Page 4 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:46 am

^ Instinct.

I guess you are asking somethibg you know the answer.

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:50 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Instinct.

I guess you are asking somethibg you know the answer.

Yeah, of course instinct is what drives men and women to be naturally attracted to certain features, but why rely on instinct to make decisions about relationships when she could just make a logical choice and at least have a relationship with someone she can be comfortable with and with whom she has some physical attraction to anyway.

But I guess I am looking at this from a very purely male perspective rather than looking at it from hers as a woman.

Hopetobe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

21 May 2013, 10:58 am

Yeah, let´s make asexual pride.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:09 am

I think that people are comming up with stuff just trying to find something to be proud of in their life. It is a bit sad to read.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

21 May 2013, 11:31 am

MCalavera wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
There is a certain amount of truth to that. I feel like 2 guys I know are so happy with being single, or rather, so against having a relationship that might ruin their freedom to watch or play soccer or have a beer with their friends that they are abhorrent of single women even talking to them. (they are obviously extreme exceptions to the norm though or just very bitter...) So they are 2 men whom I will never ask on a date.

You're making assumptions that I don't think are true (unless they explicitly said what you're saying about them).

But I'll make my own assumptions about your situation now by stating that it's probably you make excuses for not dating guys that seem like they may be good dating/relationship material. You seem to be looking for that perfect guy who matches your ex-boyfriend or guy of your dreams who you know you could never attain.

Thank you, that means you assume that someone would want to spend time with me :)
In truth there is something about me that puts guys off. I'm not sure what it is. If I was on the outside looking in I would see it, but being me I don't know what it is. I used to be very opinionated and arrogant, I keep my mouth shut now, maybe I'm too quiet now. LOL :) To be honest I'd go out with either of them if they did actually ask me for a coffee. I have a gut feeling both would knock me back if I asked. One ignored my friend request on Facebook. (btw I don't object to men spending time with friends or playing soccer - just in case you think I'm a control freak!)

The unattainable man of my dreams is a man that wants to talk to me and that I just get on with and can talk to easily. Such creatures only seem to be married.

I remember I once suggested to you men that happen to be submissive. You said you wanted someone on equal grounds with you not someone who was submissive. Yet submissive men fit the characteristics of your dream man mentioned above.

Personally, I cannot understand why an independent woman like you, who doesn't need to rely on any man but just wants a partner to spend her time with romantically, would not accept a submissive man to have a relationship with. Men don't seem to mind dating submissive women. I don't see why the same cannot apply for women like you. Nor do I see how "dismissing" them is worth not having a relationship at all especially if they make sure to be pleasing to you emotionally, romantically, and/or sexually.

Why? Because, as Boo likes to say, humans are apes. Instinct, not common sense, drives compatibility for both men and women.

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:33 am

^ no freaking duh. Only stuck up people who like to think they are better than everything else think otherwise.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 2:49 pm

I see pride groups as basically saying "Screw you people that say we are bad because we are (insert whatever here), we are (insert whatever here) and we are proud of it! We are proud and refuse to let you make us ashamed for who we are!"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 2:59 pm

hanyo wrote:
I see pride groups as basically saying "Screw you people that say we are bad because we are (insert whatever here), we are (insert whatever here) and we are proud of it! We are proud and refuse to let you make us ashamed for who we are!"

I see it more like, "Being (insert whatever here) makes us better than you in every way, so go (insert whatever here) yourselves!"

It gets tiresome in very short order.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 3:50 pm

I see no point in being proud or ashamed of being single.

I see no point in being proud or ashamed of things in general.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 4:12 pm

Sorry, I've taken this thread off course a bit and talking too kuch about myself. Again I want to emphasise that people shouldn't be made to feel like they are weird for being single. Single people just want to be accepted as we are. We are not saying we are better than anyone else, we just want people not to make a fuss about how weird it is that we can't attract someone.

Did I say I don't like passive men? I can't remember that. What I can say is I don't like machismo.

I don't think I even know any passive guys...
I am amused that you think I have a choice in the matter. No body fancies me as far as I can tell. My hands are tied.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 4:22 pm

Repost... stupid phone.

Last edited by hurtloam on 22 May 2013, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tyri0n
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Douchebag Capital of the World (aka Washington D.C.)

21 May 2013, 4:29 pm

PsychoSarah wrote:
^ no freaking duh. Only stuck up people who like to think they are better than everything else think otherwise.

you crack me up

ignored :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 4:53 pm

hurtloam wrote:
Sorry, I've taken this thread off course a bit and talking too much about myself...

No worries. It's been enlightening. I'd forgotten what it's like to be a single person under the metaphorical microscope.

ShamelessGit
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 9:39 pm

Why would I be proud of the fact that nobody likes me? Or if I were single by choice, then why would I be proud of the fact that I don't like anybody else?

billiscool
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:41 pm

ShamelessGit wrote:
Why would I be proud of the fact that nobody likes me? Or if I were single by choice, then why would I be proud of the fact that I don't like anybody else?

it's up to you,then.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2013, 12:23 am

PsychoSarah wrote:

What about thinking all other humans are apes but you personally have evolved to a higher plane of consciousness?