If you're 27 and never had a girlfriend, is it too late?

Page 27 of 52 [ 824 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 52  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:54 am

rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
most relationships I've seen or heard of when 30 and up are all about settling down,getting a house, having a kids. I want the 16-25 youthful relationship. tons of sex, spontatnous, adventures, being playful, being romantic, etc.

not the spending all your money on your kids and a house, having to deal with all your kids troubles, no sex due to kids always around, can't be spontanous, you ahve a kid and house you have to be responsible 24/7, etc.

its two different relationships most people get both, some with the same person as it changes to the latter. I've never had the first I not ready nor want to have the latter yet. but its unlikely I'll ever get to have it. women only have until like 40s to have kids so if they want 2-4 properly spaced out then they got to start in their 30s. so they aren't going want to spend 30s to 40s just having youthful fun, most already had bunch of that in there 15-29 years.

I frankly do not follow you. Why do you think that being playful and romantic is impossible in a relationship with kids? I simply cannot see these two types of relationships as distinct. All the aspects you bring up seems to be rather independent. For one, when you have kids it's perfectly acceptable to be playful and childish, something that is not true for a couple with no kids, so I even think you got the categories mixed-up. In addition to that, having kids is not only a responsibility, it's also loads of fun and very satisfying, something that you don't seem to understand (maybe people don't understand this until they had kids?).

If I'd make a distinction between types of relationship, I would categorize them as nonverbal (flirting only) and verbal. The former would be what I'd call "youthful", while the latter would be more like standard relationships with more of responsibility. While most of the former occurred in my teens, not all of them did, and notably one of them was with a woman around 30, further questioning that women in their 30s cannot be playful.

chilidsh = friend/sibling. you need to be a parent. the one in charge not an equal to them. you have to punish them and tell them no. I have seen tons of younger couples without kids are are playful, then they stop when have kids. it all changes. just like you can't have that relationship you had when you were 7 when you are 20.

97% of women I've seen are not playful they are all serious. but women in their early 20s are still playful and like teenagers. they take life less seriously. women in their late 20s -30 are all about seroius, having multiple jobs, paying bills, saving for a house and family. blah.

I want a teenage style relationship to start with. I want to joke around and be playful, build blanket forts, tickle each other, chase each other around then tackle and cuddle.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 3:57 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
sly279 wrote:
yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
nick007 wrote:
WantToHaveALife wrote:
seriously, wish i could punch a random guys lights out for telling me to "Man Up, Be a Man, Grow a Pair"
I've been told that before & think that's total sexist horsesh!t.

I never had my 1st girlfriend till I was 20 & it was a mostly online thing. I didn't have my next one till I was 28 & that also was a mostly online thing. I didn't have my next one till I was 29 & we moved in together around my 30th birthday. I met my 2nd & current girlfriend here on this forum.

you're one of the lucky very very few.

at 30 its all over. so you just barely slipped in. you might get to enjoy a year or so of youthful relationship

What does that even mean? I'm 34 and don't see much difference between my relationships now and ones ten years ago. Are you over 30? Are you multiple people over 30? If not, how do you know what it's really like, and that it's the same for everyone?

most relationships I've seen or heard of when 30 and up are all about settling down,getting a house, having a kids. I want the 16-25 youthful relationship. tons of sex, spontatnous, adventures, being playful, being romantic, etc.

not the spending all your money on your kids and a house, having to deal with all your kids troubles, no sex due to kids always around, can't be spontanous, you ahve a kid and house you have to be responsible 24/7, etc.

its two different relationships most people get both, some with the same person as it changes to the latter. I've never had the first I not ready nor want to have the latter yet. but its unlikely I'll ever get to have it. women only have until like 40s to have kids so if they want 2-4 properly spaced out then they got to start in their 30s. so they aren't going want to spend 30s to 40s just having youthful fun, most already had bunch of that in there 15-29 years.

same here, I don't want my first girlfriend to become my wife

thats not what I'm saying. I want both with the same woman. I would love to and my dream would be the first woman i date becoming my wife. I would be find only having one relationship. it would be ideal for me. From what I've seen its very rare that happens though. :(

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:19 am

sly279 wrote:
chilidsh = friend/sibling. you need to be a parent. the one in charge not an equal to them. you have to punish them and tell them no.

