Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

KingofKaboom
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2008, 5:35 pm

Lilyblink wrote:
I made the mistake of sending my Aspie guy mixed signals.. now I think I have lost him for good. The comments on here are very enlightening! He was the cutest guy ever.
Well if you stay there friend you might get another chance one day but yeah I don't expect it'd be easy, I have trouble being friends while watching someone I care about be with someone else so I lost a chance b/c of that :(

And stick around here to learn more I gotta say it's better if more people come here to learn about us aspies it makes it easier for everyone I'd wager.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2008, 1:11 am

Lilyblink wrote:
I made the mistake of sending my Aspie guy mixed signals.. now I think I have lost him for good. The comments on here are very enlightening! He was the cutest guy ever.

I think if you had really liked him then you wouldn't have given him mixed signals.

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2008, 12:26 am

KingofKaboom wrote:
Eh I gotta say if you've got someone don't tell him about them, I'm not good enough to tell if a girl wants me to be the next guy so make sure that's not going on.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head there :)

Lepidoptera
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 May 2008, 5:55 pm

Is this the kind of social game playing that NTs engage in all the time? (eyes rolling in head after reading this thread)

"I like him but I'm afraid to tell him."

"I think he likes me because he likes to spend time with me."

"Forget it. It's too complicated."

"Maybe I will tell him."

"No I won't. I might lose his respect."

Good grief! No wonder aspies can't figure out NTs. :)

You can't play these kind of mind games with an aspie. At least I can't play them. I have a rule now that when I sense people might expect me to know something that's unsaid, I simply come out and tell them, "I can't read minds and they must tell what it is they want me to know. I won't be offended." And when people try to "read between the lines" of what I say, I tell them there is no "between the lines." What I say is what I say. There is nothing kept hidden.

simplyhere
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2008, 12:29 am

Honestly I think the guy should make the first move...

That is my advice to you whether or not he is an Aspie. Nothing wrong with telling him you like him if you are comfortable with that. . .but trust me. . .let him initiate the relationship if that is what he wants. I promise it works better that way for everyone.

pbcoll
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 7:07 am

simplyhere wrote:
Honestly I think the guy should make the first move...

That is my advice to you whether or not he is an Aspie. Nothing wrong with telling him you like him if you are comfortable with that. . .but trust me. . .let him initiate the relationship if that is what he wants. I promise it works better that way for everyone.

Surely telling him is initiating the relationship, if he likes you too - not that I see anything wrong with that. Of course, the danger of waiting for him to take the initiative is that, for whatever reason, he may be under the impression you're not interested and in that case he will not do it.
I can't personally vouch for if relationships work differently if she asks him out, never having been asked out myself.

El hombre es una bestia famélica, envidiosa e insaciable. (Francisco Tario)

I'm male by the way (yes, I know my avatar is misleading).

Pobodys_Nerfect
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2008, 7:04 pm

I doubt the Aspie boy is the one who made things "complicated". She really needs to tell him.