If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 26 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 52  Next

jadw
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2015, 7:41 am

Men who have girlfriends early get great respect in society. Women who don't have a boyfriend until she is older has great respect.

And so we have an optimal solution: women wait until they're 25-30, then pick up guys who are 18-21.

This is all there ever was all along...

When the fog clears and the clouds disappear
We will see with clarity, this is what remains here
You are all that I have now, you are all that I miss
Since when did we need more to life than this?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

21 Jul 2015, 10:46 pm

WantToHaveALife wrote:
seriously, wish i could punch a random guys lights out for telling me to "Man Up, Be a Man, Grow a Pair"
I've been told that before & think that's total sexist horsesh!t.

I never had my 1st girlfriend till I was 20 & it was a mostly online thing. I didn't have my next one till I was 28 & that also was a mostly online thing. I didn't have my next one till I was 29 & we moved in together around my 30th birthday. I met my 2nd & current girlfriend here on this forum.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm

nick007 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
seriously, wish i could punch a random guys lights out for telling me to "Man Up, Be a Man, Grow a Pair"

I never had my 1st girlfriend till I was 20 & it was a mostly online thing. I didn't have my next one till I was 28 & that also was a mostly online thing. I didn't have my next one till I was 29 & we moved in together around my 30th birthday. I met my 2nd & current girlfriend here on this forum.

you're one of the lucky very very few.

at 30 its all over. so you just barely slipped in. you might get to enjoy a year or so of youthful relationship

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 2:01 am

sly279 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

at 30 its all over. so you just barely slipped in. you might get to enjoy a year or so of youthful relationship

What does that even mean? I'm 34 and don't see much difference between my relationships now and ones ten years ago. Are you over 30? Are you multiple people over 30? If not, how do you know what it's really like, and that it's the same for everyone?

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 2:59 am

sly279 wrote:

I can assure you it is not over after 30. Maybe after 70 (I don't know as I'm not that old yet), but it works the same way at 50 as at 20. People in their 50s can have playful encounters if they like. It's up to yourself if you want to become like your peers or not, and I've decided strongly against that. In fact, I don't feel I have anything in common with NT men in their 50s.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 5:30 am

sly279 wrote:
you might get to enjoy a year or so of youthful relationship
And they might enjoy enjoy their relationship for years after they turn 30.

I intend to enjoy being in a relationship even after I turn 50. Especially if it happens to be with a 20 year old.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 8:44 am

People still have sex in nursing homes, by the way

rvacountrysinger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Jul 2015, 11:55 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
are you too old to be this inexperienced? I turned 27 at the beginning of this year in January, and i'm still single, never had a girlfriend, seriously, although the pain of not having had a girlfriend yet has been painful and frustrating for me for a while, I feel it started hitting the crisis point in my mind, self-esteem wise once I reached 25.

I've had self-esteem, self-confidence issues for a very long time now, never really had a large number of friends or large social circle, I feel that has hurt me a lot with getting a girlfriend since it seems most people meet their future boyfriend/girlfriend through their social circle/mutual friends, etc. I've never had any luck with online dating either.

I will admit, there are times I sometimes feel bitter and resentful towards women, although I do my best to keep it to myself, I never at all mean any harm towards them, when I say bitter and resentful, I mean I am sort of jealous, envious of women because women don't have to be the initiators, as in the onus is not placed on women to do the approaching and asking out, making the first move, etc.

Even though i'm a straight, heterosexual male, I have often said this to myself in my mind for a while now, I have said that I bet if I was born a girl, I very likely would have had a boyfriend a long time ago.

I doubt many of you people in this forum can think of many people my age and older who have never been in a relationship with the opposite sex before, never had a boyfriend/girlfriend. I feel like my youth will be over once I hit my 30's, will be past my prime.

Reading what you say is very wrong. You're way too young to be this cynical. You're thinking is what makes you seem older than your years. 30 is not "past prime". I am 36 years old and I consider my self young and I haven't had a relationship yet. I am not giving up. Stop listening to what the world says. That is just social convention. Not reality.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2015, 4:56 pm

You're darn right, Sir!

