My girlfriend hurt me, but did I deserve it?

Page 3 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 5:27 am

You're a real bada55, Sabreclaw.

You'd still date a woman if she confessed to murdering someone else?

Wouldn't even want to press for details?

It's entirely possible if she murdered someone else, she'd murder you e.g. she killed the previous person simply because they did something a boyfriend would likely do at some point, even by accident.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:03 am

Outrider wrote:
You're a real bada55, Sabreclaw.

You'd still date a woman if she confessed to murdering someone else?

Wouldn't even want to press for details?

It's entirely possible if she murdered someone else, she'd murder you e.g. she killed the previous person simply because they did something a boyfriend would likely do at some point, even by accident.

Hardly, I just don't really feel like throwing away a perfectly good girlfriend because she killed some nonentity. If I felt like she was a threat to me or was getting the attention of bad people or the police, then I'd be concerned. A random killing here-or-there that nobody knows about isn't really my problem though.

Hell, there's no shortage of killing in the military and most soldiers' partners don't object to that.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:23 am

The simplest way I can explain my views are as follows:

My girlfriend can do whatever morally objectionable stuff she wants to do, so long as it does not put herself and/or myself in some kind of danger, and that she's not cheating on me. My hypothetical girlfriend's health and happiness is the top priority for me.

I've said all I care to on the matter. If you don't like my opinion then bite me. Of course none of it matters anyway since I don't have a girlfriend who's murdered somebody in the past and confessed to me.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:53 am

No. Our views may be very similar.

I dont believe in objective morals.

I've no interest in carrying out actions considered 'wrong' by the majority, and doing these actions would also emotionally affect me, but I do not consider them 'wrong'.

I don't believe in good or evil

I've been acquaintances with actual sociopaths.

They don't scare me. Often they are comfortable confiding on me because I 'look like I wouldn't be judgemental' of them.

A girlfriend r frind however who has community tted murder is the past the line for me.

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:30 am

To return to the topic.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MaxE wrote:
This is not a reason to end a relationship.

Yes, it is.

I agree completely. If somebody cheats even once, they then have the taste for it. You can never have a secure relationship in that circumstance. Dump her.

PuzzlePieces1 wrote:
The OP needs to get an "abundance mentality". There is literally an unending supply of women in this world. Nobody is really all that special. And when someone hurts you in an unforgivable way such as by cheating on you, you should dump them. You don't need to be with someone who treats you like that. You are a person of value who deserves better than someone like that.

This "unending supply of women" hasn't exactly worked out for me. I'm yet to meet a single one that finds me even remotely attractive, let alone actually being compatible with me. For some people, a single partner might be all they'll ever be able to get, if they're even that lucky.

Of course, that just makes cheating feel even worse.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 9:09 am

TomS wrote:
Your not married.

She forgave you.

____________ (fill in your response)

What do you mean?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 9:21 am

You've every right to dump a cheater.

Most people are aware the relationship is not over in the middle of a fight with your S.O unless there was an official breakup.

You didn't cheat so don't think for a second your behaviour was 'just as bad'

All you did was talk to a former Fwb right, not realizing it was inappropriate?

Hardly as bad as cheating.

It would be like talking to an ex girlfriend and the ex-gf tries to flirt even if you tell her you have a new gf but she doesn't listen.

PuzzlePieces1
Raven
Raven

19 Sep 2016, 9:12 pm

Sabreclaw wrote:
To return to the topic.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Yes, it is.

I agree completely. If somebody cheats even once, they then have the taste for it. You can never have a secure relationship in that circumstance. Dump her.

PuzzlePieces1 wrote:
The OP needs to get an "abundance mentality". There is literally an unending supply of women in this world. Nobody is really all that special. And when someone hurts you in an unforgivable way such as by cheating on you, you should dump them. You don't need to be with someone who treats you like that. You are a person of value who deserves better than someone like that.

This "unending supply of women" hasn't exactly worked out for me. I'm yet to meet a single one that finds me even remotely attractive, let alone actually being compatible with me. For some people, a single partner might be all they'll ever be able to get, if they're even that lucky.

The key to getting a girlfriend/boyfriend is to be physically attractive. The key to being physically attractive is to be physically fit. Honestly, being in good healthy physical shape is about 90% of what makes a person good-looking. You get into shape by doing intense physical exercise -- running, martial arts, sports, aerobics, kickboxing, etc. -- for forty minutes a day, five days a week. It takes six months to a year to achieve good physical shape, depending on the condition you start off in.

I know this is true because I got into great shape and suddenly I couldn't keep the girls off me even though I am completely clueless socially. The key is to find some exercise that you can perseverate over easily. I chose martial arts because there's a "level" system and you earn "points" toward each advancement. Other people prefer weight training. The best way to keep exercising is to become a fitness instructor of some type so you are incentivized to do it by getting paid.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 2:28 pm

Thank you everyone for your opinions on the matter.

Spiderpig wrote:
By the way, did her cheating end three years ago, or did it continue, perhaps to this day? Besides, if I were her boyfriend, I wouldn't trust her not to have kept doing it and just not letting me know. As far as being able to "handle it" is concerned, I think it's best handled by dumping her immediately and not looking back.

