How would your dream guy/woman be like?

Page 4 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

Asperger96 wrote:
Personally, there are some things I won't compromise on.

Very high intelligence and a kind heart are the two big things.
Agreed, but the paramount one for me is Christianity. My painful past taught me its very important to share a common worldview. Your deepest convictions about life influence everything you do, and polar opposites will cause nothing but destruction. Plus, I want the woman I marry to be in heaven with God someday, for her benefit more than mine.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:01 pm

But what if God wanted you to be with an atheist?

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:08 pm

Moviefan2k4 wrote:
Asperger96 wrote:
Personally, there are some things I won't compromise on.

Very high intelligence and a kind heart are the two big things.
Agreed, but the paramount one for me is Christianity. My painful past taught me its very important to share a common worldview. Your deepest convictions about life influence everything you do, and polar opposites will cause nothing but destruction. Plus, I want the woman I marry to be in heaven with God someday, for her benefit more than mine.

Oh thats true, Im going to be a minister someday.

Add one more thing to the list

LogicalMolly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2013, 2:13 pm

octobertiger wrote:

He wouldn't. One of the commandments given to Christians is not to be unevenly yoked with unbelievers, i.e. not to marry a non-Christian. True Christians obey God's commandments. For a Christian, major commandments like that are non-negotiable.

It's not just God being an elitist party-pooper. There are practical reasons for it. Christians have light and life; non-Christians are in death and darkness.

Personally I wouldn't want to marry a dead person. Even if it weren't a commandment, I would refrain from marrying a dead person through personal choice. Dead people don't really do it for me, ya know?

It is interesting to observe how Christian marriage laws differ from those of Islam. Christian men and women alike are forbidden from marrying outside the faith, whereas Muslim men are permitted to marry Christians. Those two laws contradict one another. Mohammad said a Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian woman, but Christ said a Christian woman is not allowed to marry a Muslim (i.e. non-Christian) man. Some Muslims have coaxed Christians into disobeying God and marrying outside the faith. This makes me sad. If you're a Christian, obey Jesus' laws, not Mohammad's ones.

Last edited by LogicalMolly on 07 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:18 pm

LogicalMolly wrote:
octobertiger wrote:

He wouldn't. One of the commandments given to Christians is not to be unevenly yoked with unbelievers, i.e. not to marry a non-Christian. True Christians obey God's commandments. For a Christian, major commandments like that are non-negotiable.

It's not just God being an elitist party-pooper. There are practical reasons for it. Christians have light and life; non-Christians are in death and darkness.

Personally I wouldn't want to marry a dead person. Even if it weren't a commandment, I would refrain from marrying a dead person through personal choice. Dead people don't really do it for me, ya know?

It is interesting to observe how Christian marriage laws differ from those of Islam. Christian men and women alike are forbidden from marrying outside the faith, whereas Muslim men are permitted to marry Christians. Those two laws contradict one another. Mohammad said a Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian woman, but Christ said a Christian woman is not allowed to marry a Muslim (I.e. non-Christian) man. Some Muslims have coaxed Christians into disobeying God and marrying outside the faith. This makes me sad. If you're a Christian, obey Jesus' laws, not Mohammad's ones.

I agree, but please don't turn this into a religion argument. I don't want this thread locked.

I think that people have the right to have non-negotiable criteria, everybody should have at least one. Or else you;d just marry anybody

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:19 pm

If I find her I'll tell you how she is like.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:23 pm

LogicalMolly wrote:
octobertiger wrote:

It is interesting to observe how Christian marriage laws differ from those of Islam. Christian men and women alike are forbidden from marrying outside the faith, whereas Muslim men are permitted to marry Christians. Those two laws contradict one another. Mohammad said a Muslim man is allowed to marry a Christian woman, but Christ said a Christian woman is not allowed to marry a Muslim (I.e. non-Christian) man. Some Muslims have coaxed Christians into disobeying God and marrying outside the faith. This makes me sad. If you're a Christian, obey Jesus' laws, not Mohammad's ones.

I am a zombie, a dead man...braiiiiins.....me wants braiiiins....

Christians who marry Muslims aren't that devout to begin with, so they wouldn't feel "coaxed into disobeying God" like how you think.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 07 Nov 2013, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LogicalMolly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2013, 2:24 pm

^ I wasn't arguing. I was just answering a question. :?

As usual, I was probably far too long-winded due to taking things literally. I apologise.

The short answer to the question is:

"He wouldn't. God doesn't believe in atheists."

:lol:

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:25 pm

Check edit.

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm

Asperger96 wrote:

I agree, but please don't turn this into a religion argument. I don't want this thread locked.

Well said. I apologise for the question; I wasn't up to any mischief, and I should have thought through any consequences. Silly me.

Let's get back on track.

Last edited by octobertiger on 07 Nov 2013, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 2:27 pm

Quote:

Mutual feelings.

LogicalMolly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2013, 4:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Quote:

Mutual feelings.

Indeed. That was the whole point. It was a play on words. Atheists don't believe in God; God doesn't believe in atheists, either. It works both ways. :lol:

With regard to "turning this thread into a religion argument," I wasn't trying to do that at all. Moviefan2k4 said that his dream woman would have to be a Christian, and OctoberTiger asked what would happen if God wanted Moviefan2k4 to marry an atheist. I just stepped in to explain that Christians cannot marry non-Christians.

A lot of people do not know that, and it's a point worth explaining to people. There is nothing to "argue" about, because it is an undisputed rule of Christianity that believers must not marry outside their faith. I don't know why more people don't know about that rule. Most people seem to know that Jews can't eat pork and Muslims can't drink alcohol and Sikhs can't cut their hair, but very few people seem to know that Christians can't marry non-Christians.

So it wasn't off-topic. It's a valid and necessary criteria for Moviefan2k4's future wife to be a Christian, and therefore his comment is relevant to his contribution to this thread. :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 4:37 pm

But there are Christians who marry non-Christians and Muslims who drink alcohol.

What are you going to tell to those false Christians?

LogicalMolly
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Nov 2013, 4:43 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But there are Christians who marry non-Christians and Muslims who drink alcohol.

It's not up to me to judge how other people go about observing their faith. All I can do is observe mine.

If you wish to discuss how religious people should handle hypocrisy, I suggest you go and start a thread in PPR. Please do not take this thread off topic. Enough has been said. Thank you. :)

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 4:44 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

That they are headed for Hutama

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2013, 5:34 pm

LogicalMolly wrote:
octobertiger wrote:

Well said; thanks for the support.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not into necrophilia either...yuck. :(