Being handsome is not good enough.

Page 4 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 1:04 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I'd say its at least 40% of it though, and it makes a big difference with opening doors, as if you don't look good, they won't ever see your personality, or smarts. rather hoping to find a great looking guy who has those too.

Yeah they will. Force them to. Go out with groups of people at meetups as opposed to going on "dates".

force them to what?

my area while big and has tons of college students, has no meet ups. single socials. or dating events. though I don't know if I'd go there's bee too many gorgeous women who are out of my league so i'd probably just end up setting alone in shame while the others laugh or something.

correction pof does one once and a while, but I don't go after seeing the list of whos attending, women out of my league by looks, and guys who look great and are wealthy. soo don't feel like going to there, paying for a pizza and siting alone.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 2:31 am

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I'd say its at least 40% of it though, and it makes a big difference with opening doors, as if you don't look good, they won't ever see your personality, or smarts. rather hoping to find a great looking guy who has those too.

Yeah they will. Force them to. Go out with groups of people at meetups as opposed to going on "dates".

force them to what?

my area while big and has tons of college students, has no meet ups. single socials. or dating events. though I don't know if I'd go there's bee too many gorgeous women who are out of my league so i'd probably just end up setting alone in shame while the others laugh or something.

correction pof does one once and a while, but I don't go after seeing the list of whos attending, women out of my league by looks, and guys who look great and are wealthy. soo don't feel like going to there, paying for a pizza and siting alone.

By meeting people as opposed to going on dates, they meet you without thinking of you in relationship terms and get to know the good things about you.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 2:38 am

Trust me, it is.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2014, 6:13 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

force them to what?

By meeting people as opposed to going on dates, they meet you without thinking of you in relationship terms and get to know the good things about you.

while can now walk up to random guys in certain settings and talk to them. I can't do that with women, especially ones who look like you, which make up the majority in my area.

Idk what women like to talk about anyways. My only women friends have been discussing our emotions, not like guys where we discuss activities and things.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 4:50 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
FMX wrote:
The funny thing about this thread is that nobody made any comment whatsoever on whether Aaendi is "good-looking" or not, as he implies, even after he posted his photos.

It's rude to comment about peoples looks unless they specifically ask for it.

When I posted that I thought that he implicitly asked for it, but you have a point - he never actually said "tell me if I'm wrong", so it's probably not appropriate to. (Not that I was planning to evaluate his looks myself, in any case.)

sly279 wrote:
ones who look like you [hale_bopp], which make up the majority in my area...

8O

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 6:30 pm

sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

force them to what?

while can now walk up to random guys in certain settings and talk to them. I can't do that with women, especially ones who look like you, which make up the majority in my area.

Idk what women like to talk about anyways. My only women friends have been discussing our emotions, not like guys where we discuss activities and things.

What makes you think that I'm great at talking to guys? But it is easier to meet as friends than on a date.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2014, 6:40 pm

Being good looking doesn't mean you can easily get or keep a gf or being pretty doesn't mean you can easily get or keep a bf. I once dated the honest to god best looking guy I have ever seen. He was built like a greek god too. I gotta tell you. He was TV good looking. But he was an idiot. I figured it out after the first few dates and I actually started talking to him. He wasn't slow, he was just stupid. Big difference. I finally cut him loose, I couldn't deal with it anymore.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 4:35 am

FMX wrote:

sly279 wrote:

8O

whats that face mean ? o.O

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 4:39 am

hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
sly279 wrote:

force them to what?

What makes you think that I'm great at talking to guys? But it is easier to meet as friends than on a date.

I didn't make any assumptions that you were.
ah i see, I meant *while I can now walk up to .....

It was that I couldn't talk to random people, but after working at the store that's improved. I noticed this when I went to wait for a ps4. I had a friend come so I wouldn't be alone, but once there I started talking to this guy and other strangers. Still glad my friend came though so I had someone to talk to when I felt bad for talking to the others.

Women on the other hand are very beautiful and intimidating

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2014, 3:53 pm

sly279 wrote:
FMX wrote:

sly279 wrote:

8O

"Shocked".

I suppose there should be a guide to reading the facial expressions of the smilies somewhere - this is an aspie forum and all. :)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 12:55 am

FMX wrote:
sly279 wrote:
FMX wrote:

sly279 wrote:

8O

"Shocked".

I suppose there should be a guide to reading the facial expressions of the smilies somewhere - this is an aspie forum and all. :)

why shocked?

yeah there's so many smilies, some mean the same thing, some have different means to different people, its very confusing.

Erwin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Feb 2014, 8:44 am

hale_bopp wrote:
FMX wrote:
The funny thing about this thread is that nobody made any comment whatsoever on whether Aaendi is "good-looking" or not, as he implies, even after he posted his photos.

It's not rude. It just means you're commenting. It's not what others mean by it or what is generally meant by it but what YOU mean by it.

FMX
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 2:03 pm

sly279 wrote:
why shocked?

It feels a little weird to spell it out when we're talking about her "in her presence", so to speak, but alright:

hale_bopp is a very good-looking woman by almost anyone's standards, as evidenced by the replies in her recent "tear apart my OKC profile" thread. So I was shocked that the majority of women in your area look like her. I'm sure most guys would love to know where this area is!

MadeUnderground
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 2:41 pm

FMX wrote:
sly279 wrote:
why shocked?

It feels a little weird to spell it out when we're talking about her "in her presence", so to speak, but alright:

hale_bopp is a very good-looking woman by almost anyone's standards, as evidenced by the replies in her recent "tear apart my OKC profile" thread. So I was shocked that the majority of women in your area look like her. I'm sure most guys would love to know where this area is!

My sentiments exactly.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 6:52 pm

MadeUnderground wrote:
FMX wrote:
sly279 wrote:
why shocked?

My sentiments exactly.

oh i hope i didn't say anything bad firstly.

its a college town, and the people who tend to afford to come here are the better looking ones i guess, lots of pretty Asians, and beautiful Californians, but you better be great looking(face and body) and have a job, car, and own place alone. they know they better then most of the population. funny thing is that its next to a hick town filled with ugly outdoors types(started as a logging town) its quite a mix up of people, perhaps why so many looking for relationship but not finding any.

then there's me, in the center of liberal and conservative, not handsome, and on ssi after getting a college degree.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2014, 8:32 pm

Erwin wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
FMX wrote:

It's not rude. It just means you're commenting. It's not what others mean by it or what is generally meant by it but what YOU mean by it.

Let me correct myself. It's rude giving your opinion on one's looks if it's a negative one, unless they ask for it.