Interracial Dating and double standards

Page 3 of 21 [ 324 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next

Ladywoofwoof
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 2:25 pm

My gosh 8O it sounds like you had a lucky escape, to be turned down for a date by such outspokenly critical and racist women.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:11 pm

Uprising wrote:
Fnord wrote:
This is kind of a sidebar issue.

Before I met my wife, I tried "dating" the single and available Caucasian women around me. They all turned me down. After I met my wife, and it became generally known that we were dating, the very same Caucasian women seemed unhappy about it.

Where I worked at the time, there were several racks of comm equipment along one wall. My job was to make periodic checks on the equipment, and the access points were behind the racks. One day I was behind the racks, doing my job, when a few of the women gathered up front (apparently, they didn't know I was there). Almost immediately, they started talking about my girlfriend (future wife) and I. They said things like: "I really hate those Asian girls - coming to our country and stealing our jobs and our men ..." and "What is it with Fnord? Why does he have to date one of those <bleeping> Asian girls when there are plenty of us white girls to ask out?" and "Stupid men and those <bleeping> <racist epithets>, anyway ...".

They didn't want this white guy, yet they complained when this white guy started dating an Asian girl. What the fork? :wink:

I can actually understand why they said that, but that doesn't mean I support their opinion or them themselves personally.

Okay. Why did they say that? Do they really not want the men they despise and reject to be happy?

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

04 Aug 2013, 3:14 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Before I met my wife, I tried "dating" the single and available Caucasian women around me. They all turned me down. After I met my wife, and it became generally known that we were dating, the very same Caucasian women seemed unhappy about it.

Where I worked at the time, there were several racks of comm equipment along one wall. My job was to make periodic checks on the equipment, and the access points were behind the racks. One day I was behind the racks, doing my job, when a few of the women gathered up front (apparently, they didn't know I was there). Almost immediately, they started talking about my girlfriend (future wife) and I. They said things like: "I really hate those Asian girls - coming to our country and stealing our jobs and our men ..." and "What is it with Fnord? Why does he have to date one of those <bleeping> Asian girls when there are plenty of us white girls to ask out?" and "Stupid men and those <bleeping> <racist epithets>, anyway ...".

They didn't want this white guy, yet they complained when this white guy started dating an Asian girl. What the fork? :wink:

I can actually understand why they said that, but that doesn't mean I support their opinion or them themselves personally.

Okay. Why did they say that? Do they really not want the men they despise and reject to be happy?

It's the same concept that was behind southern white men lynching black men who were rumored to have had sexual relations with white women.

White people are f*****g stupid.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:19 pm

When I see a White chick with a Black dude, I'm happy for both of them.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:26 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
Then, there's this website geared towards white men seeking Asian women:

Quote:
[T]here are millions of feminine, sweet, caring, lovely, approachable, down-to-earth women all over the world who see YOU as GOLD and will treat YOU right!

http://www.happierabroad.com/

The site then goes on to bash "feminists" as loud, crass, dominant, and out of shape. Translation: Western/white women are not "feminine" enough.

That particular site is geared towards Western men seeking non-Western (including particularly Asian, South American, and Eastern European) women--not specifically Asian women, although Asian ladies are prominently featured. But, the site is more about escaping Western civilization and finding happiness abroad--and, of course, the local ladies do figure significantly into the equation.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 3:32 pm

Perhaps I should mention (or maybe I shouldn't) that when I see an Asian chick with a White dude, my usual reaction is "Wow. She is GORGEOUS!"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 4:50 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Okay. Why did they say that?

Yes, WHY?

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 5:07 pm

Fnord wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Yes, WHY?

Yes, enlighten us!

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 5:58 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Perhaps I should mention (or maybe I shouldn't) that when I see an Asian chick with a White dude, my usual reaction is "Wow. She is GORGEOUS!"

Really? I see plenty of mediocre looking Asian girls dating white boys.

IlovemyAspie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 6:16 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Is she gorgeous because she's with the white dude???? Do only gorgeous Asians get with white dudes????

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

04 Aug 2013, 6:18 pm

Cafeaulait wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

Me too. A lot of Asian women in their home cultures have a propensity to starve themselves and avoid the sun. So unattractive!

The modern ones who eat normally, work our, and go I the sun can be good though.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yes, WHY?
Yes, enlighten us!

At the risk of being convicted of sexism, I've mulled over my own theory this afternoon.

It isn't really racism at work: the ladies would have reacted the same way if Fnord had suddenly brought home a lovely and gorgeous Ukrainian wife, or even some Hollywood starlet.

Women in America (and possibly elsewhere to varying extents) tend to be ruthlessly competitive and excruciatingly status-conscious.

These particular ladies regarded (and still regard) Fnord as being below them socially. They felt that Fnord's solution should have been either to get himself a similarly-low status White woman, or to spend the rest of his life feeling sorry for himself for not being good enough.

Now, with a lovely Filipina, Fnord has sidestepped their social expectations, their hierarchy, and smashed their social superiority. Their expressed hatred of Asian girls, for "stealing" men that they didn't want in the first place, is merely a futile attempt to defend and reassert their social superiority.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" is as true today as it was when the phrase was coined and when people actually believed in the existence of a literal Hell.

Also, it really annoys these ladies that Fnord has rejected their social expectations for him, and that he truly has no reason to feel bothered by their looking down on him and considering him to be an inferior specimen.

Last edited by ArrantPariah on 04 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 7:09 pm

IlovemyAspie wrote:
Cafeaulait wrote:
ArrantPariah wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. Is she gorgeous because she's with the white dude???? Do only gorgeous Asians get with white dudes????

Oh, most of them look mighty fine to me. :wink:

À chacun son goût.

lost561
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 7:44 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Tyri0n wrote:
Then, there's this website geared towards white men seeking Asian women:

Quote:
[T]here are millions of feminine, sweet, caring, lovely, approachable, down-to-earth women all over the world who see YOU as GOLD and will treat YOU right!

http://www.happierabroad.com/

The site then goes on to bash "feminists" as loud, crass, dominant, and out of shape. Translation: Western/white women are not "feminine" enough.

That particular site is geared towards Western men seeking non-Western (including particularly Asian, South American, and Eastern European) women--not specifically Asian women, although Asian ladies are prominently featured. But, the site is more about escaping Western civilization and finding happiness abroad--and, of course, the local ladies do figure significantly into the equation.

I already knew this, but after reading/ going to that website tyrion posted it is soo true that love and dating sucks in America for 90% of the men. I like foreign women too, I'm now planning out my career to where I'll be able to travel abroad now thanks to that website.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 8:01 pm

lost561 wrote:
I already knew this, but after reading/ going to that website tyrion posted it is soo true that love and dating sucks in America for 90% of the men. I like foreign women too, I'm now planning out my career to where I'll be able to travel abroad now thanks to that website.

Enjoy!

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2013, 8:18 pm

Tyri0n wrote:
It's the same concept that was behind southern white men lynching black men who were rumored to have had sexual relations with white women.

White people are f***ing stupid.

Well, except for the racists, I think that if the situation involved a White woman who had no chance of mating with a local White man (for whatever reason--perceived low social status, morbid obesity, mental retardation, or whatever), and if this White woman found love and happiness with a non-White man, then most White men would simply say "good for her!" They wouldn't feel at all threatened, wouldn't ask "why are these so-and-sos taking all of our women?", and really wouldn't want her either to hold out for a White man of similar status or to stay alone and feel bad about herself, just so that the White men could continue feeling superior. If they don't want her, they don't want her, and that's all there is to it.