I hope I didn't miss an opportunity

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

anneya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2013, 8:00 pm

You asked her a question to which she can answer yes or no. There is a 50/50 chance pretty much as you don't know her well enough to think of other odds. Its illogical to ask a question and not look at the answer in case its not the answer you hoped for. While I can relate to you not wanting to look at it, because of the horrid feelings that come with rejection, I would still advise youu to check the messgae. If its a yes, then woo hoo and have a nice time. If its a no, then she is not right for you. Think of it as her loss for not recognising a person who regards her highly and focus your attention and affection on someone who may be more appreciative and worthy of it.

If someone rejects you, the fault does not necessarily lie with you or them even. Its just not a match. It may not be possible to analyse why. Please don't feel too down if its a no. Its not embarrassing at all- only if you behave embarrassed. You tried and not many people would even do that.

If she says no thank you then just send her a message like "Ah well, no worries. Enjoy your holidays, you only live once! ;) ". . If I got a reply like that I would think the guy is cool. People only know you are shy/embarrassed/nervous if you act that way.

Disraeli
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 May 2013, 9:18 pm

So, she said "thanks for the offer but I am very busy." I knew it. Don't know why I even bothered.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 6:27 am

Disraeli wrote:
So, she said "thanks for the offer but I am very busy." I knew it. Don't know why I even bothered.

Hey, I've been rejected before too, and I know how it feels. She is actually letting you off pretty nicely from what I can tell. You just gotta keep on looking as the days go by. Keep your head up, and don't drag your tail between your legs, you've got to have that "I know what I'm looking for, and I'm not going to be put off by rejection" kind of attitude, ok? Most guys wouldn't even ask the question you did, so reply back have a nice summer, and keep on trucking! :thumright:

anneya
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 May 2013, 7:19 am

OK so close that chapter and move on. I am still very impressed that you kept the communication going with her despite your doubts. I recommend you don't underestimate that attribute of yours. Keep your heart open and focus on the positive. Its the only way forward otherwise you reduce your chance of success. Plenty of birds in the trees. We are not all the same :)

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2013, 8:31 am

Saying hi and smiling could just be a person who is friendly to everybody.

Taking your fries to eat is flirty. But some people are flirty with everybody.

She might not have done more, like invite you to her party, for a few reasons. It could be family only. It could be for friends she's known a long time, only. Or she could have decided you are not interested in her since you haven't asked her out.

One way to find out would be to text her if she would like to have coffee (tea, lunch) sometime.

Should be pretty clear after that. If she says no, then she's just flirty and friendly.

ETA: Sorry I hadn't seen the update before posting. But, maybe my reply will help someone in a similar situation.