Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 5:21 am

Kinme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
Social awkward on a forum of social awkwards judges a guy for a terrible compliment and being socially awkward. Love it!

Seriously though? I get the feeling he was trying to be nice to you but unwittingly insulted a lot of people as well as demonstrated a bit of misogyny. Probably best you not experiment with getting a 2nd message from him unless you find his profile enticing. Mind you I don't know why I'm saying that as it was a rhetorical question you asked and you've already come to a decision.

I don't think he is socially awkward at all. I would know from his profile if he was. He has a good job, average looking (not overweight), and tall. And remember, he said he dated a lot of blond American women.

And this was actually in a second message.
The first one said;
"If there's one thing I've learned from online dating it is to NEVER tell an Asian woman that I am attracted to Asian women."
(he said more but it's irrelevant)

So I replied asking what's the attraction of Asian women, if it's because we seem more submissive, and told him that I'm fairly Americanized and could be really bitchy.

He also said he lives by a university and "it's like an international beauty pageant there".
Just gave me an overall creepy feeling.

Was the "international beauty pageant" thing a joke? I really don't understand what he meant by that. Does he mean to say the women are all beautiful, or that they're fake? I'm lost. Interesting dude.

Are you alright Kinme? Are you ill?

You didn't mention banana thong.

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. Would you mind if I wore you on my head like a banana thong, Boo? I wonder if I will be reported a third time to mods for posting about bananas and thongs.

I am getting unpleasant naughty visuals.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 5:43 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kinme wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Kinme wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:
Social awkward on a forum of social awkwards judges a guy for a terrible compliment and being socially awkward. Love it!

Seriously though? I get the feeling he was trying to be nice to you but unwittingly insulted a lot of people as well as demonstrated a bit of misogyny. Probably best you not experiment with getting a 2nd message from him unless you find his profile enticing. Mind you I don't know why I'm saying that as it was a rhetorical question you asked and you've already come to a decision.

I don't think he is socially awkward at all. I would know from his profile if he was. He has a good job, average looking (not overweight), and tall. And remember, he said he dated a lot of blond American women.

And this was actually in a second message.
The first one said;
"If there's one thing I've learned from online dating it is to NEVER tell an Asian woman that I am attracted to Asian women."
(he said more but it's irrelevant)

So I replied asking what's the attraction of Asian women, if it's because we seem more submissive, and told him that I'm fairly Americanized and could be really bitchy.

He also said he lives by a university and "it's like an international beauty pageant there".
Just gave me an overall creepy feeling.

Was the "international beauty pageant" thing a joke? I really don't understand what he meant by that. Does he mean to say the women are all beautiful, or that they're fake? I'm lost. Interesting dude.

Are you alright Kinme? Are you ill?

You didn't mention banana thong.

Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry. Would you mind if I wore you on my head like a banana thong, Boo? I wonder if I will be reported a third time to mods for posting about bananas and thongs.

I am getting unpleasant naughty visuals.

Also, what is a banana thong? I've only seen those elephant thongs on Amazon.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 8:40 am

Kinme wrote:

No I don't think it was a joke. He just mentioned it right after the entitled vapid blonde comment. And he said "but they're all getting engineer degrees". ??? I really didn't understand what's that got to do with me.

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 8:46 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Do you realize that you are the first female (at least in a very long time) who starts a thread about a first okcupid message?

Huh. I don't see what the big deal is. I encourage people to talk about any weird okc messages they've got in this thread. (aside from those unoriginal obscene ones.)

Last night I had a message from a 74 year old with an empty profile. He was definitely a troll. His message was sort of funny so I replied a little but troll is a troll. I blocked him.
Was that you, Boo?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 8:52 am

Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Do you realize that you are the first female (at least in a very long time) who starts a thread about a first okcupid message?
Huh. I don't see what the big deal is...

