Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 6:53 pm

I live in a BIG country with a small population.

My countries population is PROPORTIONATELY low.

Australia is almost the size of the USA.

USA population: 450 million

Australia population: 24 million

We are 2/3rds the size of USA but our population is almost 1/18th the USA's.

SLY, at least America has a big population.

There are many smaller countries in the world with the same population as Australia's or greater.

France is smaller and has 66 million people.

Japan is smaller and has 127 million.

Egypt 99 million

South Africa 55 million

England 55 million

Argentina 43 million

England is so much smaller yet has twice as many people...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 7:34 pm

The USA doesn't have 450 million people. They have about 330 million people.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 9:18 pm

lol dress up as mrs doubtfire, that made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 10:26 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
lol dress up as mrs doubtfire, that made me laugh out loud. :lol:

Also, pee standing up while dressed as Mrs. D, just like in the movie.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

FunkyPunky
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2018, 10:52 pm

The problem for me is that I'm social online but almost phobically shy in real life. On top of that I've mentioned before that there are no real social groups or clubs here in hillbilly paradise for geeks like me. Like if I manage to make friends I'm okay but that's really hard. There is a book club but its filled with nothing but old ladies who just want to talk about Gone With The Wind every week. That leaves me with dating sites and apps but I've been using them so long that I have maybe ten matches across all of them because of all the people who've blocked me. So it's not that I don't want to try and I just want to complain and feel sorry for myself. I literally see nothing that can work for me.

modernmax
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2018, 11:29 pm

Nightclubs. I've only been to one once, but had no trouble talking to people, especially since most of them struck up conversation with me first.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 1:41 am

I can't do nightclubs. Too much noise. I can't hear what people are saying.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 2:43 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I can't do nightclubs. Too much noise. I can't hear what people are saying.

They are saying 'What are we doing in this dump again'

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 4:05 am

sly279 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
sly279 wrote:
https://www.meetup.com/find/?allMeetups=true&radius=10&userFreeform=Eugene%2C+OR&mcId=z97401&mcName=Eugene%2C+OR&sort=default
No luck

I couldn't resist having a look. What about the learning Spanish, it includes cake :D It's Saturday mornings though you prob work then.

There's quite a few in the nearest big town to me but while I could go during the day, all the good ones are evening and there's no way back. 'Silent Forest' is day but when I clicked on details I found I had misread the name it was really 'Silicone Forests' which would be my version of hell. I'll keep looking every so often though because there are a lot more than the last time I looked.

I can’t learn Spanish , gosh knows the government tried to force me to serval times(it was mandated) but I can’t cause my speech impediment and well memory issues. I don’t even speak some English words right.

Yeah that’s my issue too they are all late night acorsss in the other city with no way back, and the video game one doesn’t meet up or have any discussions. They had 400 members I think, what do they do if they never meet or talk? From what I gather it cost a lot of money to have a group on that page. Somone said it cost $160 3 months and so were looking for someoneelse to pay. Another group said they going cater charging $5 a member a month. So you’d pay $5 a month to spend gas then spend $20ish each meeting on food. Given weekly meetings you’d be spending over $100 a month, seems I’d be better off hiring a dating service. I don’t drive anyways so I can’t get to 90% of these meet ups. The others are taking place when I’m working or when I’d not be able to get home. They set up for people with 9-5 jobs.

Lol

Yeah there’s a lot of strange ones. Feminist groups etc.
lots of female only groups :( maybe I could cross dress like Robbin Williams in miss doubtfile,

The only one that might have worked is the socializing one but nope it’s for 50+
Seems people my age don’t have trouble socializing and so don’t need a group.

My Mum does lots of interesting stuff through the U3A but that's for people who are retired or semi-retired.

I had to do French at school from 4-14, I can count to ten, badly :D

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 4:16 am

FunkyPunky wrote:
The problem for me is that I'm social online but almost phobically shy in real life. On top of that I've mentioned before that there are no real social groups or clubs here in hillbilly paradise for geeks like me. Like if I manage to make friends I'm okay but that's really hard. There is a book club but its filled with nothing but old ladies who just want to talk about Gone With The Wind every week. That leaves me with dating sites and apps but I've been using them so long that I have maybe ten matches across all of them because of all the people who've blocked me. So it's not that I don't want to try and I just want to complain and feel sorry for myself. I literally see nothing that can work for me.

Is the book club comment a guess or did you try it. I ask because I've just rejoined my local book club, they are all old ladies but they are serious readers with broad interests. As a younger (than them) person they are extremely keen to have me and when a young male joined for a time they appreciated the diversity it bought to the group. My Mum belongs to a different group who are all wine and gossip (rarely comment on the books) so my point was that book groups vary. Old ladies are usually good people to practice social skills with, just an idea.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 6:45 am

FunkyPunky wrote:

What city and country do you live in?

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 2:42 pm

sly279 wrote:
How many women will constantly drive 3 hours one way to date a poor guy? Tell me they won’t come to resent the guy? But guys are expected to do it and be happy.