I do? Then I must have failed miserably as a parent. :lol:

I don't buy this NT-crap, and it is this kind of behavior with neurodiverse children that creates children that are uncontrollable, because they won't accept your authority, and there is nothing you can do to force them (other than hit them, which is not legal here at least).

sly279 wrote:
I have seen tons of younger couples without kids are are playful, then they stop when have kids. it all changes. just like you can't have that relationship you had when you were 7 when you are 20.

No doubt NTs.

There is no "you can't have", only "you shouldn't have according to cultural norms", so it is all up to you not to buy the cultural norms set by NTs.

sly279 wrote:
97% of women I've seen are not playful they are all serious. but women in their early 20s are still playful and like teenagers. they take life less seriously. women in their late 20s -30 are all about seroius, having multiple jobs, paying bills, saving for a house and family. blah.

This doesn't go well with your idea that your first gf will become your wife, because what differs between teens and older women is not only seriousness, but mainly willingness to commit. So if you go for teens, don't expect it to last for long, because part of their "playfulness" is that they are only playing with guys as well in order to gain experience, so they don't want to commit to anything serious.

sly279 wrote:
I want a teenage style relationship to start with. I want to joke around and be playful, build blanket forts, tickle each other, chase each other around then tackle and cuddle.

I see no reason why you cannot have this with a woman of any age.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:32 am

disagree its all the I'm your equal do what you want, you're all number 1, never get punished that makes kids don't respect authority and be uncontrollable. then they grow up and committ crimes because they think lifes all about them and they can do whatever they want. I was punished. my mom did not and does not act like my equal. I am good law abiding citizen who cares about others more then myself.

nope, everyone, this isn't a nt only thing.

they'll grow up and out of being playful. if you grow up with them then you stay committed. but no as I said. very very very few people end up married to their first gf.

I'm playful and thats not true. I'm just silly and playful and I find that really attractive in women. I'm not talking about play mind games.

because women of older ages don't want it anymore,they got it when they were younger and filled up now they want a serious relationship. they want a grown ass man, not a kid. well being silly and playful are considered childish. grown ass men are not playful or silly. they dont' get into water gun fights or hide fart cushions. they don't have stuff animals, they don't goof off, they go to work 8+ hours a day, come home work on the yard/car/house, talk about serious stuff help kids with homework then repeat.

look around do people have the same style relations they did as 16 year old that they do as a 35 year old? no.

well I'm not nore do I want to be a grown ass man. I like my inner child. I like being playful. you only find that in younger women.

so its too late for me now. i needed to have a relationship when in highschool or my early 20s where such a personality is accepted and normal. now woemn reject it saying its childish and they want a real man.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 4:38 am

same here, I got this quote from a Female Dating Coach for both women and men, but I think she works with men mostly, this is what she said:

"When women reach a certain age… Usually, after they graduate from college, they reach the point where most of us have dated a lot of guys and we are fed up with dating “little boys” – we are ready to date a REAL Man!"

"If you want a woman to have an image of you as being an immature “little boy,” then go ahead and be that guy who is flaky, forgetful, breaks his promises and commitments frequently, and is hard to count on. Women may overlook things like that when they’re younger, but most women who are in their mid-20s and older are fed up with dating little boys and are turned off quickly by a guy who shows he is unreliable".

That sucks for us older guys

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 5:14 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:
same here, I got this quote from a Female Dating Coach for both women and men, but I think she works with men mostly, this is what she said:

"When women reach a certain age… Usually, after they graduate from college, they reach the point where most of us have dated a lot of guys and we are fed up with dating “little boys” – we are ready to date a REAL Man!"

OK, but if this is true (which it might be for NT women), it means that if you are like a "little boy", even if your gf initially likes you that way, she will dump you when she leaves college. So you cannot have a wife that likes you as a "little boy", you need to become a real man. Do you want such a wife? Remember that it is your choice, you don't have to accept this kind of behavior. Since not all women are like that, it makes it a real choice. You can chose a woman that like playfulness and "little boy" traits (except being irresponsible, which you don't want to be) that has left college so you know she is unlikely to change into one that wants a "real man".

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 6:07 am

sly279 wrote:
disagree its all the I'm your equal do what you want, you're all number 1, never get punished that makes kids don't respect authority and be uncontrollable.

Disagree. If you explain rules so the can understand them, you never need to use authority, and you can be friends with your kids, not some controlling monster.

sly279 wrote:
then they grow up and committ crimes because they think lifes all about them and they can do whatever they want. I was punished. my mom did not and does not act like my equal. I am good law abiding citizen who cares about others more then myself.

