27 Oct 2017, 6:58 am

Outrider wrote:
Men are the medicine of the world.

Is that you?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 8:10 am

Nah. I wish I had a body like his though!

I like the way he thinks.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 8:12 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I agree with Closet, yes - men and women are extremely different.

I may have more in common in the way of looking at life with other men across the seas, like many men here on WP, than women in my city.

We are like aliens to each other.

And I have very little in common with anyone.

I'm an effeminate male nerd stuck in a butch woman's body.

Thank god I'm asexual.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 8:15 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Sabreclaw wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Having a crush is awful. It’s pretty much all you care about. It’s like that person has control over you. Not being in control is a terrible feeling.

Yeah. Also, since you're not with them you don't get the full picture of who they are so your brain fills in the gaps with some idealization instead of the reality, keeping you distracted from other potential options.

It’s a sage bubble of fantasy which eventually gets popped. When it gets popped, it gets popped hard.

A crush doesn't get popped. It vanishes by itself, at which time you wish it had lasted a lot longer. After the crush is gone, you will at best be left with a rather boring and uneventful life in a relationship. That's because when the crush disappears, all the mystery about your loved one disappears as well, and you are left with an ordinary human being.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 8:20 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Having a crush is awful. It’s pretty much all you care about. It’s like that person has control over you. Not being in control is a terrible feeling.

Yeah. Also, since you're not with them you don't get the full picture of who they are so your brain fills in the gaps with some idealization instead of the reality, keeping you distracted from other potential options.

That's the whole point with a crush. It creates a lot of mystery that needs to be explored. When the exploration is done, all the fun is done as well.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 8:23 am

Clakker wrote:
Quote:
Having a crush and being in love are the best things in life. Nothing can beat it.

I hope that's not true, because then, at least, as per my case I have experienced that a crush or being in love has simply a negative effect on my bank account but then I have, after all, dated two sycophants. :wink:

You need to select your crush carefully. You cannot just get a crush on any psychopath. They need to be worthy of your attention.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:32 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

I may have more in common in the way of looking at life with other men across the seas, like many men here on WP, than women in my city.

Thank god I'm asexual.

I don't feel like I have much in common with anyone either. Gender discussions upset me because I don't relate to stereotypical women, but i don't completely think like a man either, so no one accepts me or understand me. I begin to doubt I even understand myself.

I've met a few ND women in real life, so I'm not completely alone, but i find they are very set in their ways and dont like debating things with me. They seem to take offense if I don't agree with them.

I don't really have any real life male friends to talk with.

Closet Genious
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:35 pm

hurtloam wrote:
XFilesGeek wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Thank god I'm asexual.

I don't feel like I have much in common with anyone either. Gender discussions upset me because I don't relate to stereotypical women, but i don't completely think like a man either, so no one accepts me or understand me. I begin to doubt I even understand myself.

I've met a few ND women in real life, so I'm not completely alone, but i find they are very set in their ways and dont like debating things with me. They seem to take offense if I don't agree with them.

I don't really have any real life male friends to talk with.

That's not true. We haven't thrown you to the crocodiles yet.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2017, 2:42 pm

Outrider wrote:
Nah. I wish I had a body like his though!

I like the way he thinks.

He's very loud. He almost sounds like Alexander or Hannibal Barca doing a great battle speech.

I find myself with say one or 2 male friends and allot more female friends at this stage.