I can't drive, but if I found a guy who I wanted as my partner and who wanted me as their partner then three hour bus/train drive doesn't sound like much to me. Of course, that might be just me. I like long distance busses as long as the're aren't too smelly or loud people sitting too close to me. Or dogs. Dogs on busses scare me. And yes, I'd do this even if the guy was poor. If him being poor bothered me too much then I wouldn't date him. If I was always the one who had to do the traveling, well... the guy would have to have a really good reason to never come to my town in order for me to not break up with him. If he has a disability that makes traveling impossible or extremely difficult for him then it'd be fine, as well as if he earned a lot less than me and couldn't afford to come over. However, in the later case I'd expect him to travel to my place more often if he started making more money and could afford it. Also, if I use my time and money to get to him more than he does then I expect to get something in return, like me getting to decide what we do more often than he does. Of course we'd decide together, but I'd demand to get the final say in... three times out of four, maybe.
In case neither of us could afford to travel at some point then that'd be just a test for our relationship. I don't think I would mind a long distance relationship where I don't see the guy face to face in months because for me a relationship is more of an emotional thing than physical.

Does this sound fair to you? Or actually, does it at least make sense even if you don't agree?

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 3:24 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
sly279 wrote:
How many women will constantly drive 3 hours one way to date a poor guy? Tell me they won’t come to resent the guy? But guys are expected to do it and be happy.

I can't drive, but if I found a guy who I wanted as my partner and who wanted me as their partner then three hour bus/train drive doesn't sound like much to me. Of course, that might be just me. I like long distance busses as long as the're aren't too smelly or loud people sitting too close to me. Or dogs. Dogs on busses scare me. And yes, I'd do this even if the guy was poor. If him being poor bothered me too much then I wouldn't date him. If I was always the one who had to do the traveling, well... the guy would have to have a really good reason to never come to my town in order for me to not break up with him. If he has a disability that makes traveling impossible or extremely difficult for him then it'd be fine, as well as if he earned a lot less than me and couldn't afford to come over. However, in the later case I'd expect him to travel to my place more often if he started making more money and could afford it. Also, if I use my time and money to get to him more than he does then I expect to get something in return, like me getting to decide what we do more often than he does. Of course we'd decide together, but I'd demand to get the final say in... three times out of four, maybe.
In case neither of us could afford to travel at some point then that'd be just a test for our relationship. I don't think I would mind a long distance relationship where I don't see the guy face to face in months because for me a relationship is more of an emotional thing than physical.

Does this sound fair to you? Or actually, does it at least make sense even if you don't agree?

If I knew a guy well enough to feel there was a chance of a real relationship then I would travel 3hrs. I wouldn't do it for someone that I hadn't got to know a bit though, because it would take a lot of time and money to get to know them with the odds against it becoming a relationship.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2018, 7:29 pm

Fireblossom wrote:
sly279 wrote:

Would you start dating a guy who lives 2-3 hours away. Meaning you’d have to make that trip just to go on a first date?

I don’t care if woman I’d dated decided all we did, but I’m submissive and so prefer the woman to decide things. However women prefer men to take the initiative and plan everything and thus a man not doing this is seen as lacking confident. Which is another thing against me. Men are suppose to be dominant most women desire and prefer dominant men.

These women expect me to go to their city to dst them. I can’t do thst. When I had a car and could afford to I did once. Spent $100 getting there, and $75 on the date. Never got a second date. That was the last long drive I took before my car died.

Most women resent their guys for just having to give them a ride to the date place, saying they aren’t his taxi. So I won’t take rides from women, female coworker offered me a ride home, I refused multiple times, and took the 2 hour bus ride home. I may not be a real man but I’ll dam well try not to show it as much as possible.
Women also appearrwntly resent guys who take gifts or meals etc. so I won’t accept gifts from non family women, Or meals. Most women just seem to resent men who are providers and paying for everything. I’ve never heard a man complain about giving his gf or wife rides, some will spend whol day in town on day off so they can drop her off then pick her up 8 hours later. And they don’t complain or say theirnjust a taxi to her.

So fair yes. But most women aren’t like you sadly. I can’t afford to travel to other cities, it’d take my Who months extra money. And then I’d be stranded there and not able to pay for the date which I’d be expected to do.

I’d prefer being together(but not living together as much as I’d want as she’d come to resent and hate me for living off her appearently) at this point I’d enjoy a odd where we never meet but I’ve been told women don’t love thst way and will never love w guy they’ve never meet in person. I’m odd I guess so ar you.

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2018, 2:36 pm

Answering to Sly's post above, can't quote it 'cause my phone is messing with me.

Yes I would if he was my friend already or if we had talked in the internet a lot before the date and I saw him as a potential partner.

As for women wanting dominant men... meh. I think it could be nice to be the boss, but I'd also like it if the man was cabable of setting a line and opening his mouth if I did something he found stupid or offending.

I wouldn't like it if my partner never accepted food or gifts from me; would make me think that he thinks the things I offer aren't good enough for him.