My kids (20 and 22 years old) are both law-abiding citizens, and in addition to that, we are still best friends, unlike many control freaks that never, ever, will reach that state.

sly279 wrote:

It is a NT thing. ND children need you to explain rules, while NT children will be content with you saying "no". In fact, this differs little when they become adults, as many ND people dislike hierarchy and authority.

sly279 wrote:
I'm playful and thats not true. I'm just silly and playful and I find that really attractive in women. I'm not talking about play mind games.

I cannot see how playful doesn't include playing mind games. It's connected. You do know that role playing (which include mind games) is a ND trait?? You get that for free with many ND girls, regardless of age.

sly279 wrote:
because women of older ages don't want it anymore,they got it when they were younger and filled up now they want a serious relationship. they want a grown ass man, not a kid. well being silly and playful are considered childish. grown ass men are not playful or silly. they dont' get into water gun fights or hide fart cushions. they don't have stuff animals, they don't goof off, they go to work 8+ hours a day, come home work on the yard/car/house, talk about serious stuff help kids with homework then repeat.

All NT-stuff. You do know that many adult NDs have stuff animals, are childish and like silly pranks? You seem to be like that at age 27, so why don't you think ND women couldn't?

sly279 wrote:
look around do people have the same style relations they did as 16 year old that they do as a 35 year old? no.

Yes. I do.

sly279 wrote:
well I'm not nore do I want to be a grown ass man. I like my inner child. I like being playful. you only find that in younger women.

so its too late for me now. i needed to have a relationship when in highschool or my early 20s where such a personality is accepted and normal. now woemn reject it saying its childish and they want a real man.

It seems like somebody have fooled you into believing that people always need to "grow-up" in a set order. First you get friends, then you date in your teens, and finally you get kids in your 30s, right? If you miss one of these "milestones", you are forever doomed if you cannot achieve it at 27, right? Wrong. It doesn't work like that. I never had any friends, I never dated as a teen, yet I married around 30 and got kids.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 6:27 am

WantToHaveALife wrote:

Everyone went college but me :x

No wonder I have trouble with girls. I missed the most vital step. The part where I learn employable skills by day and girl skills by night.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 7:39 am

rdos wrote:
First you get friends, then you date in your teens, and finally you get kids in your 30s, right? If you miss one of these "milestones", you are forever doomed if you cannot achieve it at 27, right? Wrong. It doesn't work like that. I never had any friends, I never dated as a teen, yet I married around 30 and got kids.

They're not milestones, they're signs that you're an acquired taste and it won't easy for you to find someone compatible. It may take a while or it may not happen at all.

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jul 2015, 2:23 pm

I'm following this topic and find people depressing. I visited a historic house in Nashville where the man got married at 53 and had 3 children. I'm 53 now. Different people travel different paths and have different experiences. Your experiences are not necessarily ant worse or better than anyone elses. I certainly have not given up hope. One thing that attracts people is a positive attitude. You guys certainly aren't going to find a relationship if you keep being downers.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 Jul 2015, 2:39 pm

I imagine the likelihood of getting into a relationship probably decreases with age the longer you go without, some might find somebody at an older age but others won't. Its depressing that so many of us seem destined to be alone, you can hold out hope until the end but if nothing ever comes of it then it seems just like one big waste of time.

yams
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

Location: San Jose, California, United States of America, Earth

23 Jul 2015, 2:45 pm

I don't understand the fixation on drama and ruining the earth with more overpopulation. Relationships are for insecure people.

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2015, 8:18 pm

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
you might get to enjoy a year or so of youthful relationship
And they might enjoy enjoy their relationship for years after they turn 30.

I intend to enjoy being in a relationship even after I turn 50. Especially if it happens to be with a 20 year old.

never said wouldn't enjoy, people enjoy sitting on a bench with their SO, day after day after day. but they also got the youthful relationship when they were younger. if i was 50 and already had a youthful relationship then i'd be content. but I never did and times out for me to get to experience it :(
women in their 30s see such things as childish. they want a grown man not a child. they want to settle down and have kids. I want kids too but not before I've had a youthful relationship. everything i desire in a relaitonship are related to 15- 25ish couples not 30 and up couples.

