The top 10 rejection lines given by women.

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

nb411
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 7:31 pm

Quote:
I don't KNOW what the normative sense is when you talk about love. Your idea doesn't make sense to me. When I pick apart an idea or thought, it isn't personal, like going after YOU. It's more going after ME and my OWN set of beliefs. Questioning my OWN beliefs by asking you about yours.

If you choose to explain or defend your own beliefs, and I can do the same with mine, I might learn something. I might learn I am totally wrong. I might learn that I have had some assumptions that do not prove to be true. I NEED to know that.

Life in a journey. We don't really want to reach the destination, as it's death. Hah! So it's the journey in life that is the good part. I want to be sure the best I can be, that I understand.

I really do agree with you and that is the way I approach life, trying to update my beliefs as I find more true truths. I think we are similar in that sense. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. However, I first need to be proved wrong :lol:

I really wonder if we can understand eachother though. Can you make it clear what you think so that I can understand? or vice versa? I am not so sure.

TRUE
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jun 2007, 7:58 pm

nb411 wrote:
I really do agree with you and that is the way I approach life, trying to update my beliefs as I find more true truths. I think we are similar in that sense. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. However, I first need to be proved wrong :lol:

I really wonder if we can understand each other though. Can you make it clear what you think so that I can understand? or vice versa? I am not so sure.

I think language is such a poor way of communicating. I think it would be better in some circumstances to just point. It might be nice to have a day of not talking at all. Not writing to each other. Just to spend a day with a person, only communicating via pointing or arm-flailing.

I don't know if I need to be "proved wrong" so much as to prove MYSELF wrong. And that comes via questioning, questioning others to start with, then taking what they have discussed, comparing it with what I believe and coming up with a new reality or sticking to the old one. I might spend time online looking things up that I don't understand.

We make a lot of assumptions about each other, in language. If I can find the article a friend posted awhile back on another site, I'll post it here. We assume that someone we are familiar with "gets it". We will spend less time questioning/explaining someone we know well.

We might assume that similar people "get it". Such as "All Aspies will get it" or "All women will get it" or "All people in a particular age group will get it". But we don't. We don't all "get it" and completely understand.

I have examples. I'll give one. I was talking to a guy on another site. He made a post on a forum. I thought it was poking fun at the whole group on that forum. I thought that was funny. So I sent him a PM to tell him how funny it was.

:oops:

It wasn't poking fun at the group. It was supposed to be serious or meaningful. It was the OPPOSITE of what I thought it was supposed to be. And that guy got SO MAD at me. Threatened to find me and beat me up. Really. I freaked out over that unexpected response, and reported him. And then he got kicked off. :(

I THOUGHT I knew him well enough. I THOUGHT I got it. What HE saw from my note is that I was mocking him and the whole group. Putting them down, insulting them. I thought it was supposed to be funny. What a mess!

So what is the best way to find out if we are thinking of the same thing? To ask. Right? Because sometimes our guesses are very wrong. I am an "infamous troll" on another site. I caused a lot of problems because I didn't get it. I couldn't have made that much of a ruckus if I had set out to do so. It was like watching a bull in a china shop in slow motion. I was the bull. The bull doesn't set out to break all the china. He tosses his head and the horns take out shelves of stuff.

This is too long again. That also got me in trouble. People don't like long posts. :cry:

rossc
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Jun 2007, 11:31 pm

Sopho wrote:
What do people expect anyway? If a girl doesn't like you then she doesn't like you. Would you rather she turn around and say "f**k off you ugly c**t"? How do you know these excuses aren't actually real reasons anyway?

Yeah. THat is the top reason I have had given by girls as rejection! I was suprised it didn't rate in your top ten. Maybe the girls are nicer or less direct around your way? :wink:

calandale
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2007, 11:33 pm

rossc wrote:
Sopho wrote:
What do people expect anyway? If a girl doesn't like you then she doesn't like you. Would you rather she turn around and say "f**k off you ugly c**t"? How do you know these excuses aren't actually real reasons anyway?

Yeah. THat is the top reason I have had given by girls as rejection! I was suprised it didn't rate in your top ten. Maybe the girls are nicer or less direct around your way? :wink:

Just HOW do you approach them? That MIGHT
be why you're getting this.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2007, 3:41 am

Quote:
If you ARE flirting, you HAVE to put in *Flirt* or else I won't get it. I don't think there is a flirting emoticon. The wink could do, but it can also mean kidding or being a tad sarcastic in a silly manner. Oh, and it helps to qualify the *flirt* with a "I LIKE YOU, like you" or "It's a friendly flirt but I'm not seriously flirting". Stupid language. It means too many things.

haha but i am bad in body language

Quote:
Is that true? Really? I mean, do most guys think that way? Maybe it's just young guys?

here a random small example in this thread :

Quote:
Topher wrote:
I had a good female friend call me her brother. I did like her, but i was confused about the nature of our friendship, the big bro bit cleared it up, and i can return the feeling, so i call her lil sis. Things were much mroe stable.