Shaming Tactics against males.

Page 4 of 10 [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:04 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
His post is titled "Manipulating women" , if you aren't a manipulating woman then you shouldn't feel targeted.

if you look over my posts you will see i did not say anything about my own personal feelings. i do not feel targeted.

if he had a post entitled "Manipulating Asians" i would just as easily call it hateful (based on content), and it would have nothing to do with me personally.

If Fnord posted titled "Jerk Lebanese" or "bastard Middle Easterns" , I wouldn't feel offended per se because I know he's just trying to troll.

He's trolling you and you're falling for it.

You have been on the board for a while and so are familiar with Fnord. But a lot of people are not. They will take him at face value. Which is ultimately how things should be.

Well fnord's disclaimer was pretty clear tho.

Anyways, sometimes I see such sexist joke lists (women do this, men do that...etc) on facebook posts/ pasted emails from others .... and it seems NTs of both genders never make a fuss about them, they just may reply with something like 'lol' and go on with their lives.

We aspies take things too seriously.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 07 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:05 pm

I can't believe I wasted my time reading all of this.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

Honestly I just read the first one and stopped.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:07 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
His post is titled "Manipulating women" , if you aren't a manipulating woman then you shouldn't feel targeted.

if you look over my posts you will see i did not say anything about my own personal feelings. i do not feel targeted.

if he had a post entitled "Manipulating Asians" i would just as easily call it hateful (based on content), and it would have nothing to do with me personally.

If Fnord posted titled "Jerk Lebanese" or "bastard Middle Easterns" , I wouldn't feel offended per se because I know he's just trying to troll.

You have been on the board for a while and so are familiar with Fnord. But a lot of people are not. They will take him at face value. Which is ultimately how things should be.

Anyways, sometimes I see such sexist joke lists (women do this, men do that...etc) on facebook posts/ pasted emails from others .... and it seems NTs of both genders never make a fuss about them, they just may reply with something like 'lol' and go on with their lives.

I think you're discounting context

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:13 pm

Moog wrote:

Well ... this thread is entitled "Shaming Tactics Against Males". All I did was list a few of the tactics that SOME women use against males in greater detail.

So if my post is "out of line" then the stated purpose of this thread is also, and maybe it should be locked.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 5:15 pm

Being offended is a choice, anyway I've posted sooooo much worse.

Quote:
mathematically, this is the case. for every woman who gets taken off the market, there is a man to match.

What about alpha stags who maintain harems of 3 or 4 girlfriends, plus have 10 or so female orbiters (who may as well be off the market).

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:19 pm

Moog wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Ok Moog, I've read it all now, and honestly, it's just about Manipulating Women, some points sound too unrealistic to me tho and can hardly happen, regardless how real or false they are .., hyperlexian and other women shouldn't feel related to it.

The equivalent of this post is TheyGoMew's famous Djiha'd thread against PUA guys and PUA believers, just replace "PUA guys" with "Manipulating women" ..... same.....

I didn't feel offended by TheyGoMew's thread because I am neither a PUA guy nor into PUA stuff and "Game" (what the hell is this "Game" anyways??) even if it was bitching about a category of people who are mostly males....

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 07 Sep 2011, 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:19 pm

Fnord wrote:
Moog wrote:

Well ... this thread is entitled "Shaming Tactics Against Males". All I did was list a few of the tactics that SOME women use against males in greater detail.

So if my post is "out of line" then the stated purpose of this thread is also, and maybe it should be locked.

Yeah, thinking about it

Might just shut L&D *gurn*

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:23 pm

Quote:
What about alpha stags who maintain harems of 3 or 4 girlfriends, plus have 10 or so female orbiters (who may as well be off the market).

And all 3-4 are faithful to him alone? I think those are very rare cases.

Jerry Springer has done some research on this subject iirc.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:27 pm

lilypadfad wrote:

Being offensive is a choice too.

Y'know I don't have issues with free speech. You're free to post what you like, and take your chances with the mods.

I just don't understand why this forum has to be so negative all the time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cW8Alo_5uI&feature=related[/youtube]

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

lilypadfad wrote:

Quote:
mathematically, this is the case. for every woman who gets taken off the market, there is a man to match.

I don't care for the attitudes, but the lingo is great! It's like Gor meets Foundation

I think this post is really revealing the problem: men are often really picky too, and they want an 'orbiter' or something from an alpha's harem.

