Has anyone never had a GF/BF before?

Page 4 of 15 [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next

sunshower
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 3:13 am

Orwell wrote:
Never had a gf, had sex, been out on a date, or kissed a girl.

I hadn't either, when I was 18 (change "girl" to "boy"). Literally zero experience. I thought there was no hope for me. I was beginning to think that I would never be in a relationship. (it all seems a bit silly now, especially as 18 seems very young in perspective). Then it all came together at age 19 rather suddenly. :D

PrisonerSix
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 9:19 am

I didn't have a GF or even a date until I was 28, and I eventually married her and we've been happy for 7 years. I always thought there was no hope for me either, but found there was after all.

When I was a teenager, my parents didn't believe teenagers should date or have boyfriends/girlfriends. Not that it would have made a difference anyway, considering the social structure of my high school that pretty much branded me as an outsider since I hadn't been going to school/church/etc. with the students there all my life. Baiscally, it was a christian school where most of the students had gone to elementary school together, or went to church together, and since I was from outside of that, I pretty much didn't belong and my parents wouldn't transfer me out to another school and made me stay there 4 years.

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

AnnaFleischer
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2008, 7:52 am

[quote= When I was in 2nd-3rd grade I fell in love with this girl. She found out about it and she was really mean about it.[/quote]
Ha!

AnnaFleischer
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Oct 2008, 7:54 am

sunshower wrote:
Orwell wrote:
Never had a gf, had sex, been out on a date, or kissed a girl.

I hadn't either, when I was 18 (change "girl" to "boy"). Literally zero experience. I thought there was no hope for me. I was beginning to think that I would never be in a relationship. (it all seems a bit silly now, especially as 18 seems very young in perspective). Then it all came together at age 19 rather suddenly. :D

I know a boy who was like that and had that happen.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 1:54 am

AnnaFleischer wrote:
[quote= When I was in 2nd-3rd grade I fell in love with this girl. She found out about it and she was really mean about it.

Ha![/quote]

First girl I fell in love with was the same. She didn't want my attention or love, but she responded to my advances as if I simply didn't exist. That kind of "discounting" triggered some kind of anger in me, and I said some nasty things to her. I got in trouble, and she was all "he's such a bastard".

I know women can have a different way of doing things, but if she had told me to f**k off to my face, even screamed it at me in front of the class, I know I would have done just that and left her in piece.
For some reason saying that you're not interested in me, literally and clearly, has the right effect, while the "silent treatment" (i.e. saying nothing, and pretending I'm not there) provokes some kind of old anger.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2008, 4:04 am

well I didnt have one when I was born

PhR33kY
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Oct 2008, 4:10 am

Never had one. I think that is partly out of fear too. My high school has the second highest STD transmission rate in the state of Pennsylvania.

AutisticMalcontent
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Oct 2008, 12:42 am

Timpanogos wrote:
In all of my 34 years of life I had never ever had a Girlfriend before. Yes I'm still a virgin and happy of that. I want to save sex until I get married to the right girl and the right reasons too. Alot of times I feel really lonely because I never had a girlfriend before. Yes I had and have many girls that are my friends but It never gets as far as a "Girlfreind & Boyfriend Relantionship". Sometimes I wonder if there is a Mormon/LDS girl out there for me. Also its hard for me to get out meet new LDS women. I have a big fear of rejection and I don't know how to socailize with women. It's also hard for me to pick up on socail cues and body lauguge.
When I was in 2nd-3rd grade I fell in love with this girl. She found out about it and she was really mean about it. I think that is one of the reasons I have this big fear of rejection. I afraid that if I'm rejected then the woman won't like me and be all mean about it.
Thanks,
Timpanogos

Buddy, I certainly feel you, although it has only been 21 years for me, it's still is a b***h to deal with. If you've been single awhile, you feel totally isolated from women and consider them an alien entity, but at the same time it annoys/angers you that have trouble getting girls when some guys seem to have all the luck in the world. I remember seeing couples in high school and getting so annoyed because they were all over each other, but I was jealous because they were sharing something I never had.

I have a fear of rejection too, and that's probably why I haven't been trying as of lately. I also don't try because I see such efforts as futile, and I haven't met a girl yet on this planet who has enticed me intellectually as well as physically. And if I met such a girl, what is the likelihood of us meshing together if I'm no Don Juan? Perhaps a 35%, but not good enough to bet on. After being single 21 years, I don't really see women as romantic objects of affection, I see them more as either friends or acquaintances. Romantically, they are so bizzare and foreign to me that I either see them with contempt, or I just choose not to see them at all romantically, although deep down I might think about "What if we dated, what would that be like?" Women- can't live with them, can't live without them, they are bizzare creatures that defy male explanation.

DG1
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Oct 2008, 5:18 am

Does no one else find this thread a little depressing?-but it is good to know we're not alone.

For those who havn't the experience, maybe it's like selling or like finding a job, where people often say it's a 'numbers game'. In other words, you've got to keep approaching, and trying, and then the odds are that you'll meet someone who ticks enough boxes (and you tick enough of their boxes).

It's hard enough for NTs dating NTs maybe 1/50 approaches(?), then I dare not think what the numbers need to be for us in the dating world. Surely aspies approaching/dating aspies is going to meet with more 'success' whatever your measure of success is.

steveos87
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Oct 2008, 10:02 am

I never had a girlfriend and I never have been kissed or kissed one. I guess I will never have a girlfriend, or if ever get one, it will be someone that I won't care for...

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2008, 3:37 pm

mm.

ive never had a GF but ive gotten action. good action with a vixen. wat happens at the cape stays at the cape 8)

bRain524
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Oct 2008, 5:23 pm

crackedpleasures wrote:
To be virgin at age 30 or so, like some people here, is nothing to be ashamed of. I think society puts too much pressure on the whole thing and that image is being overrated. Those who just go have one night stands solely out of fear to be a "30 year old virgin" IMO have a bigger issue than those who deliberately wait for someone to arrive that they truly love.

Agreed, but people should understand that it is tough to live with the stigma of being an older virgin, particulary if it is generally involuntary.

robbokris
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Dec 2008, 9:07 pm

I'm 17 never had sex, gf, never kissed a girl etc and i feel really embarassed and insecure about never kissing a girl to be honest. :oops:

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2008, 9:24 pm

No gf, went on two dates so far, had sex though - definitely prefer it when there is a relationship and I have kissed a girl.

azureflames
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Dec 2008, 11:19 pm

I have never been in a serious relationship before. Just quick dates.

roadGames
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2008, 11:49 pm

Nothing beyond a very informal string of dates. Still got the v-card. I've seriously come a long way in the past semester and I'm going to go even further outside of what I currently perceive to be "my comfort zone" next semester partly because the post college dating scene scares the s**t out of me.

I'm wondering if all the progress I've made is largely dependent on the type of girls (the kind that don't really do small talk that much relative to others) I've met this semester. If it is, then I've still got a stupidly long way to go, because that type is pretty rare.