I don't want to date poor people

Page 29 of 35 [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 2:09 am

sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish there were more Aussie girls here for you to ask out, RetroGamer. Lots of girls here are actually pretty nice.

O.o where ar they hiding.

Wow sly, you are so nice. I really wonder why you can't find a girlfriend.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 2:42 am

Peacesells wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I wish there were more Aussie girls here for you to ask out, RetroGamer. Lots of girls here are actually pretty nice.

Because I didn't notice the "here"

Pretty sure people are already well aware that you hate me so you don't have to keep poking at me any chance you get.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 2:48 am

sly279 wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
sly279 wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Because I didn't notice the "here"

Pretty sure people are already well aware that you hate me so you don't have to keep poking at me any chance you get.
Is it my fault if you leave things out when you read? Not that it makes it much better.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 4:26 am

uhm...no one is better than another here, we are all in the same shitboat.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2016, 5:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
uhm...no one is better than another here, we are all in the same shitboat.

Aye, Captain!

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 12:05 pm

We talk and talk and talk...

and she will still not date poor
people.

So it's pointless.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 12:44 pm

This topic is also 5 years old so.....the op is probably not about to see your points

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

^ and still she would not date poor people.

Anyway, ladies...listen... this is something that you should all know about; I am gonna be extremely extremely blunt in this, take notes - especially if you are struggling in dating and you want to increase your chances to make men approach you:

Like how women usually collectively hate men who are sex-seeker and players , we men - in the manosphere, - when we are a in room only men talking without any female presence, and when men talk about women: there's nothing more commonly and collectively hated and despised than the gold-diggers.

And yes, all men - of all sizes, old and young, education levels and classes - no exception. And the ones who would willingly go for usually view them as sex-to-money kind of exchange deal.

And there are plenty types of them, the obvious ones, the subtle ones and the ones who claim to be 'pragmatic' but in fact money is more important to them than love.

The older we get, the better we develop skill to recognize them all, and we can smell them by miles.

And like women often warn each other about players and sex maniacs, men also often warn each other from money seekers and gold diggers ie. "hey, don't waste your time with that gal, she only is after money....<little story about a short encounter with her>".

And men - probably for a good reason and cumulative experiences - are so quickly judgmental about that and quickly would put a woman in the "gold digger zone" for the slightest sign or vibe of it - in a merciless way. At times unfairly.

For instance if a girl in office talked so excitedly about her weekend date's expensive car - you would see guys subtly rolling eyes to each other, and I can guarantee you that 99% of them would goldigger-zone her for good - and everyone(male) would avoid dating her, at least seriously, like a plague.

Or even if she complains about her bf's low salary, or some WOW reaction to some guy driving expensive car....etc.....any slight sign..... *puff* goldigger zoned, instantly.

I recall an incident, where a newly hired colleague in my previous work office kept talking like for an hour excitedly about her boyfriend's senior engineer position and his parent's big house - and once she left the room , my male colleague was like 'she is a nice girl, but too bad she loves money too much' - and that came from a guy who is a son of a rich famous surgeon; the other guys agreed.

And most men keep constantly vigilant and checking for any gold-digging signs from a woman they're dating, even frequently - my best friend, who was also my coworker, told me how he first kept dropping hints and subtle questions to his gf back then (who's his wife now) like "I am still building my future, and we may live in a tiny house and not in perfect condition, would you accept this" - and watched for her reactions - he watched her reaction when he first picked up with his poorly-condition car too, and he told me that she was unlike all the other girls he dated before and that's why he married her.

In fact, when our office went bankrupt , she kept sticked with him for 6 months while he's jobless, despite that she just works as a junior kindergarten teacher, so she doesn't make much. In the other hands, two seniors got divorced just after few month of the bankrupt - despite their wives worked in good positions elsewhere.

That just to tell you, why we (men) are usually paranoid about this - and I was to think that these men exaggerate but after getting some dating experience after 30.... hell no, it's not something uncommon, it's not uncommon at all. I understand now why most men are so paranoid about this...."social disease".

And yes, most would label the OP as gold-digger too.

So if you're single and seek and don't want to be viewed as one, be very careful what you talk about when it comes to money.

PS: I have seem the same phenomena among men in Turkey, and Czech Republic (and among male colleagues there who are of different nationalities: Brits, Italians, Czechs...etc) and - so it's not only limited within some culture.

/ The most non-political post on WP ever. But this is a reality.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 5:49 pm

they don't call it "the war between the sexes" for nothing. :|

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 6:49 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If only my parents were farmers or auto mechanics.... then I would have been an Australian citizen by now, like my cousins.
Would you really want to grow up learning western laziness? We Australians are the worst offenders. Our culture doesn't value education.

KimD
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 8:20 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ and still she would not date poor people.

Anyway, ladies...listen... this is something that you should all know about; I am gonna be extremely extremely blunt in this, take notes - especially if you are struggling in dating and you want to increase your chances to make men approach you:

Like how women usually collectively hate men who are sex-seeker and players , we men - in the manosphere, - when we are a in room only men talking without any female presence, and when men talk about women: there's nothing more commonly and collectively hated and despised than the gold-diggers.

And yes, all men - of all sizes, old and young, education levels and classes - no exception. And the ones who would willingly go for usually view them as sex-to-money kind of exchange deal.

And there are plenty types of them, the obvious ones, the subtle ones and the ones who claim to be 'pragmatic' but in fact money is more important to them than love.

The older we get, the better we develop skill to recognize them all, and we can smell them by miles.

And like women often warn each other about players and sex maniacs, men also often warn each other from money seekers and gold diggers ie. "hey, don't waste your time with that gal, she only is after money....<little story about a short encounter with her>".

