Are short haired girls attractive?

Page 3 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What do you think of short haired girls?
Attractive 68%  68%  [ 46 ]
Unattractive 32%  32%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 68

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:06 pm

nessa238 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Reigh wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
It depends on how obsessed with gender stereotypes the man is

If he needs the woman to look sufficiently like a woman, as signified by a 'feminine' hair style, then he's going to always prefer
long hair

He'd probably have major problems if his partner ever had to have chemotherapty though as it would be too much of an imposition on his 'masculinity'

and as for a mastectomy - that would probably see him leave

I asked out of curiosity and while your answers won't effect my not growing it back out, I asked to hear other people's opinions because I cut about 10 or 11 inches off of my hair about a year ago. The response from most friends and family was very positive even though they said that my long hair was very beautiful and they would miss it. My father and stepmother however reacted rather negatively. Much like nessa238 described, they are very obsessed with gender stereotypes and said some rather mean things to me because I cut it so short.

In my experience both men and women seem to prefer women to have longer hair and there seems to be this ridiculous idea amongst the stupidest people that you could even be a lesbian if your hair is short :roll:

I don't think it's the short hair = lesbian thing, but I think it's a particular style of hair, clothing, and look put altogether that cause that assumption. Of course it's not always correct. It's not always correct that the girl with the long wavy hair and makeup and gorgeous dress and killer heels is straight either. That doesn't mean that none are.

One of the kids friends is in her early 20's and moved in with her gf recently. They have been together a while and are happy. They are both women and the girl that we have known for years has cultivated the stereotypical "lesbian" look. Her hair is in a buzz cut, she doesn't wear makeup (except she did when she took a date to the prom - just base and powder and lip gloss though, she wore a tux) she dresses in guy's clothes and has masculine mannerisms. That's just her preference. Her girlfriend is very feminine, has long hair with a perm, dresses in feminine type clothes and wears makeup and jewelry. That's just her preference. They are both women and there is nothing wrong with either of them dressing how they want to.

Oh, btw, the girl in that relationship who we have known a long time, she prefers her girlfriends hair long. She even posted about it on FB when the gf wanted to get it cut. Uh oh! So now what?

This follows my argument too ie the female in this lesbian couple who has the masculine haircut and image wants her girlfriend to have the feminine image ie the long hair

And so she would probably leave if her gf had to have a mastectomy?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:19 pm

Rule #1 - always assume the very, very worst of "them".

:roll:

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:23 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Reigh wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

If he needs the woman to look sufficiently like a woman, as signified by a 'feminine' hair style, then he's going to always prefer
long hair

He'd probably have major problems if his partner ever had to have chemotherapty though as it would be too much of an imposition on his 'masculinity'

I asked out of curiosity and while your answers won't effect my not growing it back out, I asked to hear other people's opinions because I cut about 10 or 11 inches off of my hair about a year ago. The response from most friends and family was very positive even though they said that my long hair was very beautiful and they would miss it. My father and stepmother however reacted rather negatively. Much like nessa238 described, they are very obsessed with gender stereotypes and said some rather mean things to me because I cut it so short.

In my experience both men and women seem to prefer women to have longer hair and there seems to be this ridiculous idea amongst the stupidest people that you could even be a lesbian if your hair is short :roll:

I don't think it's the short hair = lesbian thing, but I think it's a particular style of hair, clothing, and look put altogether that cause that assumption. Of course it's not always correct. It's not always correct that the girl with the long wavy hair and makeup and gorgeous dress and killer heels is straight either. That doesn't mean that none are.

One of the kids friends is in her early 20's and moved in with her gf recently. They have been together a while and are happy. They are both women and the girl that we have known for years has cultivated the stereotypical "lesbian" look. Her hair is in a buzz cut, she doesn't wear makeup (except she did when she took a date to the prom - just base and powder and lip gloss though, she wore a tux) she dresses in guy's clothes and has masculine mannerisms. That's just her preference. Her girlfriend is very feminine, has long hair with a perm, dresses in feminine type clothes and wears makeup and jewelry. That's just her preference. They are both women and there is nothing wrong with either of them dressing how they want to.

Oh, btw, the girl in that relationship who we have known a long time, she prefers her girlfriends hair long. She even posted about it on FB when the gf wanted to get it cut. Uh oh! So now what?

