Why would a person go to such lengths to degrade me?

Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Dec 2013, 1:14 am

just wanted to post an update to this thread.

The girl is moving out after semester as people are turning on her after her talking crap about me. I also found a girl to take on a date because of this. Win-win. I ignored when I saw her and she tried even harder to talk about me. I want to thank people for their advice again on this thread.

Lesson to be learned: Karma is a b***h :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2013, 3:32 am

You've been lucky that things turned out like this, she gave you free fame. Happy ending.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2013, 1:39 am

Just seems like a bitchy cow. If she named you on social media you could press charges. Personally I wouldn't bother though. Seems most people thought the same as you.

savvyidentity
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2013, 3:20 am

Edit: Oops, nevermind. Looks like it turned out OK. I should read better in future. Just keep in mind that you should stand up against bullies for the future or they won't stop. It's nice some people stuck up for you :thumright:

wester13
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

18 Dec 2013, 6:40 pm

Sorry to hear this happening to you but it seems she has mental issues.I also think the other people see her as crazy,I mean a normal person wouldn't do that.But do like hurtloam said,confront her

warsend wrote:
Hey, new member here. I have a PDD-NOS just to give a little background of myself.

I'm in college currently. I recently moved into a co-ed building no big deal. I see this chick across the hall from me and start talking to her trying to make conversation. I get feelings that she likes me from her body language and how she was talking.

I found out I've creeped her out by having my door open. I did this for a lot of reasons, one is my hall gives out rewards for having your door open to win big prizes at the end of the year, another is that I've made quite a few friends in my hallway and it's an easy way to let them know I'm not busy and they can come hang out.

I asked her out on a date after a couple times talking to her as I thought she had some attraction for me, it's been a couple of weeks and she hasn't responded, and I haven't talked to her since and have moved on.

I recently found out she has a big following on social media. From what a friend told me who follows her, she's been talking a lot of crap about me. It confuses me as I've always been nice to her and don't get what the deal is. She was talking crap before I asked her out, I'm very upset but don't want to confront her about it and I just want to move on. She posted a vine and even blocked me from seeing it as it was about me.

My question is why would a person go to such lengths to talk bad about me? What would you guys do in this situation? Thanks in advance for serious replies. I got the idea from the creepy thread as that is how I feel this started.

wester13

18 Dec 2013, 6:57 pm

Heyy,i just read the update news and i am happy for you.Death to bullies and insecure c ocksuckers who unleash on the weak like pack animals

wester13 wrote:
Sorry to hear this happening to you but it seems she has mental issues.I also think the other people see her as crazy,I mean a normal person wouldn't do that.But do like hurtloam said,confront her
warsend wrote:
Hey, new member here. I have a PDD-NOS just to give a little background of myself.

I'm in college currently. I recently moved into a co-ed building no big deal. I see this chick across the hall from me and start talking to her trying to make conversation. I get feelings that she likes me from her body language and how she was talking.

I found out I've creeped her out by having my door open. I did this for a lot of reasons, one is my hall gives out rewards for having your door open to win big prizes at the end of the year, another is that I've made quite a few friends in my hallway and it's an easy way to let them know I'm not busy and they can come hang out.

I asked her out on a date after a couple times talking to her as I thought she had some attraction for me, it's been a couple of weeks and she hasn't responded, and I haven't talked to her since and have moved on.

I recently found out she has a big following on social media. From what a friend told me who follows her, she's been talking a lot of crap about me. It confuses me as I've always been nice to her and don't get what the deal is. She was talking crap before I asked her out, I'm very upset but don't want to confront her about it and I just want to move on. She posted a vine and even blocked me from seeing it as it was about me.

My question is why would a person go to such lengths to talk bad about me? What would you guys do in this situation? Thanks in advance for serious replies. I got the idea from the creepy thread as that is how I feel this started.

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Dec 2013, 3:44 am

wester13 wrote:
Heyy,i just read the update news and i am happy for you.Death to bullies and insecure c ocksuckers who unleash on the weak like pack animals
wester13 wrote:
warsend wrote:

thank you. I don't know if I would say I'm weak, just trying to be the bigger person in that situation. I've seen her once and would have confronted her however me and a bud were grabbing lunch.

