I don't want to date poor people

Page 33 of 35 [ 558 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Spiderpig
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 1:24 am

She probably doesn't want to take the weekend trip alone, either, so the boyfriend can't just stay at home—he'd better go with her and pay for it. If he doesn't, some wealthier suitor will.

The red lake has been forgotten. A dust devil stuns you long enough to shroud forever those last shards of wisdom. The breeze rocking this forlorn wasteland whispers in your ears, “Não resta mais que uma sombra”.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 1:48 am

Look at the number of homeless men vs women, and at the numbers of househusbands (barely 2% in the most advanced societies) vs housewives - it becomes very obvious which gender is less willing to shelter and support the other, and which gender is more forgiving of the partner's nonworking status.
Not saying it's all, but it is an obvious trend.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 2:43 am

Boo, maybe it's just me but it looks like this trend supports both wage gap and patriarchy? Shouldn't men be in favor of this trend and not women then?

sly279 wrote:
Makes me feel like I should just die :cry:
I'll never make as much as the lowest paid or unemployed woman

While I still think that financial state is important for nearly everyone, there's a few exceptions. Everyone has different believes and I bet there's at least one anti-capitalist girl around you, sly.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:16 am

314pe wrote:
Boo, maybe it's just me but it looks like this trend supports both wage gap and patriarchy? Shouldn't men be in favor of this trend and not women then?

sly279 wrote:
Makes me feel like I should just die :cry:
I'll never make as much as the lowest paid or unemployed woman

While I still think that financial state is important for nearly everyone, there's a few exceptions. Everyone has different believes and I bet there's at least one anti-capitalist girl around you, sly.

Yeah but she won't like my looks or personality, etc. :( I have too many negatives. God cursed me from birth probably why I was dying when born stupid doctors.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:18 am

In my personal experiences, a male is more likely to fall for his female friend than vice-versa.

I've noticed a lot of young men may say they're 'just friends' with a woman, but may be secretly attracted to her, or at least would give her a chance and try for a relationship with her if she were interested in him, but the opposite is rarely true.

When a woman only sees a male as a friend, it seems very set in stone and next to impossible to change. She really does see him 100% as a 'brother' type, while at least 10% of men in this world harbor some deep sub-conscious attractiveness to a female friend just waiting to come out.

A few studies show men think their female friend feels the same way, even slightly attracted to them back, but most of the women report they feel NO attraction whatsoever to a male friend:

http://jezebel.com/5928140/men-usually- ... ng-on-them

Quote:
Researchers surveyed more than 80 ostensibly platonic male-female friendships, and found that the men were often more attracted to their female friends than vice versa. This romantic ardor didn't dissipate if, say, either friend was already dating someone else, which finding Scientific American characterizes as "surprising," but which we might qualify as "indecisive." Men also thought (incorrectly) that their female friends were also secretly harboring major crushes.

All of THESE men actually speak of their attractions to their 'completely platonic friend':

http://thoughtcatalog.com/christine-sto ... n-them-on/

Quote:
“Guys and girls can’t ever be just friends. There will always be some sort of attraction there, at least on one end. There’s not a single girl in my friend group who I haven’t fantasized about at one time or another...

Quote:
Men are visual creatures so sometimes it’s hard to remember that the beautiful body you’re looking at belongs to someone you aren’t supposed to have those kind of feelings for.

This youtube interview video provides more personal experiences:

This study says while men and women can be 'just friends', men are more likely to see potential in her as a romantic or sexual partner:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... st-friends

Quote:
Male and female responses did differ on a few key items though. Men were more likely to see sex and romantic potential in an opposite sex friend as a benefit (women primarily saw it as a cost). As a result, men were also more likely than women to say that they had sex with an opposite sex friend (22% vs. 11%). Men were also more likely to report friendship costs of lowered self-worth and giving time to help the friend, while women found their own inability to reciprocate the male's attraction as costly. Therefore, when friendships did not turn sexual or romantic, men were often left feeling rejected and used (i.e. "friend zoned"), while women felt uncomfortable with the unequal attraction. In contrast, when friendships did turn romantic/sexual, some of these men continued to label the women as "just friends" - at about double the rate of women. This leads to the "other" friend zone women more routinely face, the "friends-with-benefits zone", where sex is shared but commitment is not reciprocated.

