Page 4 of 7 [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:16 pm

I'm blaming the area because it's not the perimeter's fault.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
:lmao:

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:24 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

First you adopt Boo's avatar, now you're channeling Moog!

What's up with that? :wink:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:25 pm

^ You are just jealous because no girl here is adopting your avatar nor is channeling you.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2011, 2:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I live in a conservative area (far western Beirut) while I am atheist and liberal,I never had a girlfriend (sure there are all sorts of liberals and moderates here but the majority are fairly religious whether they're Christians or Muslims). My family are also part of the Shiaa community, the most conservative community over here.

But I have two colleagues who are also atheist and very liberal, I knew the first guy for 5 years and I have yet to see him without a girlfriend, the other guy is already engaged. Both are also from a very conservative community too (The Chouf's Druzes) not much less conservative than the one I came from.

So it's Lebanon/Beirut or me? Certainly it's me.

So just because It maybe you in this case, you automatically think that anyone who dares to blame their area is lying? BS.

And the whole liberal/atheist thing isn't really much to go by seeing as there many different types of liberals and atheists.

hale_bopp wrote:

Yeah just ignore any legit reason someone may have have blaming their area. ugh :roll:

Last edited by Freak-Z on 08 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:26 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ You are just jealous because no girl here is adopting your avatar nor is channeling you.

If I agree to *channel* someone, can I charge $4.99 a minute for it?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:28 pm

Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
I live in a conservative area (far western Beirut) while I am atheist and liberal,I never had a girlfriend (sure there are all sorts of liberals and moderates here but the majority are fairly religious whether they're Christians or Muslims). My family are also part of the Shiaa community, the most conservative community over here.

But I have two colleagues who are also atheist and very liberal, I knew the first guy for 5 years and I have yet to see him without a girlfriend, the other guy is already engaged. Both are also from a very conservative community too (The Chouf's Druzes) not much less conservative than the one I came from.

So just because It maybe you in this case, you automatically think that anyone who dares to blare their area is lying? BS.

And the whole liberal/atheist thing isn't really much to go by seeing as there many different types of liberals and atheists.

hale_bopp wrote:

Yeah just ignore any legit reason someone may have have blaming their area. ugh :roll:

What's the name of your town? I want to google it.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:29 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Busted... :oops:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

Grisha wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Busted... :oops:

*Tapping on back*

It's ok man, some some males are born e-alphas, others are born e-omegas. However, that "e-" doesn't always reflect reality. C'est la vie.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 08 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

So just because It maybe you in this case, you automatically think that anyone who dares to blare their area is lying? BS.

hale_bopp wrote:

What's the name of your town? I want to google it.

Why? google isn't going to tell you anything about the people that live there.

I don't understand why you find this so hard to believe that sometimes whole towns are full of sh***y people.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 3:02 pm

Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You people must be really have a non-aspie typically social lifestyle in order to meet a significant sample of people in your area.

Seriously, are you really diagnosed aspies or you just doubt to have it?

What? you DON'T have to have an active social life to know what people in your town are like.
Yes. You. Do.

How about actually talking to people and get to know them rather than just blowing them off right off the bat and judging them at face value? It is usually people like you that don't put themselves out there that make up generalizations to fill the void from a lack of interactions.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

08 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
You people must be really have a non-aspie typically social lifestyle in order to meet a significant sample of people in your area.

What? you DON'T have to have an active social life to know what people in your town are like.
Yes. You. Do.

How about actually talking to people and get to know them rather than just blowing them off right off the bat and judging them at face value? It is usually people like you that don't put themselves out there that make up generalizations to fill the void from a lack of interactions.

What about people who cant soczilize because the people blow them off & judge them because they are a minority race

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 3:18 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes. You. Do.

lol what if it's the idiots that spend time in their homes and not go out? :P how would you go about getting to know them then?

Freak-Z
Toucan
Toucan

08 Aug 2011, 3:28 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes. You. Do.

No. You. Don't. (see I can do that to) You can get a good idea of what a person is like without ever engaging in conversation with them. Just by observing the way they act.

I never said that I completely blow people off right off the bat, I blow them off based on how they act. Judging some one at face value? you mean like everyone does? Some examples:

If you dress like a chav, walk like a chav and talk like a chav, chances are that you are a chav.

If you dress like a emo/scene kid, walk like a emo/scene and talk like a emo/scene, chances are that you are a emo/scene kid.

I could go on and on. Everybody judges at face value and most of the time they are right.

Why should I 'put myself out there' ? If It just ends in disappointment. And what void would that be? You see I really don't care that I don't interact with people much. I would rather be a loner than have to interact with a bunch of idiots.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 3:46 pm

anna-banana wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes. You. Do.

lol what if it's the idiots that spend time in their homes and not go out? :P how would you go about getting to know them then?
I don't know kick in their doors, tell them to get out of their basements, and have a few drinks with them at their porch? lol

Freak-Z wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes. You. Do.

No. You. Don't. (see I can do that to)
OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR.

Freak-Z wrote:
You can get a good idea of what a person is like without ever engaging in conversation with them. Just by observing the way they act.
No, you get an idea of how they are in public. Try talking to them one on one.

Freak-Z wrote:
I never said that I completely blow people off right off the bat, I blow them off based on how they act. Judging some one at face value? you mean like everyone does? Some examples

If you dress like a chav, walk like a chav and talk like a chav, chances are that you are a chav.

If you dress like a emo/scene kid, walk like a emo/scene and talk like a emo/scne, chances are that you are a emo/scene kid.
Sure there's some subcultural stuff they conform to but not every chick that wears TNA jeans or abercrombie is a stupid ditz or a gossipy drama queen. I knew a preppy chick who had an IQ of 140 and wasn't into petty BS. Besides we're talking about a whole town, not a few subcultures within a town.

Freak-Z wrote:
Why should I 'put myself' out there ? If It just in ends in disappointment. And what void would that be? You see I really don't care that I don't interact with people much. I would rather be a loner than have to interact with a bunch of idiots.
Ok have fun with that. You can be arrogant and generalize about your whole town based on your limited interactions, or you can wise up and realize seeing someone walk down the street doesn't count as knowing them well enough to accurately judge them.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2011, 4:13 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
anna-banana wrote:
AceOfSpades wrote:
Freak-Z wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Yes. You. Do.

I don't know kick in their doors, tell them to get out of their basements, and have a few drinks with them at their porch? lol

is that what you do in Cambodia? why am I not surprised :wink: :lol:

seriously though all towns and all mentalities are slightly different and not only are most people conformists (so they act like the herd they're in) but such areas also tend to attract similar crowds. if you're unlucky enough to be ill-suited to the mentality of the area you grew up in, and you're not willing/unable to conform, you're kinda screwed.

I for one am a serial immigrant so I think I know what I'm talking 'bout! :P