My partner and I spend a lot of our time together playing silly boardgames, writing each other silly texts, saying silly things, and anything else fun and playful. We are in our mid thirties and don't plan to stop the fun any time soon.

sly279 wrote:

I don't know, I don't follow couples into their homes and watch what fun they get up to in private.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 12:33 am

rdos wrote:
sly279 wrote:
disagree its all the I'm your equal do what you want, you're all number 1, never get punished that makes kids don't respect authority and be uncontrollable.

Disagree. If you explain rules so the can understand them, you never need to use authority, and you can be friends with your kids, not some controlling monster.

sly279 wrote:
then they grow up and committ crimes because they think lifes all about them and they can do whatever they want. I was punished. my mom did not and does not act like my equal. I am good law abiding citizen who cares about others more then myself.

My kids (20 and 22 years old) are both law-abiding citizens, and in addition to that, we are still best friends, unlike many control freaks that never, ever, will reach that state.

sly279 wrote:

It is a NT thing. ND children need you to explain rules, while NT children will be content with you saying "no". In fact, this differs little when they become adults, as many ND people dislike hierarchy and authority.

sly279 wrote:

I cannot see how playful doesn't include playing mind games. It's connected. You do know that role playing (which include mind games) is a ND trait?? You get that for free with many ND girls, regardless of age.

sly279 wrote:

All NT-stuff. You do know that many adult NDs have stuff animals, are childish and like silly pranks? You seem to be like that at age 27, so why don't you think ND women couldn't?

sly279 wrote:

Yes. I do.

sly279 wrote:

It seems like somebody have fooled you into believing that people always need to "grow-up" in a set order. First you get friends, then you date in your teens, and finally you get kids in your 30s, right? If you miss one of these "milestones", you are forever doomed if you cannot achieve it at 27, right? Wrong. It doesn't work like that. I never had any friends, I never dated as a teen, yet I married around 30 and got kids.

mind game example. liking a guy , but telling him, you hate him. flirting with him but anytime he talks to you insulting him and saying you hate him. . no thanks. or wanting one thing but doing another thing. thats not playful playful is playing tag, hide and seek, being silly, making forts, gooffing off etc with your spouse. I don't play mind games. but I am very playful.

I don't want a ND girl. they aren't very nice and cuddly. though nt and nd women seem to be very similar except the nd will have problems socializing. aspergers is a social disorder it makes socializing hard. doesn't mean they won't be like nts in other ways.

in general men are simi expected to be childish, men mature slower then women so its socially expected for women to be more mature.

no . one is doomed to never get the teenage relationship. you could still though unlikely get married and have kids ans have an responsible/serious adult relationship. but thats not the kind of relationship I desire. one day after having the youthful one yes, but I want the youthful one first.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 12:37 am

yellowtamarin wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
you might get to enjoy a year or so of youthful relationship
And they might enjoy enjoy their relationship for years after they turn 30.

I intend to enjoy being in a relationship even after I turn 50. Especially if it happens to be with a 20 year old.

never said wouldn't enjoy, people enjoy sitting on a bench with their SO, day after day after day. but they also got the youthful relationship when they were younger. if i was 50 and already had a youthful relationship then i'd be content. but I never did and times out for me to get to experience it :(
women in their 30s see such things as childish. they want a grown man not a child. they want to settle down and have kids. I want kids too but not before I've had a youthful relationship. everything i desire in a relaitonship are related to 15- 25ish couples not 30 and up couples.

My partner and I spend a lot of our time together playing silly boardgames, writing each other silly texts, saying silly things, and anything else fun and playful. We are in our mid thirties and don't plan to stop the fun any time soon.

sly279 wrote:

I don't know, I don't follow couples into their homes and watch what fun they get up to in private.

but you've already said you're not like most women. so that doesn't help me as you're already taken and never would dated me anyways. I've found a few 25-28 women who were playful they had many many suitors and as such rejected me. I'm not the only guy who wants playful woman. I assume most men do. most women though aren't and don't want a playful guy. I wonder why this is. why such a large gap in compatible mates. perhaps because playful and silly guys make poor protectors and providers?

yellowtamarin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2015, 1:41 am

sly279 wrote:
I don't want a ND girl. they aren't very nice and cuddly.

sly279 wrote:
most women though aren't and don't want a playful guy.

No wonder you struggle to find a decent girl who likes you, when you have these opinions of them. You want an NT woman who is playful and wants a playful partner, and you believe there are very few of these. Your views on women really do restrict your options and chances.