The graph you drew earlier about women only being attracted to the 'top' guys is probably directly correlated by a similar one for men, only that one would be based on looks.

I would hazard a bet that the whiner bore in the OP's video wants a model or nearabouts. I'd doubt he couldn't get a girlfriend at all if he was really trying, and had no major deficiencies. Though, the video seems to be an anti advert of sorts...

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:28 pm

lilypadfad wrote:

I think you are missing the point here. The board has people of both genders with autism and many people here have mental illness. I dont see how posting pictures that are attacking people with disabilities serves your "cause" any, it just brings into question your basic morality.

It also makes people who dont have as high functioning skills as others on this board feel pretty unwelcome in L & D.

Taking a break.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:30 pm

lilypadfad, men who maintain multiple are not that common. women cheat almost as much as men now and would therefore be almost as likely to maintain male harems. the difference would not be large. rates of homosexuality and women's lifespans have an impact as well, but none of these are significant confounding factors. also, we can argue about whether being offended is a choice, but moderators make the decision as to what is too offensive. it is never is anyone's best interests to push it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
simon_says wrote:
A) He spent 8 minutes whining on video. I think that's honestly sad. Sure, he's frustrated but he also seems a little entitled. He needs to turn over his birth certificate and read the list of things he was promised in life.

"Shaming tactic #4: If he complains once then he's a whiner" :P
"Shaming tactic #5 : he's alone because he's a whiner" :P

But he might be whiner, he does seem to have other videos...

but I do agree with him that those advice are vague and total BS, they're just cliché advices because people either have no idea what to say or can't be honest enough.

lol that made me laugh out loud for some reason.

lilypadfad wrote:
Quote:
It's a two way street.

Of course, but it is nonetheless a two way street on which it is better to be a woman.

Oh whoops, sorry. I didn't realise you'd had a sex change.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2011, 5:56 pm

Moog wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Moog wrote:
Well ... this thread is entitled "Shaming Tactics Against Males". All I did was list a few of the tactics that SOME women use against males in greater detail. So if my post is "out of line" then the stated purpose of this thread is also, and maybe it should be locked.
Yeah, thinking about it. Might just shut L&D *gurn*

Shut down "Love & Dating"?! !

We'd just find some reason to carry on the same topics in PP&R...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lilypadfad
Toucan
Toucan

07 Sep 2011, 6:06 pm

Quote:
And all 3-4 are faithful to him alone? I think those are very rare cases.

Yes, if they even know about them. If they do, all the man has to do is gently suggest that the second girl is not as important and subtly put them into competition with each other, you'd be devastated how many women tolerate that situation. Women would rather share a top man than have a lesser man to themselves. The saying goes "5 mins of alpha is worth 5 years of beta".

Quote:
men who maintain multiple are not that common. women cheat almost as much as men now and would therefore be almost as likely to maintain male harems.

Ah well they don't have to be that common (5%?) but its another one of those little things that adds up to the bottom half of men living in semi-permanent celibacy.

In my experience female cheating occurs a little differently, When a woman becomes infatuated with a new guy feelings for old guy go straight out the window in a flurry of rationalisations ("he emotionally neglected me, it's his fault I stray", "I was never really in love with him"). So women generally hop from one monogamous relationship to the other while men at least have the ability to maintain multiple amorous relationships.

I will say this: while I won't deny their existance, only the most pathetic men would deign to remain part of a harem, while one of the hottest girls I ever met in my youth (pre-red pill days) would spend her time moaning about the "other woman", yet willingly remained. They'd see each other once or twice a week, he wouldn't even let her spend the night after banging her.

Quote:
The graph you drew earlier about women only being attracted to the 'top' guys is probably directly correlated by a similar one for men, only that one would be based on looks.

The point of my graphs was that men show SOME level of sexual attraction for most women. To put it bluntly, upon seeing most women naked, men will get an erection. There are of course graduations and some girls are definitely more attractive than others. However, the graph is not true of women. If you aren't in the top 25% or more likely aren't the top guy in her available pool of men, then, to her, you have the sexual magnetism of a plank of wood.

Quote:
I dont see how posting pictures that are attacking people with disabilities serves your "cause" any, it just brings into question your basic morality.

In my world the ends often justify the means. Mocking, shaming, offending people into changing themselves is justified in my book. Telling people they are fine as they are, that "one day" they'll find someone, and that "society" has the problem not them is cruel in my opinion.