Question about what men prefer

Page 4 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

It depends on a man. Some men do like dumb women, but you need to ask yourself whether they are men you want to be with.

That being said, yes, I'd had more luck in certain social situations when I was perceived to be dumb or trashy. Or even drunk. Make you cry to think about it, but it is true.

But by all means, there are many men who want their partner to be smart and educated.

Now, as for sex, it depends. All men want you to be open for sex at one point, though some will judge negatively if you don't put out on a first date, and some will judge negatively if you DO. Both groups are to be avoided, IMO.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 8:13 pm

bumble wrote:
Do men prefer a very dim woman who just puts out?

Yes.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

If all you want is to get laid, then yeah, shut off your intellect and think with your lady parts for a while.

I love a woman who can stimulate me intellectually, in a relationship. But if I'm just after sex then I don't really give a rat's ass about her intelligence. In fact, if that's what she tries to make things about, then I'll just move on to someone who shares my priorities.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

AstroGeek
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

Okay, time for me to get into preachy, idealistic mode. The fundamental problem here is that guys don't seem to like smart girls. Those guys are idiots. What's more, if you conform to your expectation, you are damaging the reputation of females generally (not that it effects me, but still it seems like the wrong thing to do). All you will be doing is working around the real problem, rather than addressing it directly. If all girls dumb themselves down then nothing is going to change. Although one person isn't going to change everything, you have to start somewhere.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2012, 10:31 pm

mds_02 wrote:
If all you want is to get laid, then yeah, shut off your intellect and think with your lady parts for a while.

I love a woman who can stimulate me intellectually, in a relationship. But if I'm just after sex then I don't really give a rat's ass about her intelligence. In fact, if that's what she tries to make things about, then I'll just move on to someone who shares my priorities.

To a degree yes. Its not about making yourself seem dumb, its about putting your priorities in order. You can still be flirty and smart. Hell, that may get you to a higher level of guys than simply playing dumb.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 1:13 am

MXH wrote:
mds_02 wrote:

To a degree yes. Its not about making yourself seem dumb, its about putting your priorities in order. You can still be flirty and smart. Hell, that may get you to a higher level of guys than simply playing dumb.

"my circuit board needs some work, did you bring your soldering gun?"
"i think Nietzsche's 'will to power' was a forecast of postmodern feminism. want to talk about it over breakfast?"
"wanna get your ass kicked in naked Scrabble?"
etc.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 1:34 am

hyperlexian wrote:
"wanna get your ass kicked in naked Scrabble, Vigilans?"

Naked Scrabble? I am so in!

tronist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2012, 2:14 am

bumble wrote:
I have trouble reading flirting signals and need men to be very obvious or direct. Most are not so I may miss any signals they give out.
some guys will be massively attracted / interested if YOU lead. obviously this is situational. it might work best in a bar or nightclub scene. if someone seems interested in you, and you are getting the right vibe just say 'hey, you wanna get out of here?'

that might work on a guy who is more obviously looking for sex. how to assess that i cant help you with XD

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:58 am

tronist wrote:

that might work on a guy who is more obviously looking for sex. how to assess that i cant help you with XD

that one is simple. heres the checklist.
1- theyre a guy
2- they didnt immediatly excuse themselves so their girlfriend doesnt knock their head off for talking to another girl.

mds_02
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 2:58 am

AstroGeek wrote:
The fundamental problem here is that guys don't seem to like smart girls.

That's simply not true. Guys (people in general really) don't like people who feel a constant need to display their intellectual superiority. Either the person you are doing that with is of equal or greater intelligence, in which case it makes you come across as pompous and arrogant. Or the person is of lower intelligence, in which case you can make them feel badly about themselves. Neither of those is really conducive to having a good time.

If you are more intelligent than the average, people will figure that out on their own without needing to be told. If you find yourself wondering "I went out of my way to show them how smart I am, why don't they like me?" That is why.

If a person is having trouble attracting partners, it is not because of their high intelligence. It is because they haven't developed a good enough strategy.

And it feels pretty soft to me. 

Modest Mouse - The View

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 3:56 am

I am not a woman, but when I realize I don't like another man, I go with smiling and nodding. You get really, really far with that.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 4:07 pm

You get know-it-alls who think they're smart and keep trying to prove it by putting others down. Both sexes with those are annoying. What mds_02 said, in other words.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 4:13 pm

mds_02 wrote:
AstroGeek wrote:
The fundamental problem here is that guys don't seem to like smart girls.

That's simply not true. Guys (people in general really) don't like people who feel a constant need to display their intellectual superiority. Either the person you are doing that with is of equal or greater intelligence, in which case it makes you come across as pompous and arrogant. Or the person is of lower intelligence, in which case you can make them feel badly about themselves. Neither of those is really conducive to having a good time.

If you are more intelligent than the average, people will figure that out on their own without needing to be told. If you find yourself wondering "I went out of my way to show them how smart I am, why don't they like me?" That is why.

If a person is having trouble attracting partners, it is not because of their high intelligence. It is because they haven't developed a good enough strategy.

I agree as well. I dislike when people try to display their intelligence like a badge, but I thought I was the only one. If someone is intelligent, I'd want them to show it by being a sensible guy/girl.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 5:04 pm

Bun wrote:
I agree as well. I dislike when people try to display their intelligence like a badge, but I thought I was the only one. If someone is intelligent, I'd want them to show it by being a sensible guy/girl.

Nah, I'd say most people don't like know-it-alls.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2012, 5:23 pm

I think most of us asperger men here have the same taste in women and most things I want probably have been mentioned here before I guess.

scubasteve
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2012, 2:21 am

OP... If you don't set standards for yourself, I'm afraid you're going to get yourself in trouble. Do "stupid" girls get laid more? Yes. But they also get HURT. They're the ones who end up dating manipulative as*holes. The kind of men who sleep around, slap them up, and then bring them flowers and say "I'm sorry" with a sociopathic straight face. If you want to find a GOOD man, you need to respect yourself more than that. It's not the easy way. But it's worth it.