A few studies show men fall in love harder and faster than women:
http://www.marieclaire.com/sex-love/a57 ... tionships/
http://elitedaily.com/dating/men-likely ... en/965285/

Quote:
Do men get attached more easily than women? And if so, does that represent a sea change in gender behaviors?

The researchers behind a new survey from Match.com seem to think that might be the case. Men apparently fall in love more quickly than women: 54 percent of guys say they've felt love at first sight, for instance, compared to 44 percent of women. Guys are also less interested in having time to themselves, away from their significant other: 77 percent of women say having personal space is "very important," compared to just 58 percent of men, and only 23 percent of guys think it's crucial to have regular nights out with their pals, as opposed to 35 percent of the ladies.

Quote:
According to Marissa Harrison, a psychologist from Pennsylvania State University, women are much more cautious when it comes to love and men have a tendency to fall in — hard and fast.

In a study published in the Journal of Social Psychology, Harrison asked 172 college students if they'd ever been in love.

If participants answered yes, she asked how long it took them to say “I love you.” Not surprisingly, men were prone to say it much faster than women, declaring their love after just a few weeks compared to women, who took a few months.

Women are more likely to initiate divorce than men: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... -heres-why

Quote:
The study, based on a survey of over 2000 heterosexual couples, found that women initiated nearly 70% of all divorces. Yet there was no significant difference between the percentage of breakups initiated by women and men in non-marriage relationships.

Also, when men and women come together to rate the attractiveness of both sexes, women are overall rated by both men and other women higher, and men are rated lower: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... they-think

Quote:
The researchers also examined whether participants’ ratings of others level of attractiveness depended on their own level of self-perceived attractiveness. They found that it did, but only for men. Men who rated themselves as more attractive were more likely to rate others (both women and men) as more attractive. Women, on the other hand, showed no such difference.

OkCupid results show women rate 80% of men as 'below average': https://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your ... ne-dating/

It is in my personal experiences most women do not like to be cold approached by strangers and feel uncomfortable or annoyed by it, and would be unlikely to give a man a chance for a date if he approached her in this manner.

Meanwhile, I can't say I've observed the opposite to be true, because I've seen a lot of men that are very flattered by it and would go on a date with women when cold approached him.

Men are the one's actually affected more by breakups, according to these studies: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/it ... ougher-men

Men are found to be 'more romantic': https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/th ... they-think

Quote:
So let’s start with how men and women score on the most well-known measure of romanticism, the Romantic Beliefs Scale.2 This questionnaire asks people to rate the extent to which they agree with statements like, “There will only be one real love for me," “If I love someone, I know I can make the relationship work, despite any obstacles," and, "The person I love will make a perfect romantic partner; he/she will be completely accepting, loving, and understanding.”

The researchers who developed the scale have found that, on average, men outscore women.

In my personal experiences, as I have spent years browsing multiple websites including here, Reddit, Citydata, Social Anxiety Forum, Facebook, Bodybuilding.com, and a variety of other public forums, men who are single and lonely, and men who identify as 'Forever Alone' (have never had a single relationship or ever felt desired by another person in their entire life) appear to significantly outnumber women in the same position, but of course female F/As exist.

Evidence:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ForeverAlone/c ... lone_male/
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskMen/comment ... alone_men/
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=body ... ilding.com

This collection of my personal experiences, a high amount of the personal experiences of others, and studies and statistics, just goes to provide evidence for the hypothesis that men want and value love more than women do.

If you disagree, please provide multiple studies as well and more personal experiences than just yourself.

One single personal experience won't cut it.

You'd need multiple personal experiences and studies that also back-up what you're saying.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 3:33 am

Outrider wrote:
In my personal experiences, as I have spent years browsing multiple websites including here, Reddit, Citydata, Social Anxiety Forum, Facebook, Bodybuilding.com, and a variety of other public forums, men who are single and lonely, and men who identify as 'Forever Alone' (have never had a single relationship or ever felt desired by another person in their entire life) appear to significantly outnumber women in the same position, but of course female F/As exist.

