Men, what do you think of women who are quiet and shy?

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Foxface
Raven
Raven

01 Aug 2012, 8:12 pm

I would love to have someone talkative, at least once she gets to know me.

Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Nov 2012, 5:26 pm

Ok so I am a collage student studying to be a caregiver for the elderly.. One day in class our assignment was to shave a guys face, so guys from a different class come in and let us shave there faces. The guy I shaved was very cute and sweet and even made jokes to make me feel more comfortable.. Ever since then I see him in the halls and he always smiles and says hi or he will make small talk asking how I Am... Does he like me or is he just being friendly?

JRR
Toucan
Toucan

20 Nov 2012, 6:20 pm

It's irrelevant to what I think of her. Her true character is what matters.

I've been attracted to highly social women and ones who were bookworms.

As a man, it's pretty much essential to be highly social for anything to work.

Being shy is a dealbreaker for 99% of women.

Boxman108
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 6:30 pm

I don't think I could respect someone who does not put in the same amount of effort into being open as I do. While some of the more outgoing people I've known have had a tendency to be self absorbed, I think that being completely closed off is more so. That and hiding behind your gender and saying it's ok to not put any work in just because of it.

While someone else is eating or opening a window or
just walking dully along...

Ewags
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Nov 2012, 8:52 pm

I can deal with most types of personalities, as long as the person is awake mentally. Shy girls are great, in my experience. They have a lot going on inside their minds and sometimes, if you're patient they share it. Depending on how long this process takes I might lose interest, no matter how much it's worth the wait.

Evy7
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2012, 9:25 pm

I'm shy and most people are either scared to approach me or confident. But I think more people would want to talk to me if I were outgoing. I don;t care though, I don't like random people talking to me. :)

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 10:15 pm

Huggable and someone who needs comfort! :oops: :oops:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

sbarne3
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Nov 2012, 11:09 pm

yellowtamarin wrote:
Same as what I said in the other thread, which was this:

Quote:
metaldanielle wrote:
I like shy guys, but if he is too shy to even talk (or communicate thru other means) then I won't know he is interested and it won't go anywhere. I find the shyness endearing.

Pretty much same as this. I am rarely attracted to [girls] who are significantly more outgoing that me (and I'm not outgoing), but would also struggle to be attracted to a very shy person, because I wouldn't be able to "see" them, if you know what I mean.

What a [girl] is like around me matters. [She] can be quiet, shy, etc. in social settings, but if [she] doesn't open up to me it's going nowhere.

This^^^
I tend to be attracted to shy women (probably because I feel intimidated by outgoing women), but if she never opens up at all then it is not possible to get to know her.
I think a mixture of both is ideal... someone who isn't loud and obnoxious, yet she knows how to speak her mind. I don't even mind if she is a little sassy at times... :wink:

EQ=15 (low) SQ=27 (average)
Alexithymia Quiz=128/185 (high)
Enneagram type: 5 ("The Investigator")

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 12:15 am

They are very hard to talk to. I have now idea how these men get these shy women to date them.
Oh, I have no issues with shy women at all.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 12:43 am

If you're asking about attractiveness- it makes little difference. Shy quiet ones probably are slightly more alluring to me. But its not a trait that impacts attractiveness much one way or the other.

But if you're an aspie guy who has trouble reading social cues then the shy ones are even harder to read than the non shy.

Ladies Ive clicked with tend to be outgoing and people oriented- kinda opposite of me.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2012, 12:43 am

billiscool wrote:
They are very hard to talk to.
Oh, I have no issues with shy women at all.

I approach quiet women much more than friendly outgoing women, since learning of aspergers syndrome.
In fact, I now avoid the noisy ones I used [ like most men] to gravitate toward
But I have since discovered a more meaningful genuine experience, and possibly someone who is aspies friendly or even on the spectrum themselves

Almost a lost sister, if they are truly aspie/adhd/gonzo... you could say
Nom nom

ALguy1957
Raven
Raven

28 Nov 2012, 5:48 am

I would love a shy and easy-going type as long as she enjoys romance and intimacy! But it may a problem finding one as most might be too scared to use a dating site. It might be more likely to happen through a friend or relative of her's that knows me on facebook or in real life.

WantToHaveALife
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 12:46 pm

sometimes it can be tough because if the girl is shy, quiet, not that talkative, it can make things confusing, it can make it hard to interpret if she is actually really shy, or just not interested

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 12:48 pm

It's all about the personality for me. Confidence or lack of confidence is a non-factor for me when it comes to attraction.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

22 Feb 2013, 12:51 pm

Not going to work -- because I'm quiet and shy and refuse to submit to asking women out. I prefer to be the one with the power to do all the rejecting. So if a woman was quiet and shy, I probably wouldn't notice her.

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2013, 1:54 pm

Shy and quiet is fine as long as it isn't a pretext for being passive aggressive and 'closed off'.