Page 4 of 5 [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 8:43 pm

androbot01 wrote:
I think the best bet is just to smile and look happy. Sort of glance around at no one in particular. Be positive, don't slouch, and walk at a calm pace. Look at things other than people. I always stop and look at the shopfronts and the gardens.

That's good then because that's how I come across in public, e.g. when out shopping. A slight smile, calm and relaxed walk. I'll admit I do alternate between slouching and a confident posture though.

slw1990
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 8:46 pm

sly279 wrote:
It's why I do my best to never even look at women.
Lots to see on the ground.

It might be a good idea to be careful when you look down too. I don't always like looking at peoples faces and I would look at their shoes to recognize them that way instead. Sometimes when I did that though they would give me strange looks and probably got the wrong idea so I try to be careful not to do that.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 8:47 pm

Outrider wrote:
I can relate to Jamesy.

I understand and most definitely believe staring or constant looking is just very rude and very wrong.

However, sometimes even a quick little glance some react with a 'How dare you even THINK you have a chance with ME?' death-stare that I'm sure me, Jamesy and Sly have all gotten plenty of times before.

And to those that say 'maybe you're looking at someone in a way that people find uncomfortable' well just how are you supposed to look at someone (a quick glance) without making them uncomfortable?

Neutral expressions come across as cold, creepy and sociopathic, smiling comes across as creepy unless it's mutual, a räpey smile is the worst possible face obviously.

Body language also doesn't really influence it that much, I don't think. Slouching and having your chin down makes you look creepy, having your chin up and chest out a bit confidently just might make her more afraid and think of you as one of those 'dominant' males.

And to be honest getting looks also flatters me. Even if her face is neutral and gloomy and not particularly happy looking. Even if she looks a little too long.

Also, this has made me think of a curious question.

If I were to look at a female the way I am in my profile picture quickly, how do you think they'd react? Women here, if you were my age, or if I was your age and someone did this, how would you react? Let's say I am wearing the exact same clothes. Is it 'creepy'?

when you look glance at a girl they immediately think "he will kill me and rape me in my sleep"

Last edited by Jamesy on 17 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 8:48 pm

Outrider wrote:
androbot01 wrote:
I think the best bet is just to smile and look happy. Sort of glance around at no one in particular. Be positive, don't slouch, and walk at a calm pace. Look at things other than people. I always stop and look at the shopfronts and the gardens.

That's good then because that's how I come across in public, e.g. when out shopping. A slight smile, calm and relaxed walk. I'll admit I do alternate between slouching and a confident posture though.

Yeah ... I try a roving technique with my eyes too. Up, down, around, but never anywhere too long. I notice when I pass others on the sidewalk, that some seem to want to make eye contact and smile while others don't. I try to figure out which is which and do likewise. If I don't know I just look at something beyond them in the distance.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 8:49 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I believe girls when they are in there teens are the most attracted to boys at this stage. When they get near to 20 they become much more bisexual and less interested in males.

WTF ... where did that come from?

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 8:54 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Outrider wrote:
I can relate to Jamesy.

I understand and most definitely believe staring or constant looking is just very rude and very wrong.

However, sometimes even a quick little glance some react with a 'How dare you even THINK you have a chance with ME?' death-stare that I'm sure me, Jamesy and Sly have all gotten plenty of times before.

And to those that say 'maybe you're looking at someone in a way that people find uncomfortable' well just how are you supposed to look at someone (a quick glance) without making them uncomfortable?

Neutral expressions come across as cold, creepy and sociopathic, smiling comes across as creepy unless it's mutual, a räpey smile is the worst possible face obviously.

Body language also doesn't really influence it that much, I don't think. Slouching and having your chin down makes you look creepy, having your chin up and chest out a bit confidently just might make her more afraid and think of you as one of those 'dominant' males.

And to be honest getting looks also flatters me. Even if her face is neutral and gloomy and not particularly happy looking. Even if she looks a little too long.

Also, this has made me think of a curious question.

If I were to look at a female the way I am in my profile picture quickly, how do you think they'd react? Women here, if you were my age, or if I was your age and someone did this, how would you react? Let's say I am wearing the exact same clothes. Is it 'creepy'?

I believe girls when they are in there teens are the most attracted to boys at this stage. When they get near to 20 they become much more bisexual and less interested in males.

Yep they're a little boy-crazy and I usually get female attention in public from girls my age at least 10% of the time I'm out. And it's THEY who take the initiative as well.

I was cat-calleby two girls my age while I was sitting in the car with mum at a stop light, I walked around the corner to the mcdonalds to get something quickly and this girl my age with her parents kept looking at me and I caught her.

Heck it's funny how people say you can't stop looking for love and expect it to come to your doorstep when funny enough all I did one time was get the bloody mail, shirtless, and a group of girls my age just happened to be walking past and catcalled me, and had I not walked inside before they got to me probably would have given me their number's.

If I don't get approached or catcalled i at least get looks of some kind.

All due to no effort in my part. My luck'll probably run out as I get older as it seems young adult women almost never take the initiative and there seems to be popular opinion the'yre almost always uncomfortable with cold-approaching in public places.

Seriously, I doubt the women here could respond honestly and say I'll get just as much attention as a young adult male. I find that highly unlikely.

Who else here has nearly gotten a phone number for getting the mail? Any takers?

