Personality 78%  78%  [ 18 ]
Looks 22%  22%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 23

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 4:46 am

Alterity wrote:
I have my own money, wtf do I need his for? My last boyfriend was a poet, so penniless lol I think he resented the fact I had more money than him actually.
What's status going to get me besides having to socialize with people I'm undoubtedly not going to like?

I did post that biological drivers > environment, but there are always individual examples where personal circumstance mitigate the drivers we are born with. Because you dated one guy who was a penniless poet doesn't mean every autistic male out there will find somebody like you because they already know that hasn't happened...yet.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

25 Dec 2021, 4:50 am

nick007 wrote:
The amount of married couples getting divorced has gone up a lot since then so I don't think a lot of people really care about lasting love. .

Nearly 70% of divorce are initiated by women. The reasons for this probably deserve a separate thread.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in capitalistic police state called USA

25 Dec 2021, 6:09 am

Alterity wrote:
I have my own money, wtf do I need his for? My last boyfriend was a poet, so penniless lol I think he resented the fact I had more money than him actually.
What's status going to get me besides having to socialize with people I'm undoubtedly not going to like?
Did he ever write poems for you :?: There is a lot of focus in the media for a guy to express his love in talented creative ways like playing an instrument or singing & writing a song, writing romantic poetry, painting beautiful pictures to show his love, or planning very elaborate romantic dates. Lots of real guys are NOT talented or creative in those ways thou. I sure as hell am NOT. Plus that kind of stuff seems like all fluff with no substance to make their relationship last. Lots of singers & musicians write songs to express their love & they also write a bunch of breakup songs as well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 6:20 am

nick007 wrote:
Alterity wrote:
Did he ever write poems for you :?: There is a lot of focus in the media for a guy to express his love in talented creative ways like playing an instrument or singing & writing a song, writing romantic poetry, painting beautiful pictures to show his love, or planning very elaborate romantic dates. Lots of real guys are NOT talented or creative in those ways thou. I sure as hell am NOT. Plus that kind of stuff seems like all fluff with no substance to make their relationship last. Lots of singers & musicians write songs to express their love & they also write a bunch of breakup songs as well.

creative types are very different from you and i.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2021, 4:59 pm

For a hookup? Looks.
For anything more? Both. I'm greedy like that. 8)