That instead of talking it over with HIM and forming your own opinion, you picked out one isolated statement from him and talked it over with others (us) to obtain a consensus opinion.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 8:55 am

Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Huh. I don't see what the big deal is. I encourage people to talk about any weird okc messages they've got in this thread. (aside from those unoriginal obscene ones.)

Last night I had a message from a 74 year old with an empty profile. He was definitely a troll. His message was sort of funny so I replied a little but troll is a troll. I blocked him.
Was that you, Boo?

:duh:

Why am I always associated with every troll in the world?

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 9:03 am

Fnord wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That instead of talking it over with HIM and forming your own opinion, you picked out one isolated statement from him and talked it over with others (us) to obtain a consensus opinion.

I meant it as what the big deal is that I'm a female to do that. Are you guys saying women shouldn't do such things? I see other male posters do it. Why can't I??

I did think of messaging him back to discuss what he wrote come across as to someone like me, but since I have no interest in him I decided it would be a waste of both of our times.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 9:21 am

Yuzu wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I meant it as what the big deal is that I'm a female to do that. Are you guys saying women shouldn't do such things? I see other male posters do it. Why can't I??

I did think of messaging him back to discuss what he wrote come across as to someone like me, but since I have no interest in him I decided it would be a waste of both of our times.

:lol: No no, it's entirely fine, I said what I exactly meant.

It's just that females often are on the receiving end on okc and often get dozens of messages everyday, hence why they wouldn't dwell or start some thread about certain opening message like males here do, they simply move on to the next message.

But for a lot of males here, receiving a message or even a reply is an unusual life event or some big deal lol.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 9:29 am

Fact 1: Anyone who badmouths others as a way of bigging himself up is a jerk.
Fact 2: Anyone who badmouths others as a way to suck up to a third party is a jerk.
Fact 3: Men are a lot more fussy and think they are entitled to partners who are much 'better value' than themselves because men constantly over estimate their own value.

Fact 4: For a brief moment I thought lost had got in touch with Yuzu on okc (#hilaritymoment)

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 9:31 am

I only get a few messages a day :( but I'm out of the popular age range. And most of them just say "hi" and that's it.
The ones that indicate they've read your profile at all are very rare.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 11:26 am

Yuzu wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I meant it as what the big deal is that I'm a female ...

I neither said nor implied any such thing.

In similar instances, my replies have also been along the lines of asking the other person (i.e., "Why did he say that?" // "Why don't you ask him?").

If you want to know what is going on with someone (i.e., if he or she is a "keeper"), then that is the person with whom you should consult.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 11:57 am

^ Oh, I forgot to ask Fnord, why does it have to be no divorcees? That seemed a bit harsh, unless you are very religious or something?

Yuzu
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 12:04 pm

Fnord wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yuzu wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I meant it as what the big deal is that I'm a female ...

I neither said nor implied any such thing.

In similar instances, my replies have also been along the lines of asking the other person (i.e., "Why did he say that?" // "Why don't you ask him?").

If you want to know what is going on with someone (i.e., if he or she is a "keeper"), then that is the person with whom you should consult.

I did not say you implied it either. You chose to pick out a certain part of my comment, "I don't see what the bid deal is", and you seemed to take it as if I was asking what the big deal is to "pick out one isolated statement from him etc, etc..."
So I was just clarifying what I meant with that comment. Is it clear now?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 12:23 pm

Yuzu wrote:
Is it clear now?

Yes, dear ... :roll:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 12:27 pm

leafplant wrote:
^ Oh, I forgot to ask Fnord, why does it have to be no divorcees? That seemed a bit harsh, unless you are very religious or something?

No divorce = Less emotional baggage, and fewer instances of the ex 'accidentally' interfering in the relationship.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2013, 12:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
leafplant wrote:

No divorce = Less emotional baggage, and fewer instances of the ex 'accidentally' interfering in the relationship.

That's very judgmental. I happen to have very good relationships with my exes, they are part of my social circle and they get on well with eachother too. However, I wouldn't get on with someone who had to above rule as they are obviously very narrow minded (and shallow lol - pretty trumps intelligent? ;))