connection between aspergers and asexuality?

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

MichaelDWhite
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2011, 7:08 am

I don't think anyone is faking asexuality. It would be easier to lie and say you do have sex or come up with a more socially acceptable explanation for not having sex, like religion. Admitting asexuality takes a lot of bravery because most people won't believe or understand you.

horace
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Apr 2011, 8:15 pm

It was interesting to read these posts. I thought I might be the only one who was basically asexual. Even though I have been in a number of relationships, most of them have become short term, ending rather abruptly and angrily when she announced that I was completely clueless to romance, intimacy. and missing all the signals of interest she was sending.
It is now at the point where I would simply rather not get involved.

MJJost
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Mar 2014, 11:46 pm

I'm basically asexual, or 80% so :p
I've dated these NT girls (I'm self diagnosed-AS at the moment)... and I've had crushes and sex, but...
All three girlfriends approached me, so I wonder how much I saw them as a romantic partner before they shared an "interest" in me.
Inevitably, though I can be very romantic and do practical things for my other (notes, draw things for them), the relationship, from my end, always fizzles out to be platonic. I stop caring about having sex, hugging, cuddling, kissing... I think deep down I basically want a companion, and though I have a normal-ish sex drive, not enough sexual attraction to actually be intimate with women...

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 2:31 am

They both begin with the letter A.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2014, 2:35 am

nere-chan wrote:
I thought I was asexual before I knew I have Asperger. Now I think that my lack of social skills is the reason for my spinsterhood. Well, sometimes I think that maybe my social maturity is a bit ret*d somehow (Pilar Martín Borreguero, a psychologist, said that Asperger is a "social disability"), and sometimes I think that it's only my lack of interest right now. My family and my friends think I'm weird and I'm begining to worry about it, and that makes me worry because I don't want to look for a bf desperately only because I think I need one ( you know, all this Disney movies I saw when I was child brainwashed my mind).

Her current age shows '22' and her post was created in 2010, she was worried about spinsterhood at age 18?? LOLOLOLOL