Do you miss someone right now?

Page 27 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 170  Next

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 6:57 pm

I kind of miss talking with Age1600.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2007, 7:54 pm

JerryHatake wrote:
I kind of miss talking with Age1600.
whered they go?

cerasela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Nov 2007, 8:29 pm

Quote:
There was some hostilities between me & said girl during freshman year.
We got over it & now are friends, much to the dismay of school administration and said girl's crew.

I wanted to write a long reply with examples from my own life about people butting in and trying to tell me what I have to do, but I don't want to be boring. Go ahead and do whatever your heart tells you to!! !
All I have to say:
Quote:
Hate leaves ugly scars, love leaves beautiful ones. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

PS For whoever wants to hurt me (in my professional life, for example) using what I posted in confidence here, watch out, I have a good lawyer.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2007, 7:08 am

Far too much to be healthy.

Love is an illness.

cerasela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Nov 2007, 5:32 pm

Love IS an illness...

[/quote]Love vs. Insanity?
Studies have shown that mental scans of those in love show a striking resemblance to those with a mental illness. Love creates activity in the same area of the brain that hunger, thirst, and drug cravings create activity in. New love, therefore, could possibly be more physical than emotional (though drawing a clear line between physical and emotional is difficult when discussing the brain).

Over time, this reaction to love mellows, and different areas of the brain are activated, primarily ones involving long-term commitments.

Dr. Andrew Newberg, a neuroscientist, suggests that this reaction to love is so similar to that of drugs because without love, humanity would die out.

William Shakespeare wrote in A Midsummer Night's Dream that, "The lunatic, the lover, and the poet/ Are of imagination all compact."[quote]

Also, missing your family can make you sick...when you didn't see them in 6 years or you could not even go to their funerals...but it's all good, we are made from some strange material that renews itself...

PS For whoever wants to hurt me (in my professional life, for example) using what I posted in confidence here, watch out, I have a good lawyer.

SpaceStace
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Nov 2007, 10:42 pm

I miss not feeling alone all the time. I haven't had a boyfriend in so many years, I don't think I know how to be intimate any more. I don't want any of the boyfriends I had long ago back, I'm just sick and tired of always being lonely.

I guess you could say I miss a nameless ghost - the specter of someone not in my past but hopefully in my future, who I hope I meet before I die.

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 12:48 am

I miss...something.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 1:22 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I miss...something.

Me too. But I wonder if it's just a luxury that I crave, and don't need at all.

aspergian_mutant
Veteran
Veteran

27 Nov 2007, 2:09 pm

I miss my son when his mother has him,
:arrow:
I miss my baby when he is not with me.

Last edited by aspergian_mutant on 29 Nov 2007, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

cerasela
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Nov 2007, 5:59 pm

Quote:
I miss not feeling alone all the time. I haven't had a boyfriend in so many years, I don't think I know how to be intimate any more. I don't want any of the boyfriends I had long ago back, I'm just sick and tired of always being lonely.

I guess you could say I miss a nameless ghost - the specter of someone not in my past but hopefully in my future, who I hope I meet before I die.

Ah, yes!! ! I can relate to all this, PLUS...I became a very annoying perfectionist and I am not good enough for myself even anymore, how can I feel good enough to be with someone else...I feel obsessively that I have to do better and better and better etc. craziness, I know... but I can't control the perfectionism, it makes me suffer...at least I am aware of it, so maybe I will be able to weed it out of my already tired brain/life. Or maybe I am traumatized by some bad relation (notice I didn't say relationship) I had with somebody. I was put in hypnosis and I started crying (while in transe), saying that I don't think I am doing good enough with my life and for my daughter, that I should do more...I thought that I was going to "remember" that I was raped as a child, but NO! my subconscious is obsessed with becoming perfect.

Quote:
I miss my son when his mother has him,

aspergian_mutant, I cried so many times (for years now), thinking how much my ex must suffer that he doesn't get to spend enough time with our daughter........my heart goes out to you... and to the child...and to the mom...

Jainaday
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2007, 10:35 pm

I miss a sexy man who jokes about eating kittens and loves calculus as much as I do. . .

*sigh*

silly people and their social lives.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 7:47 pm

I miss my good friend Emelia. Where the hell'd she go?

shadexiii
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2007, 7:53 pm

Yep, still do.

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 9:27 pm

Anubis wrote:

Right, now it's getting worrying.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 9:31 pm

Anubis wrote:
Anubis wrote:

Right, now it's getting worrying.

RL friend or online?

On sabbatical...

Anubis
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2007, 9:37 pm

ShadesOfMe is called Emelia.