach" :wink: a little softness in the middle. If a man has nice, developed shoulders, I like to see them. I like very broad-shouldered men, too, so that could be part of it. I'm hopelessly cliché!

I find myself (embarrassedly) checking out non-age-appropriate men all the time. (I'm 44.) I hope I do so in an unobtrusive and respectful way.

As for what I prefer a partner to wear? I have no preferences, I'd want him to be comfortable and to wear situation- and bodyshape-appropriate clothing.

Oh, and props for whoever mentioned kilts! Very nice on men with nice lower bods.

And now I feel gross, like I'm talking about cuts of meat... :roll:

DogOfJudah
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2012, 12:43 pm

Chummy wrote:
DogOfJudah wrote:
I meant you really need the right body/figure special ^_^

Fat person + skirt = shuttlecock

If I wore this thing people would not quit laughting at me :(

Ditto :(

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2012, 12:44 pm

metaldanielle wrote:
I totally dig the kilt! I usually like guys with a rocker look. Leather Jackets, form-fitting tees and jeans, and canvas shoes or leather boots. Jewelry is also cool, just not gold chains. I also like a guy dressed up. I guess that's kind of a contradiction as far as style goes. Also, No Mandals!

<----Hybrid gamer/rocker look, with some redneck thrown in. No way in hell would I be caught dead in any kind of tank top, though. I'll leave that to women and bodybuilders.

Amen on sandals. The only men who can get away with sandals: Gay guys and surfers. I'm neither of those. I'll wear black leather boots to the beach in 100-degree weather no problem. Unless you're gay and you get pedicures, the last thing I want to see is your nasty-ass Hobbit feet! We're not in Middle-earth! Surfers? They at least have the excuse of practicality--I know I wouldn't want to get my socks all soaking wet!

LuckyKayla
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2012, 3:00 pm

I really like a good t-shirt on someone. And Combat boots.

I found out from Hetalia that I think a guy with great hair (read: no buzz cuts!) looks FANTASTIC in Pre-Vietnam War Military dress clothes of any nation. Rawr.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 3:42 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
NeueZiel wrote:
Scarves, mittens, silk t.shirts, hoodies!!

On the more intimate side: 100% cotton panties, cotton socks. I HATE lacey lingerie and stuff that's typically sexy to the masses.

how old are you and what age group do you go after?

glad I'm not the only one with that question

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 3:43 pm

I like men in geeky tshirts, a zip up jumper or hoody, normal semi baggy mens jeans and converse.

I like women to wear the same. 8)

So I'm never in a rush

Weiss_Yohji
Toucan
Toucan

08 May 2012, 5:19 pm

Solvejg wrote:
I like men in geeky tshirts, a zip up jumper or hoody, normal semi baggy mens jeans and converse.

Jumpers =/= men's wear. We don't wear dresses unless we're drag queens, gay, trans, or Scottish (At least they have kilts).

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 6:06 pm

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Solvejg wrote:

Jumpers =/= men's wear. We don't wear dresses unless we're drag queens, gay, trans, or Scottish (At least they have kilts).

i am confused

So I'm never in a rush

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 6:12 pm

I don't know why, but I would find it very attractive if someone wore nothing but postage stamps. Enough postage stamps to be fully clothed. I know it's not very practical, but I can always dream.

soutthpaw
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 May 2012, 6:15 pm

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Solvejg wrote:

Jumper is the same as a Sweater in the UK and probably other countries. depends where the OP is from.. Thought a Cardigan is a zip up sweater if I remember correctly

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2012, 6:17 pm

Weiss_Yohji wrote:
Solvejg wrote:

These aren't women's clothes, they're my clothes, I bought them.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.