In your age range (let's say it's <35 years), men outnumber women. Let's say that most people eventually do find a partner, then this small difference in number could in theory cause this larger skew.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 5:49 am

314pe wrote:

Actually patriarchy should be renamed alpha-patriarchy to be more accurate, because in reality only the males at the top status/wealth fully benefit from it. State leaders don't go to wars themselves, nor they would end up homeless.

and yes, it does affect the wage gap, definitely - there are studies on why the workingmen/housewives couples cause a wage gap in disfavor of working women and unmarried men.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 6:53 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Look at the number of homeless men vs women, and at the numbers of househusbands (barely 2% in the most advanced societies) vs housewives - it becomes very obvious which gender is less willing to shelter and support the other, and which gender is more forgiving of the partner's nonworking status.

It could also be that the househusband gig just isn't working out--that they end up being lazy losers instead of productive partners. Part of it may be training--they may lack the knowledge and skills needed to keep house. Though I found everything I needed to know about hemming a couple shirts on the Internet... now I have a couple of heavy flannel shirts that are just the right size. 8)

It could also be that trophy wives who get to stay home and raise kids are winners, and the guys who have to stay at home and do the same thing are losers.

314pe
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 8:23 am

BTDT wrote:
It could also be that trophy wives who get to stay home and raise kids are winners, and the guys who have to stay at home and do the same thing are losers.

In what sense are they winners? Do you men that their position is more desirable or that they're better at it? I'm confused because I don't think that stereotypical trophy wife would be good at hemming shirts, for example.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2016, 2:11 pm

They are winners because being home to raise kids with plenty of resources is something that most women want. Yes, many women are jealous of other women who marry well and get to raise kids with spouse who provides enough so that they can stay home and raise the kids. Having to work and leave the kids at daycare isn't as desirable.

Aspiegrrrl
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Oct 2016, 4:33 pm

BTDT wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It could also be that the househusband gig just isn't working out--that they end up being lazy losers instead of productive partners. Part of it may be training--they may lack the knowledge and skills needed to keep house. Though I found everything I needed to know about hemming a couple shirts on the Internet... now I have a couple of heavy flannel shirts that are just the right size. 8)

I have a couple of friends with stay at home husbands. It wasn't planned, just ended up working out that way. In both cases, the woman's career took off around the time of the first baby and it made sense to have dad be the primary parent.

In the first case, she was was a lawyer who'd made partner and hubby managed a Starbucks. In the second, she made senior director and he elected to keep a lower-level, low stress government job with flexible hours until both kids were in school.

It was a mutual decision to have dad stay home and I assume that's the case when mom decides to stay home/not work.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2016, 9:25 am

'Does this make me a bad person? I'm middle class'.

Yes, it does!

AlexaSaturn
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Oct 2016, 5:15 pm

bourgeoisie will always be bourgeoisie.

Also if you're living in america middle class no longer exists. If you're not in the top 1% your ass is poor, but able to buy s**t at christmas.

pro-cure,atheist,anarcho-syndicalist,anti-conservative pc,pro-wrestling and jiu jitsu is life

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 9:15 am

I don't acknowledge class differences because there are none. There is nobody on Earth socially above me and there is nobody on Earth socially below me. Or you, for that matter. We are all human, all equal.

As me ould grandmother once said: 'Everyone's poo stinks the same!'

I_Heart_Unicorns
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Oct 2016, 9:33 am

Rezdis wrote:
Does this make me a bad person?
I'm middle class and I only want to date people who are middle or upper class. Yet I always seem to have people poorer then me ask me and I feel bad when that is the main reason I don't want to go out with them but it's true.
Also when poor people want to date me how do I brush them off?

A bad person? Don't know. At least you're honest.
On one hand I can understand this. I mean, who wants to go out with someone who can't pay their way?
But you self-identify as middle class, which means that someone who's upper class may look down their nose at you the same way you do about poor people. Ever thought about that?
If you don't want to go out with poor people JUST SAY NO.

MamaFrankie5259
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 3:56 pm

I don't want to go out with anyone (the only man I would consider has been married for 36 years).

But if I was, I certainly wouldn't date an idle rich man who has never done an honest day's work in his life.