And men - probably for a good reason and cumulative experiences - are so quickly judgmental about that and quickly would put a woman in the "gold digger zone" for the slightest sign or vibe of it - in a merciless way. At times unfairly.

For instance if a girl in office talked so excitedly about her weekend date's expensive car - you would see guys subtly rolling eyes to each other, and I can guarantee you that 99% of them would goldigger-zone her for good - and everyone(male) would avoid dating her, at least seriously, like a plague.

Or even if she complains about her bf's low salary, or some WOW reaction to some guy driving expensive car....etc.....any slight sign..... *puff* goldigger zoned, instantly.

I recall an incident, where a newly hired colleague in my previous work office kept talking like for an hour excitedly about her boyfriend's senior engineer position and his parent's big house - and once she left the room , my male colleague was like 'she is a nice girl, but too bad she loves money too much' - and that came from a guy who is a son of a rich famous surgeon; the other guys agreed.

And most men keep constantly vigilant and checking for any gold-digging signs from a woman they're dating, even frequently - my best friend, who was also my coworker, told me how he first kept dropping hints and subtle questions to his gf back then (who's his wife now) like "I am still building my future, and we may live in a tiny house and not in perfect condition, would you accept this" - and watched for her reactions - he watched her reaction when he first picked up with his poorly-condition car too, and he told me that she was unlike all the other girls he dated before and that's why he married her.

In fact, when our office went bankrupt , she kept sticked with him for 6 months while he's jobless, despite that she just works as a junior kindergarten teacher, so she doesn't make much. In the other hands, two seniors got divorced just after few month of the bankrupt - despite their wives worked in good positions elsewhere.

That just to tell you, why we (men) are usually paranoid about this - and I was to think that these men exaggerate but after getting some dating experience after 30.... hell no, it's not something uncommon, it's not uncommon at all. I understand now why most men are so paranoid about this...."social disease".

And yes, most would label the OP as gold-digger too.

So if you're single and seek and don't want to be viewed as one, be very careful what you talk about when it comes to money.

PS: I have seem the same phenomena among men in Turkey, and Czech Republic (and among male colleagues there who are of different nationalities: Brits, Italians, Czechs...etc) and - so it's not only limited within some culture.

/ The most non-political post on WP ever. But this is a reality.

It may be of little comfort to you (and other men in general), but a lot of us women have little/no respect for gold-diggers, ourselves. Personally, I think of them as "money whores," and they make me sick.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 8:47 pm

Is there such a thing as a gold digging man?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 9:12 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

No they're called boy toys which is when a rich woman gets a super attractive poor guy.
----->Most<--- (not all)women won't date poor men. So there's no chance for guys to date women for their money. As boo and others have pointed out ----->most<----(not all)women date up.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 9:27 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:

Young(er) men preying on old(er) women for their money are usually called "gigolos", correctly or not. It doesn't necessarily have to be an age difference, back in the day rich heiresses were targeted by broke men and it's not that unusual for rich women to be targeted by con-artists, usually under the pretence of love. The field might level up quite a bit in the future.

I have a colleague who refuses to marry his long-time girlfriend because she has a lot of debt. Most people don't think he's being materialistic, just sensible.

Alliekit
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2016, 10:06 pm

sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

No they're called boy toys which is when a rich woman gets a super attractive poor guy.
----->Most<--- (not all)women won't date poor men. So there's no chance for guys to date women for their money. As boo and others have pointed out ----->most<----(not all)women date up.

That's not necessarily true. There is this phenomenon where some women feel the need to take care of a guy and provide for him out of some motherly instinct which can be taken advantage of. I'm not saying it's common but it does happen.

Also I cannot say I'm a fan of gold diggers of either gender, or of anyone who wants a relationship for ulterior motives. This whole idea of trying to use people's affection for yourself makes me sad.

I think it's so common for women because in a almost evolutionary way some view it as a means to take care of offspring. As I've said before I will happily 'date down' and do because he is a good man who works hard. Weirdly it never actually occurred to me until I joined this site.

Out of curiosity do you lads ever find yourself misjudging people about being a golddigger? I know some of us women have judged some men wrongly about the wanting only sex (something my dad always told me about teen boys and young men)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2016, 12:04 am

Alliekit wrote:
sly279 wrote:
RetroGamer87 wrote:

That's not necessarily true. There is this phenomenon where some women feel the need to take care of a guy and provide for him out of some motherly instinct which can be taken advantage of. I'm not saying it's common but it does happen.

Also I cannot say I'm a fan of gold diggers of either gender, or of anyone who wants a relationship for ulterior motives. This whole idea of trying to use people's affection for yourself makes me sad.

I think it's so common for women because in a almost evolutionary way some view it as a means to take care of offspring. As I've said before I will happily 'date down' and do because he is a good man who works hard. Weirdly it never actually occurred to me until I joined this site.

Out of curiosity do you lads ever find yourself misjudging people about being a golddigger? I know some of us women have judged some men wrongly about the wanting only sex (something my dad always told me about teen boys and young men)

As I said, sometimes you would unfairly be labeled as one - and using evo psych as an attempt to justify a such common human behavior wouldn't help. :p

Like for example if you over-talk excitely about your bf's expensive gifts and keep flashing them, - a lot of men would start viewing you as one, even if the price of the gifts isn't exactly what's making you happy.

Unfair or not, this paranoia among men exists - like how women's paranoia from players or even potential offends exist.

And gold diggers of all their kinds exist too - and this will not change anytime soon.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 08 Oct 2016, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.