This follows my argument too ie the female in this lesbian couple who has the masculine haircut and image wants her girlfriend to have the feminine image ie the long hair

I don't know, I don't know her

I was making the observation that when a person is obsessed with their partner looking the part in terms of being stereotypical of their gender, they often don't deal well with it if the person gets ill/changes in some way and looks less feminine/masculine
People often go off their partners when they put weight on for example.

nessa238
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 1:25 pm

BlueMax wrote:

If you're not that kind of person, why worry about it?

Some are though

I wasn't saying ALL men do this; just some

Plenty of men leave their partners when they become pregnant so I can't see them coping well with cancer!

Reigh
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2013, 1:47 pm

JanuaryMan wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

long hair

I don't see how having short hair is any less feminine. Women have been rocking short hairdos for a LONG time this side of the middle ages.
There was no mistaking Twiggy, Marilyn Monroe or Madonna for men.

It's interesting to see a near even divide on what is attractive, though, which is the actual question of the thread. Different strokes for different folks? We all have our preferences, and there are a lot of people that have a preference for short hair as well as long. Nothing to lose your hair over I guess.

Oh, and OP's hair is pretty :)

Thank you :)

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 2:13 pm

nessa238 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
OliveOilMom wrote:
nessa238 wrote:
Reigh wrote:
nessa238 wrote:

long hair

I don't know, I don't know her

I was making the observation that when a person is obsessed with their partner looking the part in terms of being stereotypical of their gender, they often don't deal well with it if the person gets ill/changes in some way and looks less feminine/masculine
People often go off their partners when they put weight on for example.

Well, you pretty much said it about the guy who likes long hair. It's in the quotes. Why would a mastectomy pretty much see him leave. Also the chemo thing. Do you know that guy? If not, why can you say that about him but not about this girl? Now, I know for a fact she wouldn't do that. That's not the kind of girl she is. But, if the logical progression of preferring long hair came to that end with a man, why does it not come to that end with a woman?

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 2:14 pm

In my OPINION, short hair only looks good on women with very delicate faces and bone structure. None of the the three women in that pic with Emma Watson have faces suited for short hair. To me, only a very small number of women can pull it off.

Since when did long hair look bad on older women? I don't agree with that.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 2:30 pm

Hard to give a black/white answer to this question. Few girls look good with short hair; to look good with short hair, a girl needs to have petite facial features, large eyes, a long neck, high cheekbones, perfect skin, an oval face and various other God given assets. Most girls do not look like a young Halle Berry with short hair, but instead look like they don't give a damn about their appearance.

darktemplar05
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

07 May 2013, 2:50 pm

here are only a handful of women that can have short hair and still be hot:

-halle berry
-nia long
-julie andrews (young)
-shanelle cooper skyes

other than them, no short hair for me

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 3:05 pm

nessa238 wrote:
BlueMax wrote:

If you're not that kind of person, why worry about it?

Some are though

I wasn't saying ALL men do this; just some

Plenty of men leave their partners when they become pregnant so I can't see them coping well with cancer!

You forget the difference in plenty, them (men in general), and just some. Usually people think all these are different.
Personally, I find the men who leave when there partners become pregnant a damn shame. I wouldn't care if she lost and arm & a leg, got her face burnt, survived breast cancer, and was extremely shy except around me, although anyone responsible for these things happening to her would die...

Chrisicus
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 May 2013, 7:00 pm

Depends on the girl, but anything as short/shorter then a "pixie" look is ridiculous and looks stupid on all girls.

Taybot97
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 May 2013, 7:07 pm

I've met short haired girls who I thought were actractive and those I thought werent. It's no different in concept from long haired girls. The hairs are different lengths but it doesn't change that some are and some aren't actractive.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 7:17 pm

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 8:03 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:

Why is she hitting him?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 8:08 pm

a. Short-haired girls can be attractive.
b. Long-haired girls can be attractive.
: : Girls can be attractive.

It is not just the length of a girl's hair that makes her attractive. It is also her attitude, her weight, her intellect, her height, her overall health, her fashion sense, and how her body is proportioned.

Hair length is only one aspect of a woman's attractiveness.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2013, 11:17 pm

On some girls it is.Not me,I'll keep mine long.I looked like a peasant with it short.Never again.A short peasant with short hair.Pat Benatar looked good,I did not.