Do you miss someone right now?

Page 30 of 170 [ 2710 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 170  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 6:49 am

Santa Claus. I know that I'll see him again, in eleven months, though. I always do. :rendeer:

SheDevil
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jan 2008, 1:05 pm

There are a few that I miss. The sad thing is, the ones I miss the most are right in front of me. I may see them every day and I may talk to them every day, but they are not the same. Or, is it possible I am the one that did all the changing?

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2008, 1:13 pm

SheDevil wrote:
There are a few that I miss. The sad thing is, the ones I miss the most are right in front of me. I may see them every day and I may talk to them every day, but they are not the same. Or, is it possible I am the one that did all the changing?

I know what you mean by this. I am OK now, but for a long time I missed terribly a friend who decided not to talk to me anymore. I saw her everyday at work and she would talk to everyone else and not me. I just wanted things to be back like they were before. It still hurts me actually, but to a lesser extent. The only way I have been able to accept it is by concluding that she was never really the way I thought she was and that what I am missing was always a lie anyway. But I still wonder constantly how she could be like that and how she could do what she did to me.

picklepuss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Jan 2008, 10:35 pm

SheDevil wrote:

...are you aspie? How did you change?

SheDevil
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Jan 2008, 1:19 am

Thank you for the compliment, no sarcasm meant. No 100% NT. I feel like I have lost my connection with people. I use to joke w/ a friend that I caught his AS. Now, my connection to that friend is gone. We may say hello or send a quick email, but there is no connect, not any more. It may as well be the neighbor down the street that I don't know their name. It's painful - feeling that friendship hit the skids hurt more than I thought possible.

Let's say it's 3AM and you are having a crisis, doesn't matter what, pick one. How many people do you have in your life that you can call at 3 AM to help you, or better yet, how many would call you......even if it's just talking and does not require you to go anywhere? (and no fair naming an aspie that is up all night and sleeps by day - for that friend, your crisis is at 10 AM). You suddenly went from talking for hours to lucky if you talk for 5 minutes. I had a girlfriend like that, too. We were best friends for years. This feeling of disconnect crossed over into the casual acquaintance category and the potential dates, too, I have totally pissed them off. .

I don't know if that helps explain it better or not.....MadScientist, you described the abrupt disconnect pretty well. Interesting, thought, and of course, an oh so logical explanation. They weren't who you thought they were. Picklepuss.....I don't know who changed. I just know I don't like it. Unfortunately, Aspies and NT's get equal time on this issue. I just know more that will deny it than admit it.

Thanks for the whine.

picklepuss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2008, 2:17 am

My best friend and I have "broken up" more times than I can count. Some of those breakups have been sudden and intense- fueled by acute conflict but, more often than not, they were no more than a fizzle-out. Hardly noticeable, really, aside from my friend's absence. I think relationships change naturally over time and sometimes they simply run their course and end. I find this is most often the case in relationships where there is little to no reciprocity- each person assuming a role, if you will. That was always the case with my friend and I. Our conversations were one-sided as she was forever dealing with one personal tragedy or another. Me- I could barely listen to her and never really said much but, I suppose, knowing I was there was good enough for her. In my early 20's the house I was living in at the time burnt to the ground and I called her. She said that she was sorry for me and then began to tell me about a boy she liked(this led to one of the many breakups, by the way). She would never change. I didn't change. We weren't / aren't on the same planet and it took a while to work that out because we really had a lot of good times. Sometimes I miss her. Mostly I don't. We chat online at times and that's where it needs to stay. I guess we're "back together" in a way, just different. It's the relationship that evolves, not the person, and it can be painful.
The person I miss most often is my partner(who is sitting 6-12 inches away from my toes right now). There is deep love buried under miscommunication, miscommunication, miscommunication, his work consumes him as do the "side-projects", he consumes me and so it goes. Take away the computer and the bright lights and my fears and it's all better. I have no words for strong emotions and no effective way of conveying them. He lashes out at the slightest hint of conflict. Or completely withdraws. This happens several times a week and I miss him then. He misses me too.
Time for bed.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2008, 12:34 pm

My best female friend and I broke up permantely over Winter Break.
We are in a Lit/Comp class together, so I ditched the class so that way I can give her some space.

picklepuss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Jan 2008, 3:25 pm

Additionally, the only person I ever think to call in the event of a crisis is mom or dad or sister. I'd feel like a burden calling anyone else. Sad, really...
My boyfriend is helpful in a crisis as well but he lives with me and never sleeps.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2008, 4:19 pm

One of my friends in college. I really miss him. I havent seen him for two months, Im excited, Im coming back to college and I'll get to see him again in less then a week so. We live approx 2000 miles apart.

We meet 6 months ago at a summer program. During our first semester of college, the pressure was really mounting upon me. Me being a socially anxious, depressed aspie went insane. So I pushed him more then Ive ever pushed anyone outside of my immediate family in my life. But were still friends and I give him credit for managing to put up with me, cause Im a difficult person to put up with. Hes my first close friend in the 19 years of my life so our friendship means a lot to me. We talk 2-3 times on phone a week for like 2 hours. Mainly cause I call him up.

WinterRose
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2008, 1:27 pm

Yes, to many sometimes.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 3:51 am

Hmmm seeing as I lost all my high school friends after I quit the drug scene a year and a half ago... And I only have one friend left, and no girlfriend... you'd think I'd miss someone... But I don't. Strange...

merrymadscientist
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 6:51 am

Legato wrote:
Hmmm seeing as I lost all my high school friends after I quit the drug scene a year and a half ago... And I only have one friend left, and no girlfriend... you'd think I'd miss someone... But I don't. Strange...

This isnt strange at all - I find that if I have friends I miss them when Im not with them. But if I have noone I am completely happy alone.

Legato
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2008, 11:23 pm

merrymadscientist wrote:
Legato wrote:

This isnt strange at all - I find that if I have friends I miss them when Im not with them. But if I have noone I am completely happy alone.

Likewise.

That's so sad, but true.

mel01
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jan 2008, 1:32 am

i have missed myself lately,have spent so much time stressing about how i think i should be, that sometimes i forget who i am for a while :(

Pikachu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2008, 8:32 pm

I miss Mish (you all know who by now), I want to chat to her soon, she'll make me feel happy

right now I feel sad :(

Allegedly away with the fairies for 6-7 years

Berserker
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 12:08 am

Yes, I miss someone. He isn't online. DX