Page 4 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 11:20 am

Maybe we should just tolerate more. That seems to work quite nicely. I guess I don't represent the guys here either, despite being one :roll: so I'm thinking just how in the hell can less love be a good thing? If someone has unusual ideas concerning love it's their prerogative.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

ProfessorJohn
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 11:26 am

Mike_the_EE wrote:
that since Aspies are so bad at reading others' intentions that we frequently get burned. This can make people cynical, particularly when someone comes along who appears too good to be true.

That describes me through most of college and graduate school. Funny thing is, I didn't realize it then. I didn't see how cynical I was. That had to be fairly unattractive to others.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 11:45 am

cberg wrote:
Maybe we should just tolerate more. That seems to work quite nicely. I guess I don't represent the guys here either, despite being one :roll: so I'm thinking just how in the hell can less love be a good thing? If someone has unusual ideas concerning love it's their prerogative.

Fine, I hope I was wrong about her.

But the whole thing sounds very weird, hence not comfortable to me.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 12:02 pm

A girl who likes aspie guys? Right on.

We're actually pretty cool once you get to know us. Although remember that if you've met one aspie guy, you've only met one aspie guy. In other words, we're all different and unique. You strike me as the kind of person who appreciates the uniqueness in others.

Btw I saw your website. I like it.

Last edited by darkphantomx1 on 01 May 2015, 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 12:04 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
But the whole thing sounds very weird, hence not comfortable to me.

I'm only comfortable with weird. I guess there's a difference between true weird and magnetic weird. :idea:

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Booyakasha
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 12:23 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
fireflie wrote:
ok asking for "nood pix" is NOT the way to get a quality woman to be interested in you. Just, FYI :)
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm single! Not especially or desperately looking, but i would love to meet a great person to settle down with.

Hmmm....someone is taking things a bit too srsly!

ASS OR GTFO

Can you explain please what is the point of your post? ASS or GTFO? :?

I'm suspicious of her motives. It seems like she's being a tease and trying to mess with lonely guys here.

I just saw this now, sorry, I can't tell from here to be honest, as I never saw anything like it before either, I do see she has a website designated to selling shampoos on her profile...As long as she isn't posting those links around the forum, I can't do anything but hope she's sincere.

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 12:23 pm

Most aspie guys are not charming in the traditional sense. We're definitely not smooth talkers or womanizers either. I like to separate aspie guys into two broad categories.

The first set of aspies are the ones who can talk about their interests all day. They're the guys who are more extroverted and tend to be quirky when you talk to them. For instance, if all of their NT peers like to engage in small talk about sports, music etc, they would be discussing Minecraft or whatever they're interested in. They may come off as aloof, nerdy, weird to other people who don't understand them. They also tend to not be aware of how others think of them as well. As a result, they are prone to being bullied and disliked by "normal people" who do not appreciate their uniqueness.

The second set of aspies are more on the shy side. These are the guys that come off as shy and uninterested when you talk to them. They're not necessarily uninterested, it's just that either they don't know what to say or that talking to others doesn't feel as comfortable for them. Talking isn't their natural state. These type of aspie guys are more likely to be shy around strangers and maybe around girls they like, but once you get to know them they break out of their shell and start to talk more.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2015, 2:50 pm

Booyakasha wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
Booyakasha wrote:
Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
fireflie wrote:
ok asking for "nood pix" is NOT the way to get a quality woman to be interested in you. Just, FYI :)
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm single! Not especially or desperately looking, but i would love to meet a great person to settle down with.

Hmmm....someone is taking things a bit too srsly!

ASS OR GTFO

Can you explain please what is the point of your post? ASS or GTFO? :?

I'm suspicious of her motives. It seems like she's being a tease and trying to mess with lonely guys here.

I just saw this now, sorry, I can't tell from here to be honest, as I never saw anything like it before either, I do see she has a website designated to selling shampoos on her profile...As long as she isn't posting those links around the forum, I can't do anything but hope she's sincere.

Well I'm glad the mods on WP are smartening up to NT trolls who come here to mess with us Aspies! In years past they had free reign and I always got in trouble when I trolled em back. Someone with a sales website linked to their profile is highly suspicious at best. I mean, c'mon now! Shouldn't these types get hazed a little bit so they can handle playing in our sandbox? :P

darkphantomx1
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 2:58 pm

I don't sense any trolling at all.