No it was just the one time, she says, but she did remain friends with him long after until more recently, where she felt it was inappropriate to be friends with longer, because of it, she said.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 3:11 pm

ironpony wrote:

Spiderpig wrote:
By the way, did her cheating end three years ago, or did it continue, perhaps to this day? Besides, if I were her boyfriend, I wouldn't trust her not to have kept doing it and just not letting me know. As far as being able to "handle it" is concerned, I think it's best handled by dumping her immediately and not looking back.

No it was just the one time, she says, but she did remain friends with him long after until more recently, where she felt it was inappropriate to be friends with longer, because of it, she said.

I see, so she really cheated? Why are you asking us if it is your fault, it obviously isn't. It's her fault 'cause she was (is?) not a good girlfriend it seems, and instead of taking the blame you should be quite pissed I think. Did she blame you or something?
Anyway, in my opinion, you should not to belittle what happened.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 7:03 pm

PuzzlePieces1 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
To return to the topic.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Yes, it is.

PuzzlePieces1 wrote:

The key to getting a girlfriend/boyfriend is to be physically attractive. The key to being physically attractive is to be physically fit. Honestly, being in good healthy physical shape is about 90% of what makes a person good-looking. You get into shape by doing intense physical exercise -- running, martial arts, sports, aerobics, kickboxing, etc. -- for forty minutes a day, five days a week. It takes six months to a year to achieve good physical shape, depending on the condition you start off in.

I know this is true because I got into great shape and suddenly I couldn't keep the girls off me even though I am completely clueless socially. The key is to find some exercise that you can perseverate over easily. I chose martial arts because there's a "level" system and you earn "points" toward each advancement. Other people prefer weight training. The best way to keep exercising is to become a fitness instructor of some type so you are incentivized to do it by getting paid.

Not everyone is interested in being 'ripped'

Even when i reach my goal body, it wont look like i lift weights and enjoy health and fitness with my shirt on, i could still be mistaken for your regular skinny fat person whos never touched weights.

Your amount of success implies you are fit to the point your muscles show throuhh your shirt and you have bulging bicep and tricep arms when wearing short sleeve shirts.

PuzzlePieces1
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2016, 8:31 pm

Outrider wrote:
PuzzlePieces1 wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
To return to the topic.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
MaxE wrote:

Yes, it is.

PuzzlePieces1 wrote:

Not everyone is interested in being 'ripped'

Even when i reach my goal body, it wont look like i lift weights and enjoy health and fitness with my shirt on, i could still be mistaken for your regular skinny fat person whos never touched weights.

Your amount of success implies you are fit to the point your muscles show throuhh your shirt and you have bulging bicep and tricep arms when wearing short sleeve shirts.

If you are pleased with your body, then whatever. Be happy. But if you want to attract partners, you need to be in good shape. That's just reality. Do what makes you happy, but don't complain then if people aren't attracted to you. Sometimes you need to go outside your comfort zone if you want to have a girlfriend/boyfriend. They don't owe you anything.

PuzzlePieces1
Raven
Raven

20 Sep 2016, 8:34 pm

ironpony wrote:

Spiderpig wrote:

I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear right now, but if she stayed friends with this guy afterward, then it probably wasn't "just the one time". It's probably something that has continued behind your back. Narcissistic selfish people behave this way all the time. I experienced it myself once.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 8:53 pm

PuzzlePieces1 wrote:

If you are pleased with your body, then whatever. Be happy. But if you want to attract partners, you need to be in good shape. That's just reality. Do what makes you happy, but don't complain then if people aren't attracted to you. Sometimes you need to go outside your comfort zone if you want to have a girlfriend/boyfriend. They don't owe you anything.

What are you on about?

I said I am fit.

Not as fit as an adult yet, of course, but I'm developing a fit young adult body.

Fitness isn't just muscles, it's stamina, endurance, dexterity, motor skills and co-ordination, reflexes, diet, durability, metabolism, cardiovascular health, etc. but it seems that doesn't matter to women and it's all about being ripped/swole.

Look at this guy:

Now look at how he looks with a shirt on:

You have to look like this guy:

Before your muscles start to show through your clothes, like so:

Otherwise people will just think you're a regular skinny guy who's never touched weights if you look like the guy in the blue shirt.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 9:56 pm

PuzzlePieces1 wrote:

ROFLMAO dude, so to get a gf you have to be ripped? Are you serious? Apart from the fact that most guys out there are not ripped and still manage to have relationships, seriously, not all women out there are models, so not all of them can have ripped guys. And they don't.
PuzzlePieces1 wrote:
I know this is probably the last thing you want to hear right now, but if she stayed friends with this guy afterward, then it probably wasn't "just the one time". It's probably something that has continued behind your back. Narcissistic selfish people behave this way all the time. I experienced it myself once.

If I remember well and I don't confuse him with someone else, he said in some old thread that sometimes his gf borrowed money from her ex. I think it was already suspicious back then maybe, knowing these new facts its a bit more I'd say.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 10:55 pm

Peacesells wrote:
Apart from the fact that most guys out there are not ripped and still manage to have relationships, seriously, not all women out there are models, so not all of them can have ripped guys.

I don't think that comparison is very relevant. Women are disqualified from modelling for extremely petty reasons, like not being significantly above average height. I find many non-models more attractive than many models, no matter how much the media and most of the public imply it should be the other way round.

There's no way around the fact that the average woman's body by itself can very much arouse most heterosexual men, while the average man needs to work out an awful lot to achieve a tiny fraction of that power on heterosexual women, just barely noticeable. If they manage to get relationships, they must have something else to offer, in addition to their bodies.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.