JubalHarshaw
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Dec 2013, 7:28 pm

Uprising wrote:
I'd be wary of those types making up fake sexual assault claims with you involved in to get you in jail.

NOT COOL, BRO. I'll state this exactly once: repeating the popular (and woefully false) trope that women make up rape complaints just to ruin guys lives is misogynist at best. There's this thing called "rape culture" that you might want to look into, since you're a participant and all.

Quote:
The girl is moving out after semester as people are turning on her after her talking crap about me. I also found a girl to take on a date because of this. Win-win. I ignored when I saw her and she tried even harder to talk about me.

Good on ya. These things have a habit of working themselves out as people start getting cognitive dissonance trying to reconcile their observations of a person with the slanderous remarks said about them.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2013, 11:23 pm

Lesson to be learned: those who talk the most s**t and complain the most push others away. Why? Because people don't like the negativity that comes from it.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 9:14 am

JubalHarshaw wrote:
Uprising wrote:
I'd be wary of those types making up fake sexual assault claims with you involved in to get you in jail.

NOT COOL, BRO. I'll state this exactly once: repeating the popular (and woefully false) trope that women make up rape complaints just to ruin guys lives is misogynist at best. There's this thing called "rape culture" that you might want to look into, since you're a participant and all.

Saying that there are women out there who fake rape claims, is misogyny?

Then you go on about "rape culture", well ain't that a bit misandric?

Especially when you blindly accuse me of being a supporter and even PARTICIPANT of that "rape culture" just because I make a warning post of types who fake sexual assault claims against men?

:roll:

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

Uprising wrote:
JubalHarshaw wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Saying that there are women out there who fake rape claims, is misogyny?

Then you go on about "rape culture", well ain't that a bit misandric?

Especially when you blindly accuse me of being a supporter and even PARTICIPANT of that "rape culture" just because I make a warning post of types who fake sexual assault claims against men?

:roll:

False rape reports do happen. They are rare and no more common than false reports of any other crime. False convictions are nearly impossible as it's hard enough to proof actual rape (which is widely under reported.)

MRA and PUA types like to pretend it's an epidemic (despite all evidence to the contrary) so they can skirt around the consent issue and pretend it's more complicated and ambigious than it really is. In thier eyes, being accused of rape is just as bad (if not worse) than rape itself and that most rapes (despite what the law says) aren't actually rapes.

By promoting these blatantly false tropes, you are technically embracing this rape culture. Thing is, rape culture is very persistant and pervasive. Most people, regardless of gender, are indirect participants in rape culture (mostly through pure ignorance) so just singling you out isn't fair.

em_tsuj
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 3:33 am

What is MRA?

Aquinas
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2013, 7:11 am

An MRA=Men's Rights Activist. More specifically it is someone who is sick of being called a "Rape Apologist" every time he or she disagrees with a woman. He or she is also someone who would like to keep the rate of false accusations as low as people think it is.

As for Warsend's situation: I am so glad she is moving out.

I was going to advise him of the following:

1) Do NOT confront her in anyway. Avoid her like the plague. Any interaction you have with her is a potential item she can use against her in any accusation (real or false) she brings forward to the authorities.

2) Somehow get screenshots of her harassing social media posts. In case you need to prove it later, register it with someone like a school counsellor to establish she has done this. Make sure the counsellor knows you do NOT wish to proceed with any complaint against her. If you try to bring action against her she MAY accuse you of something in retaliation.

3) Move out. Do not stay anywhere near her. Meantime, close your door and lock it.

She sounds like EXACTLY the person who would make a false accusation, especially if you start something. Once she has made the accusation, her work is done. Someone in authority will then deal with you; probably the school's sexual harassment policy which may consider you guilty-by-accusation. This is called "violence by proxy"; similar to a girl getting her boyfriend to beat up some guy she does not like.

Aquinas
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Dec 2013, 7:18 am

JubalHarshaw wrote:

...... I'll state this exactly once........

Is that a promise? Because I hate Misandry.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2013, 8:24 am

Somebody is a tad paranoid.

warsend
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Dec 2013, 7:16 am

aspiemike wrote:
Lesson to be learned: those who talk the most sh** and complain the most push others away. Why? Because people don't like the negativity that comes from it.

:lol: and karma is real. Upgrading to a better looking girl in the process who isn't full of herself is icing on the cake.