Last edited by Outrider on 17 Jan 2016, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 9:04 pm

Outrider wrote:

That's what I get basically every single time, too, and I intentionally avoid looking in anyone else's direction any longer than I need to be aware of my surroundings. I wonder what exactly counts as "staring". In my experience, if your eyes accidentally meet those of a woman for the split second you take to reäct, you're already screwed and they need to remind you with their gaze that you're unworthy of as much as enjoying a distant glimpse of them.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 9:34 pm

slw1990 wrote:
sly279 wrote:
It's why I do my best to never even look at women.
Lots to see on the ground.

It might be a good idea to be careful when you look down too. I don't always like looking at peoples faces and I would look at their shoes to recognize them that way instead. Sometimes when I did that though they would give me strange looks and probably got the wrong idea so I try to be careful not to do that.

Indeed I don't want them to think I looking at their private area and accuse me of something.

At work I have to look at them and greet them, but that's as a servant so I guess it's okish.

DinnerPlate
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Jan 2016, 9:45 pm

Spiderpig wrote:
Outrider wrote:

That's what I get basically every single time, too, and I intentionally avoid looking in anyone else's direction any longer than I need to be aware of my surroundings. I wonder what exactly counts as "staring". In my experience, if your eyes accidentally meet those of a woman for the split second you take to reäct, you're already screwed and they need to remind you with their gaze that you're unworthy of as much as enjoying a distant glimpse of them.

Because looks can kill. Um, not.

It's also possible that what you think is a quick, civilized glance is actually a creepy look-up-and-down-undress-her-with-your-eyes leer. If your "accidental" eye meeting with girls almost always results in a death stare, you probably are creepily leering.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:08 pm

DinnerPlate wrote:
Spiderpig wrote:
Outrider wrote:

Because looks can kill. Um, not.

It's also possible that what you think is a quick, civilized glance is actually a creepy look-up-and-down-undress-her-with-your-eyes leer. If your "accidental" eye meeting with girls almost always results in a death stare, you probably are creepily leering.

And like I was saying, how do you prevent a creepy look?

Just because you don't look them up and down or have a watering mouth doesn't make it non-creepy in the eyes of a female.

A neutral expression is sociopathic and creepy to most people, though funny enough a smile is as well. An angry or sad face is outright threatening.

There is almost no expression that can't come across as creepy.

Also, body language is an indicator as well. Having your head down a little and slouching makes you look like one of those weaselly creeps, but standing tall, confident with your head up and chest out a little makes you look like some alpha d-bag that has no regards for her feelings.

Do you think if I was at a party and I saw an attractive female my age, was dressed the way I am in my profile picture, and slightly turned in her direction, relaxed my posture but remained confident, and smiled lightly like I do, do you think she'd become uncomfortable? Surprisingly it's very likely to happen.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:27 pm

Jamesy wrote:
I am destined to life of single lonliness

Why is society so freaking rough on then men :wall:

Not this Again.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:31 pm

Jamesy wrote:

when you look glance at a girl they immediately think "he will kill me and rape me in my sleep"

And another WTF where did this come from?

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:34 pm

Yeah, right---I don't have time to reäct in that split second, yet I somehow manage to look them up and down, drooling all the way, and I clearly do this in spite of being unaware of doing anything more than standing or sitting awkwardly, not knowing how I can avoid getting in trouble.

I'm pretty sure I don't need to make any gesture to disgust them. It's blatantly obvious that, most of the time, I'd really like to have some kind of intimacy with them, more or less as obvious as it is that they don't want anything of this sort with me. It's understandable that being reminded of the former fact makes them want to puke. The problem is, the only way not to make it obvious is to avoid meeting them in the first place.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:36 pm

100000fireflies wrote:
Jamesy wrote:

And another WTF where did this come from?

I decided to bail. But good luck to you.

100000fireflies
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:36 pm

awkward facepalm wrote:
stare well. it also depends on where exactly u r staring at, maybe u were staring at places they're insecure about. most women like when they get compliments on their (ya know) , u can look there all day it works like charm.

again, the way you look at women has to be sexy itself the way itself sexy

edit: hope this helps and sorry about my bad english

Talk about creepy. This whole reply wins the creepy of the week award.
And no, [all] women do not like getting compliments on "ya know".. Unless you're referring to their shoes or like getting punched, staring at " ya know" all day indeed works like a charm.. If by charm you mean something that is going to charm her into now carrying and getting out her mace the next time she spots you.

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2016, 10:41 pm

Outrider wrote:
And like I was saying, how do you prevent a creepy look?

Just because you don't look them up and down or have a watering mouth doesn't make it non-creepy in the eyes of a female.

A neutral expression is sociopathic and creepy to most people, though funny enough a smile is as well. An angry or sad face is outright threatening.

There is almost no expression that can't come across as creepy.

Also, body language is an indicator as well. Having your head down a little and slouching makes you look like one of those weaselly creeps, but standing tall, confident with your head up and chest out a little makes you look like some alpha d-bag that has no regards for her feelings.

Do you think if I was at a party and I saw an attractive female my age, was dressed the way I am in my profile picture, and slightly turned in her direction, relaxed my posture but remained confident, and smiled lightly like I do, do you think she'd become uncomfortable? Surprisingly it's very likely to happen.

If they don't like you, I think you're inherently creepy to them, regardless of your behavior. You can always make it worse, of course, but there's no redemption for you.