I like it when mediocre girls (with plump bodies) like me

Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 3:19 pm

I'm fat and my sloth when it comes to doing whatever it takes to lose weight gives away my mediocrity or worse. Even if I didn't have other serious flaws, I totally understand a woman dismissing me as worthless as soon as she sees me, because I'm no use to her. It is to be expected that she be more comfortable alone than cuddling with someone as physically retch-inducing as me. Besides, since my disgusting body proves I have a weak and sh***y personality, she has no reason to trust I won't be mean to her.

Why wouldn't this reasoning be just as valid if I were female? I think there's too much public censorship in the name of combating objectification.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 3:44 pm

Well, maybe I was little harsh on the OP.

I am sure many women would call my physique mediocre because I am very short.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 4:07 pm

Being short has essentially nothing to do with your choices. It can't be blamed on your personality.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 4:19 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
I'm fat and my sloth when it comes to doing whatever it takes to lose weight gives away my mediocrity or worse. Even if I didn't have other serious flaws, I totally understand a woman dismissing me as worthless as soon as she sees me, because I'm no use to her. It is to be expected that she be more comfortable alone than cuddling with someone as physically retch-inducing as me. Besides, since my disgusting body proves I have a weak and sh***y personality, she has no reason to trust I won't be mean to her.

Why wouldn't this reasoning be just as valid if I were female? I think there's too much public censorship in the name of combating objectification.

If that is how you honestly think about your body, then why don't you take steps to correct it? There has to be a reason why you don't - a person keeps up with something if there is a benefit to them. What's the benefit to you about not trying to fix your flaws?

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 4:36 pm

It takes time and I'm too busy misosophizing about them.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 4:44 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
It takes time and I'm too busy misosophizing about them.

What does this mean? I looked up "misosophy" and I still don't understand what you are saying.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 5:02 pm

It means I know that I really need to be diligent and do a lot of things if I want my life to go anywhere, and that not doing it is really stupid of me, but I still have a lot of trouble mustering the energy to do it. Too many years too sheltered and too little direct contact with the consequences of my choices, especially the default choice of doing nothing. If a lion came after me, I probably wouldn't figure out it's a good idea to do something about it before it started munching on my innards.

Factory Ten
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2015, 5:19 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
It means I know that I really need to be diligent and do a lot of things if I want my life to go anywhere, and that not doing it is really stupid of me, but I still have a lot of trouble mustering the energy to do it. Too many years too sheltered and too little direct contact with the consequences of my choices, especially the default choice of doing nothing. If a lion came after me, I probably wouldn't figure out it's a good idea to do something about it before it started munching on my innards.

Someone who I despise (and is heavier than I am) has inspired me to start eating healthier -- I keep telling myself I don't want to look like him.

Losing weight isn't necessarily working out, it can be eating less and eating healthier. It sucks and it is boring, not to mention slow, but it would be a start that wouldn't require much physical effort.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2015, 11:29 pm

sly279 wrote:
yeah if he liked how they looked he wouldn't call them that. I don't call women i find pretty ugly because others might. I use words to describe how I see them.

That is not true at all. He can be aware that they are not top models but still like them for some other reasons (as he said).
Quote:
so he wouldn't call them mediocre unless he saw them as such also. so he seems to view them as not as good as other women.

So in your opinion if a man says a woman has mediocre looks it means he thinks she is overall a mediocre woman? Interesting. :roll:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 1:12 am

Spiderpig wrote:
Being short has essentially nothing to do with your choices. It can't be blamed on your personality.

I was not talking about choices or personality.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 1:52 am

Peacesells wrote:
sly279 wrote:
yeah if he liked how they looked he wouldn't call them that. I don't call women i find pretty ugly because others might. I use words to describe how I see them.

That is not true at all. He can be aware that they are not top models but still like them for some other reasons (as he said).
Quote:
so he wouldn't call them mediocre unless he saw them as such also. so he seems to view them as not as good as other women.

So in your opinion if a man says a woman has mediocre looks it means he thinks she is overall a mediocre woman? Interesting. :roll:

not top model isn't the same as mediocre. it means not very good. so its below average. sounds the same as saying ugly and fat.

you're twisting my words to make meanings you want, so you can attack me. i get it you don't like me so just leave me alone. why do you seem to have some kind of vendetta against me.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 2:07 am

Good sly! Good!

It's good to have backbone and stop being so candy-nice, don't allow anyone to step on you.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 4:02 am

sly279 wrote:
not top model isn't the same as mediocre. it means not very good. so its below average. sounds the same as saying ugly and fat.

Clearly I was using an euphemism. But even so, he can see that they are fat but he likes them for other reasons. What's wrong with that? None gave me an answer for that yet.
Quote:
you're twisting my words to make meanings you want, so you can attack me. i get it you don't like me so just leave me alone. why do you seem to have some kind of vendetta against me.

I did not twist anything, can you argument your claim? You said that if he says that they look mediocre then he must think that they are mediocre women.
Quote:

Which is obviously not true, since the OP said that he finds them amazing and has a predilection for them.
I don't like people who mock this guy for no reason. If you want to validate your assumptions please try to motivate them, instead of claiming that I am attacking you.
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Good sly! Good!

It's good to have backbone and stop being so candy-nice, don't allow anyone to step on you.

I don't think it's good to mock the OP for no reason either.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 3:58 pm

ever noticed that people who think something is great don't' call it lame.

i don't cal those women fat to me they aren't fat. he cals them that word so he must also think they are too but likes the attention.

would you like it if your gf was to say" my bf is really fat and ugly but I still put up with him" bet that'd hurt your feelings. bet if these women read his post they'd feel hurt. its like retro talking about his gf.

if you like someone or something you don't use such words as you don't see them as such words.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 12:11 am

But you are saying as a dogma that if he likes them he wouldn't see them as fat, you are giving no explanation. We don't live in a Disney movie. If you like a 160 cm and 100 kg girl and say that she is not fat then you are lying. A more correct definition would be that you know she is fat but you don't mind it.
You said that they would be hurt to read this, but how? He came here anonymouly and anonymusly asked if there is anyone like him. I don't think he did anything bad.
We need to acknowledge that some people just don't care much about the physical aspect.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 1:02 am

we don't use those here so I have no idea that those would look like.