Besides I always give people the benefit of the doubt before I accuse them of being a troll. Unless its quite obvious they're trolling.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 May 2015, 3:03 pm

darkphantomx1 wrote:

Besides I always give people the benefit of the doubt before I accuse them of being a troll. Unless its quite obvious they're trolling.

Oooookay :roll:

Perhaps not trolling, but bein' a tease. She cannot be *that* clueless if she's NT and posting in the Love and Dating forum about how she's into aspies and has a racy photo. But whatever; suit yourself.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 3:47 pm

fireflie wrote:
It really makes me sad that people are accusing me of being disingenuous. Kinda makes me think maybe I should just leave the forum. My son has a neurological condition, and so many ppl in my family. I'm kind of upset that I was met with such anger for saying something that I meant with kindness.

Do I like good looking successful men? Yeah, i do. Guess what, I'm a girl. I also care if they are charming or social creatures. I care if they are good. If anyone else has an issue with me being on this forum, just let me know. I'll leave.

wasn't accusing you of being disingenuous just trying to clarify if you meant aspies or successful good looking men who just also happen to be aspies. most aspies aren't what people consider successful. along with a lot of disabled people.
didn't mean no harm. sorry :(

as long as you're a nice nt I don't think you should leave. some nts come here to pick on us.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 3:48 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It wouldn't be tolerated from a guy even if it was said in the same words of the OP.

Lazar doesn't represent the guys here.

Also aspies aren't known as social creatures and charming, AS is a deficiency of social skills so how comes she's into social men while she claims to be into aspies?

Makes.No.Sense.

Idk I've been called charming. I also desire social, although I'm not good at it. and my idea of social is small groups not concerts or bars like many nts consider it.
charming is more of an romantic kind thing then social. so i think like nts there are no doubt charming aspies and those who aren't charming.

darkphantomx1 wrote:
Most aspie guys are not charming in the traditional sense. We're definitely not smooth talkers or womanizers either. I like to separate aspie guys into two broad categories.

The first set of aspies are the ones who can talk about their interests all day. They're the guys who are more extroverted and tend to be quirky when you talk to them. For instance, if all of their NT peers like to engage in small talk about sports, music etc, they would be discussing Minecraft or whatever they're interested in. They may come off as aloof, nerdy, weird to other people who don't understand them. They also tend to not be aware of how others think of them as well. As a result, they are prone to being bullied and disliked by "normal people" who do not appreciate their uniqueness.

The second set of aspies are more on the shy side. These are the guys that come off as shy and uninterested when you talk to them. They're not necessarily uninterested, it's just that either they don't know what to say or that talking to others doesn't feel as comfortable for them. Talking isn't their natural state. These type of aspie guys are more likely to be shy around strangers and maybe around girls they like, but once you get to know them they break out of their shell and start to talk more.

I would fall somewhere in between. I'm shy but also desire to be simi social. I do try to start conversations with people.
like a bird dreaming flying but can't cause was born with one wing too short. super shy with girls though.

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
darkphantomx1 wrote:

Oooookay :roll:

Perhaps not trolling, but bein' a tease. She cannot be *that* clueless if she's NT and posting in the Love and Dating forum about how she's into aspies and has a racy photo. But whatever; suit yourself.

well if that was so wouldn't it be the good kind of teasing? women use teasing as a way of flirting no? at least that's what I've been told.

I think a handsome, successful, aspie would be the ideal mate for nts. they met most of their requirements except maybe being social, then add that its more likely he'd be super loyal and kind to them.
though I may place too much good in loyalty, and kindness.

fireflie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2015, 4:06 pm

THEY ARE NOT f*****g SHAMPOOS!! !!
They are aromatherapy products a developed for my f*****g autistic son who had uncontrolled seizures! None of you even LOOKED at my website. Don't worry, I'm out!
PS- I'm not a "troll"
your loss

fireflie
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 May 2015, 4:09 pm

for the record, i meant to say I don;t care if a guy is social or charming. it was a typo.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 4:17 pm

fireflie wrote:
for the record, i meant to say I don;t care if a guy is social or charming. it was a typo.

Please stay and just ignore the losers here. They are just hunting NTs, and failing all the time when they should hunt Aspie women.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2015, 4:20 pm

I don't "hunt" anyone.