Never give up!

You never know what's on the other side of the mountain.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 2:02 am

I don't know, often it seems like it's all just wishful thinking. I mean, what rational proof that something will happen, do we have?

As Russians say "hope is a mother of fools".

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:12 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

What does that even mean? I'm 34 and don't see much difference between my relationships now and ones ten years ago. Are you over 30? Are you multiple people over 30? If not, how do you know what it's really like, and that it's the same for everyone?

most relationships I've seen or heard of when 30 and up are all about settling down,getting a house, having a kids. I want the 16-25 youthful relationship. tons of sex, spontatnous, adventures, being playful, being romantic, etc.

not the spending all your money on your kids and a house, having to deal with all your kids troubles, no sex due to kids always around, can't be spontanous, you ahve a kid and house you have to be responsible 24/7, etc.

its two different relationships most people get both, some with the same person as it changes to the latter. I've never had the first I not ready nor want to have the latter yet. but its unlikely I'll ever get to have it. women only have until like 40s to have kids so if they want 2-4 properly spaced out then they got to start in their 30s. so they aren't going want to spend 30s to 40s just having youthful fun, most already had bunch of that in there 15-29 years.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:16 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
you might get to enjoy a year or so of youthful relationship
And they might enjoy enjoy their relationship for years after they turn 30.

I intend to enjoy being in a relationship even after I turn 50. Especially if it happens to be with a 20 year old.

never said wouldn't enjoy, people enjoy sitting on a bench with their SO, day after day after day. but they also got the youthful relationship when they were younger. if i was 50 and already had a youthful relationship then i'd be content. but I never did and times out for me to get to experience it :(
women in their 30s see such things as childish. they want a grown man not a child. they want to settle down and have kids. I want kids too but not before I've had a youthful relationship. everything i desire in a relaitonship are related to 15- 25ish couples not 30 and up couples.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:16 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You're darn right, Sir!

Never give up!

You never know what's on the other side of the mountain.

a lot of people can't climb the mountain and will never see the other side of it.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:19 am

314pe wrote:
I don't know, often it seems like it's all just wishful thinking. I mean, what rational proof that something will happen, do we have?

As Russians say "hope is a mother of fools".

its all just lies to get us to shut up. they have no reality in them at all. like telling a person trying to swim across the pacific to just keep going and they'll make it don't turn back and swim home. well reality is no one can swim across the ocean its too far, you're get tired and drown.

hope is a lie, its a natural lie, part of the human survival instinct.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:43 am

sly279 wrote:
most relationships I've seen or heard of when 30 and up are all about settling down,getting a house, having a kids. I want the 16-25 youthful relationship. tons of sex, spontatnous, adventures, being playful, being romantic, etc.

not the spending all your money on your kids and a house, having to deal with all your kids troubles, no sex due to kids always around, can't be spontanous, you ahve a kid and house you have to be responsible 24/7, etc.

its two different relationships most people get both, some with the same person as it changes to the latter. I've never had the first I not ready nor want to have the latter yet. but its unlikely I'll ever get to have it. women only have until like 40s to have kids so if they want 2-4 properly spaced out then they got to start in their 30s. so they aren't going want to spend 30s to 40s just having youthful fun, most already had bunch of that in there 15-29 years.

I frankly do not follow you. Why do you think that being playful and romantic is impossible in a relationship with kids? I simply cannot see these two types of relationships as distinct. All the aspects you bring up seems to be rather independent. For one, when you have kids it's perfectly acceptable to be playful and childish, something that is not true for a couple with no kids, so I even think you got the categories mixed-up. In addition to that, having kids is not only a responsibility, it's also loads of fun and very satisfying, something that you don't seem to understand (maybe people don't understand this until they had kids?).

If I'd make a distinction between types of relationship, I would categorize them as nonverbal (flirting only) and verbal. The former would be what I'd call "youthful", while the latter would be more like standard relationships with more of responsibility. While most of the former occurred in my teens, not all of them did, and notably one of them was with a woman around 30, further questioning that women in their 30s cannot be playful.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:49 am

sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:

same here, I don't want my first girlfriend to become my wife