Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 8:19 am

JennaJ wrote:
Well I have to throw out the cliche'd 'what is normal' line.

Being a trekkie, I can say "normal is what everyone else is and you are not"...

Quote:
People who seem normal in all respects can often be very boring anyway Toad.

Well my point was that no woman even close to "normal" would want anything to do romantically with me... therefore I'm limited to the crazies...

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 10:06 am

Toad, I love the new profile pic and slogan :)

billsmithglendale
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2009, 10:14 am

JennaJ wrote:
Your statement above just undermined a lot of your credibility as anyone who has had any real experiences with a broad cross-section of the public -- you seem to be speaking from an ivory tower. How can you go 42 years in life without meeting a biker or gang member? Have you ever been to a public beach?

Did I EVER ONCE SAY I NEVER MET A BIKER OR MAYBE WAS IN THE VICINITY OF A GANG MEMBER? No, i did not. I said i never met anyone with a referenced gang tattoo. If they were a member of a gang, i did not visibly see any of the recognized gang tats you mentioned. As for a biker, I know a lot of bikers, and not all of them are bad. Another paradigm in your head. Read what I write, not what you assume please.

Thanks.

You're still dodging the issue then -- are you living somewhere remote or sheltered, where you never come into contact with gang members (biker or otherwise), or are your observational skills poor? Either way, you are making your perspective somewhat moot. If you can't see the forest for the trees, or you don't live where there are any, maybe you shouldn't be commenting on "forestry." Rest assured that a lot of full-time bikers are gang members, unless the ones you are meeting are the weekend ones who work white-collar jobs the rest of the week. The L.A., Oxnard, and San Bernardino area (you still haven't said where you live) has had big problems with biker gangs trafficking in meth and getting into fights in and out of the state.

Here's the point -- you seem to be projecting what should be vs. what is.

What should be (according to you) -- everyone can look however they want, and somehow what is inside can be totally independent of that and be judged without bias from the "cosmetic" appearances.

What is -- people's appearances are reflective (99% of the time, excluding sociopaths like serial killers, who are a fraction of a fraction of a % of the total and outliers) of their approach to life and values. The person covered with tattoos and piercings may be a great person, but something is going on under the hood that made them do something somewhat extreme by our cultural standards. And if someone dresses like an idiot or low-life, well, they probably are.