Feeling ugly, flat chested and that I'm not good enough

Page 4 of 23 [ 360 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:12 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
eric76 wrote:
If all women walked around topless, it wouldn't be long before nobody paid any attention at all. It would quickly become a case of "if you've seen one, you've seen them all".

No, women still drool over muscled male chests at the beach as we speak.

I think it is more the general physique and looks.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:14 pm

EmoGlambertAspie wrote:
@Kinme He is anything but abusive. He isn't abusive. He's just incredibly ignorant about what not to say around me, although this has only happened twice. Also, he's never had a girlfriend before so he has never had to learn what does/n't hurt a girl. But as I said earlier, we agreed last night that if I'm there with him there are better things to talk about than women's anatomy.

You'll find out later in the relationship if it's worth keeping. I hope that it works out.

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:15 pm

eric76 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
eric76 wrote:
If all women walked around topless, it wouldn't be long before nobody paid any attention at all. It would quickly become a case of "if you've seen one, you've seen them all".

No, women still drool over muscled male chests at the beach as we speak.

I think it is more the general physique and looks.

Is there something wrong with me? I don't do that. *Shrug*

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

My boyfriend is 23 BTW. Closer to 24.

Adventus
Toucan
Toucan

EmoGlambertAspie wrote:
.....we agreed last night that if I'm there with him there are better things to talk about than women's anatomy.

The only woman's anatomy he should be discussing at that time is yours. and only in glowing terms of endearment and adoration. :)

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:18 pm

@Adventus THANK YOU! I'm so glad someone finally agrees with me instead of saying it's okay because he has a penis.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:20 pm

Nobody's saying that.... you're dismissing everything you don't want to hear as "oh, they're just excusing him - it's HIS problem, not mine!"

Kinme
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:24 pm

BlueMax wrote:
Nobody's saying that.... you're dismissing everything you don't want to hear as "oh, they're just excusing him - it's HIS problem, not mine!"

+1

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:25 pm

Last time he did something like this people said he was saying it because guys say stuff like that. Nobody did this time. Sorry if I was unclear.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:37 pm

BlueMax wrote:
EmoGlambertAspie wrote:
He's smart, understanding, handome, witty, and so many other things. This is the only catch.

How do you imagine it makes HIM feel to have to walk on eggshells the rest of his life - that saying one small thing wrong will send you into a total meltdown? If not him - what about the next man? Or anyone else that says something that has nothing to do with you but you overhear it and then can't stop staring at the mirror in terror. You're getting incredibly upset over the tiniest things that pretty much anyone might say at some point.

This problem isn't his or anyone else's... it's yours. YOU need to address this serious body dysmorphia you have going on - this almost paranoid fear that every part of your body, internal and external, is somehow deficient or may become so with age or childbirth. No amount of compliments will ever counteract the voice in your head that's currently saying some incredibly negative things about your body!

Words of wisdom right here.

Zodai
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 4:48 pm

Wasn't there something from Lucky Star?

"A flat chest is a symbol of social status"?

Author/Writer

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2013, 5:14 pm

Hi EmoGlambertAspie,

At this point, are you feeling that you have some general deficiency that others see that has been specifically expressed by your boyfriend, or do you really feel that you have no deficiency at all, but rather they are what your boyfriend perceives based on his individual values? Actually, the two scenarios differ tremendously in scope.

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2013, 9:29 pm

@ShelbyGT500 I think it's the first one, plus an admitted prejudice against guys. I have a tendency to assume they'll drool over whatever comes along in front of their wives/gfs/partners and not even care they're around, then write it off as "a guy thing."

ShelbyGt500
Toucan
Toucan

25 Jan 2013, 9:50 pm

I thought it was most likely the first. As someone with autism, just like anyone else, but more so, any insecurities that you have can be leveraged against you. I don't think you are nuts, but just about everyone can benefit from reading a good book on cognitive therapy. In short, you will learn how to spot those times when you focus in on things and blow them out of proportion. It really is a study in coping and happiness. From my personal experience and having chatted with many others like us, plenty of people will get in line to use your self-esteem issues against you. Actually, I'm very glad that you participate in these forums so that we can make helping you a team effort.

On the subject of attitude toward men, I was born in 1955, the year that feminists use as the height of the male chauvinist pig era. And I saw the junctures that occurred in 1967, 1977, and 1992. One thing stands out, the level of compatibility between men and women has decreased tremendously. In particular, most women have a tremendously negative attitude toward men and default to negative interpretations of things that men do and say. At the cultural level, women have effectively talked themselves into incompatibility with men. Negative depictions of men are everywhere. I'm not sure what to do about it, but if you want to have a successful relationship and perhaps a lifetime marriage, you may want to see if there is some way that you can get a more neutral attitude toward men. That said, your entire environment is working against a neutral or respectable attitude toward men. In my age group, most single women, whether they been lifetime single, divorced, or widowed, no longer have the capability to have a good warm relationship with a man. They simply had too many years of exposure to anti-male feminism. At some point, it's too late to change.

EmoGlambertAspie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 12:29 am

Thank you :) but mostly, men have made their own bed I think. It's only natural to think this way when so many men think marriage is a death sentence, that it's okay to berate their significant other in front of their friends and talk about how they want other women, and imagine women as some clingy annoying nuisances when we aren't giving them head. Now, my boyfriend has only done the middle two things, and unintentionally, but the fact remains this is why I prefer the company of gay men. The ones I know genuinely like me as a friend and make me feel like I'm appreciated because of all the volunteering I do for their equality. That and they're just so damn nice.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2013, 7:15 am

ShelbyGt500 wrote:
I thought it was most likely the first. As someone with autism, just like anyone else, but more so, any insecurities that you have can be leveraged against you. I don't think you are nuts, but just about everyone can benefit from reading a good book on cognitive therapy. In short, you will learn how to spot those times when you focus in on things and blow them out of proportion. It really is a study in coping and happiness. From my personal experience and having chatted with many others like us, plenty of people will get in line to use your self-esteem issues against you. Actually, I'm very glad that you participate in these forums so that we can make helping you a team effort.

On the subject of attitude toward men, I was born in 1955, the year that feminists use as the height of the male chauvinist pig era. And I saw the junctures that occurred in 1967, 1977, and 1992. One thing stands out, the level of compatibility between men and women has decreased tremendously. In particular, most women have a tremendously negative attitude toward men and default to negative interpretations of things that men do and say. At the cultural level, women have effectively talked themselves into incompatibility with men. Negative depictions of men are everywhere. I'm not sure what to do about it, but if you want to have a successful relationship and perhaps a lifetime marriage, you may want to see if there is some way that you can get a more neutral attitude toward men. That said, your entire environment is working against a neutral or respectable attitude toward men. In my age group, most single women, whether they been lifetime single, divorced, or widowed, no longer have the capability to have a good warm relationship with a man. They simply had too many years of exposure to anti-male feminism. At some point, it's too late to change.

i'm about very feminist, but i am also warm towards the man i am dating. these two things are not incompatible in the slightest.