Being handsome is not good enough.

Page 3 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm

The funny thing about this thread is that nobody made any comment whatsoever on whether Aaendi is "good-looking" or not, as he implies, even after he posted his photos. It might mean that nobody disagrees with it - or that nobody wants to seem rude by saying they disagree. :) So you really can't rule out looks as a factor, unless you've actually been told, by at least several people, that you're good looking.

I guess it's kind of comforting to those aspies that are not good-looking that even if they were it wouldn't be enough :) But it would still be helpful, undoubtedly.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2014, 5:45 pm

Lilya wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I am ugly though, so I wouldn't be sure how enough it is.

You're not ugly at all.

Teehee

Deuterium
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jan 2014, 5:50 pm

FMX wrote:
The funny thing about this thread is that nobody made any comment whatsoever on whether Aaendi is "good-looking" or not, as he implies, even after he posted his photos.

He looks fine to me. I don't typically have any physical attraction to males so I can't really speak for how attractive he is in that way, but nothing seems 'wrong' about him.

hihowareyou
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Feb 2014, 5:31 pm

OP brings up a valid point.

I have been told I should be a model yet women hardly ever show interest in me. Maybe they are being to subtle or once I come off as beta that makes them run. I don’t know. I guess as an adult I’m clueless as to how I’m suppose to go about meeting girls because I have yet to find a decent job and all my friends have moved away.

In school I was told I was attractive yet I never seemed to attract the girls I like.

The benefits of being handsome are really not worth the effort. At one point I let myself go just because I gave up.

I have since lost nearly 50 pounds, cleared my acne, have been wearing more stylish clothing and women still seem to jump if I approach them.

SUCKS.

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 6:48 pm

Duh. being pretty isn´t enough either.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 8:19 pm

starkid wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
A lot of people think all you need to get a girlfriend is to be good looking

Only immature people think that.

Same applies with females, and this forum is full of ignorant twats like that. I'm ok looking, certainly don't look nerdy, but tbh social skills play a huge part in dating and friendships no matter what you look like.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

15 Feb 2014, 8:22 pm

FMX wrote:
The funny thing about this thread is that nobody made any comment whatsoever on whether Aaendi is "good-looking" or not, as he implies, even after he posted his photos.

It's rude to comment about peoples looks unless they specifically ask for it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 12:08 am

I'd say its at least 40% of it though, and it makes a big difference with opening doors, as if you don't look good, they won't ever see your personality, or smarts. rather hoping to find a great looking guy who has those too.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 12:59 am

sly279 wrote:
I'd say its at least 40% of it though, and it makes a big difference with opening doors, as if you don't look good, they won't ever see your personality, or smarts. rather hoping to find a great looking guy who has those too.

Yeah they will. Force them to. Go out with groups of people at meetups as opposed to going on "dates".

Cafeaulait
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 3:54 am

hale_bopp wrote:
starkid wrote:
Aaendi wrote:
A lot of people think all you need to get a girlfriend is to be good looking

Only immature people think that.

Same applies with females, and this forum is full of ignorant twats like that. I'm ok looking, certainly don't look nerdy, but tbh social skills play a huge part in dating and friendships no matter what you look like.

Totally agree.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:02 am

In the same way that being only a Nice Guy™ won't get you a girlfriend, being only a Handsome Guy™ won't get you a girlfriend, either.

The most likely reason that women aren't interested in a man is because the man is not interesting to them -- he's simply boring.

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 8:42 am

My experience has been that being perceived as physically attractive is good for getting initial eye contact and a verbal greeting. But beyond the initial greeting, physical attraction very quickly becomes increasingly much, much less important.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 9:03 am

modernmax wrote:
Well this is me. I'm extremely skinny, with no muscles, just skin and bone. I doubt I will ever be fat. I have nice hair and am always clean shaven. I did have a lot of pimples before, though slowly but surely I'm getting them to go away. I'm not sure if there is an aspie look, but even if there was I don't think people can look at me and automatically take a guess at "Hmmm, you know what? That kid looks a little autistic to me."
[img][img]http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/640x480q90/34/uzkp.jpg[/img][/img]

When it comes to muscle mass, you just can't win; it's either too much or too little. I felt bad for being a skinny guy, but roughly two years later, I've been told that I'm too big. Studies have shown that men are rated the most attractive when they have 15" biceps, which isn't that hard to achieve. In 20 years, beauty standards have gone from Mark Wahlberg to Justin Bieber, so I wouldn't worry too much about muscle, in any case.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 9:36 am

I am handsome and 'hot' online, ugly and the opposite of hot offline.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 11:34 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Do you use MySpace angles online?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2014, 12:08 pm

Kurgan wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Do you use MySpace angles online?

:lol: Hell no. I think the perception of height and posture/awkwardness make the whole difference.

I simply no longer take those online flirts as indicative of attractiveness, I Just think "meh..".