I just did the STUPIDEST THING !

Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mahendar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2015, 1:39 am

wait for him some more time and all set based on time goes on everyone realise about others if they really love them.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 2:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you realize how many English words are of French origin? There are so many!

English is a richer language and more efficient than French.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 2:30 am

I bet they are dating now.
Hence why she stop whining here :p.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2015, 4:23 am

Nope. Definitely not dating. He never answered me back. I'm still waiting for a chance to see him in person (just to see if we can still be friends) before he goes away to school in september, but it looks like it might not happen. My friend is just super busy and tired lately, the poor thing. I don't think I'm gonna get to see her either this month :( And even if I do, there's no guarantee he'll want to see me so... AND I lost the necklace he gave me. Which, as a superstitious person, I'm taking as a sign I should just... stop "whining" and MOVE ON. Sorry all you wonderful, positive people. There won't be a "happily ever after" ending to this thread.

"English is a richer language and more efficient than French."
Agreed. French is boring :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 5:07 am

^ Sorry to hear that.

Why don't you date some aspie member here who is geographically close to you? :P

compcua wrote:
"English is a richer language and more efficient than French."
Agreed. French is boring :)

Yeah, French is weirdly inefficient.

For example, "I trust you" is "Je te fais confiance" or "J'ai confiance en toi" which literally means in English "I give you trust" and " I have trust on you" O_o. There's no verb in French in same sense of verb Trust.

Arabic is more like English, three words, and direct.

Another example is "I miss you" which is "Tu me manques" In french which literally means something like "YOU are missed by me".
In Arabic it's just three words and can be two, and in same logic of English.

I recall I bought the same Harry Potter as gifts one in French, one in English, the French had more pages.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 10:56 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Sorry to hear that.

Why don't you date some aspie member here who is geographically close to you? :P

compcua wrote:
Another example is "I miss you" which is "Tu me manques" In french which literally means something like "YOU are missed by me".

This one hardly is an inefficency. The fact that it uses a different logic doesn't mean that it is a faulty logic.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2015, 11:40 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nah. I've only ever been attracted to extremely social guys who are completely incapable of understanding me... Yep, my heart is STUPID :)

Personally, biggest problem I have with French is how flat it sounds compared to English. I've always thought that's why lots of french artists choose to sing in English.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 11:55 am

We think of French as being the language of Romance.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2015, 12:12 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We think of French as being the language of Romance.

I get that actually. I've noticed that talking about personal feelings in French feels more... intimate, somehow. I don't like it :)

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 4:12 pm

compcua wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Nah. I've only ever been attracted to extremely social guys who are completely incapable of understanding me... Yep, my heart is STUPID :)

Personally, biggest problem I have with French is how flat it sounds compared to English. I've always thought that's why lots of french artists choose to sing in English.

have you tried talking non social guys?
you may find some you like and could even love.

I'm attracted to playful outgoing types. but none of the women I dated were those types.
reality is outgoing types won't like me. as for playful well it seems to be in connection with being outgoing.
still I did love a few of the women I met who weren't not that type. so love works in weird ways.

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Aug 2015, 5:49 pm

sly279 wrote:
have you tried talking non social guys?
you may find some you like and could even love

I just always get along better with people who are comfortable enough with social interactions for the both of us. That goes for friendships as well. It's just... easier. And the easier it is, the more I'm able to be myself and feel a connection to the other person.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2015, 5:53 pm

How do you feel about "J'taime?" and "Mon Amie?"

compcua
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2015, 6:40 am

"Mon amie" is fine.

"Je t'aime" is not like "I love you". You can't say it casually like "bye, love you". Maybe it's different in other parts of France, but in the South, people in general seem really shy about saying it. We say "Je t'aime bien" (I like you) or "Je t'aime beaucoup" (I like you a lot) or sometimes "je t'adore".
"Je t'aime" is just too intense. It's for kids, weddings, deathbeds and movies :)

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 6:46 am

Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Sorry to hear that.

compcua wrote:

This one hardly is an inefficency. The fact that it uses a different logic doesn't mean that it is a faulty logic.

Is Italian as illogical? :P

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 6:58 am

compcua wrote:
"Mon amie" is fine.

"Je t'aime" is not like "I love you". You can't say it casually like "bye, love you". Maybe it's different in other parts of France, but in the South, people in general seem really shy about saying it. We say "Je t'aime bien" (I like you) or "Je t'aime beaucoup" (I like you a lot) or sometimes "je t'adore".
"Je t'aime" is just too intense. It's for kids, weddings, deathbeds and movies :)

Same thing such as "Je t'embrasse" which originally means "I hug you" but it is often used for "I kiss you".

And "Je veux te baiser" originally meant "I want to kiss you" - but nowadays it means "I want to f**k you".

Imagine an English speaker searchers for a literal meaning of "I want to kiss you" and finds "Je veux te baiser" :lol:.

Peacesells
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2015, 8:36 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Peacesells wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ Sorry to hear that.

compcua wrote:

Is Italian as illogical? :P

If you mean that I am trying to "defend" my mother tongue you're so wrong. I just don't see why it is illogical, and you haven't explained that. Do you have anything against intransitive verbs? Also it IS three words (and in Italian it can be two like in Arabic, while the English "miss you" seems more of an handicapped form and doesn't look so regular to me).
It seems illogical only if you expect all other tongues to work in the same way your mother tongue does.