So how do I get a boyfriend?

Page 5 of 24 [ 370 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24  Next

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 4:48 pm

^ but you have to try .... stagnancy would do nothing.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 4:55 pm

Looking a bit crazed or not, I dont see a problem getting a man, if you set your sights correctly.

Obviously the range of available men is more limited, but all that really means is you need to be more prudent with your target audience. At least that way you avoid wasting your time and rejection.

Personally, I'm from the Polynesian school of sex first, then see if we can have a relationship, rather than the other way round. I realize this is ethically debatable, but hey, at least you finally get off.

We tend to moralize this as wrong, which i dont believe it is. (in moderation)

So where are the fishing grounds for your potential men? I dont know where you live and what its like.....

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 5:08 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
^ but you have to try .... stagnancy would do nothing.

I've improved myself significantly over the past decade. However I'm not going to place myself in a situation of severe discomfort that I cannot maintain and would result in ultimate failure.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 5:08 pm

Bethie wrote:
Chronos wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:

That said, I'm clueless in the NT world, so you'll need advice from someone else on that matter. I would think that approaching the generally shy population could still make use of what i said, but then again it's hard to tell...

Women with AS and shy people don't go well together because shy people are indirect typically expect others to read their mind. And if an NT can't do that, how do you ever expect someone with AS to be able to do that? The shy person also usually bottles up all of their feelings and has a lot of compressed anger so they either explode on people or act passive aggressive.

Thus, woman with AS + shy guy = very volatile situation with a bad ending.

What a load of horses**t. :roll:

How is that?

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 7:13 pm

dont confuse elegance with grace. dressing elegantly is a matter of clothes.

you can dress elegantly no matter your body size. How you behave in that outfit is something else entirely. I mentioned the dress and outward factors because they are two thirds of the 'hey im here get interested in me' effort.

as for body posture and such... practice moving slowly. While living in Japan with a host family I had the chance to see a grandma and mother teach their little girl how to behave towards others and in public (kid was about 5) . They kept repeating to her 'dont move so fast, moving slowly makes you look graceful' .. and that was amazing to see and to realize that it was true! girls that learn to slow down their movements find their grace enhanced and that is something us guys notice a LOT.

ultimately you do have to talk to the guy/girl .. and that is precisely where the AS tends to run one aground.

Thing is, many cant get past the 1st stage which is catching the attention of the other side. Start with that...and practice for the 2nd stage (talking).

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:39 am

Dantac wrote:
dont confuse elegance with grace. dressing elegantly is a matter of clothes.

you can dress elegantly no matter your body size. How you behave in that outfit is something else entirely. I mentioned the dress and outward factors because they are two thirds of the 'hey im here get interested in me' effort.

as for body posture and such... practice moving slowly. While living in Japan with a host family I had the chance to see a grandma and mother teach their little girl how to behave towards others and in public (kid was about 5) . They kept repeating to her 'dont move so fast, moving slowly makes you look graceful' .. and that was amazing to see and to realize that it was true! girls that learn to slow down their movements find their grace enhanced and that is something us guys notice a LOT.

ultimately you do have to talk to the guy/girl .. and that is precisely where the AS tends to run one aground.

Thing is, many cant get past the 1st stage which is catching the attention of the other side. Start with that...and practice for the 2nd stage (talking).

Wholeheartedly agree with this. 'The walk' is crucial to attraction. As a non verbal communication along with grooming, it can act as a hypnosis to men and women. Sometimes when I KNOW i am relaxed and happy to a point where my walking style is attracting others to me. This builds on itself confidence wise. Recently even a male buddy commented on my flowing style of movement. Sometimes I consciously practise moving with grace. Then I open my mouth and they run screaming :wink:

I believe moving with grace and power can be learned, even by aspies with motor issues

Gnomon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2010, 4:00 am

If you're serious in asking how you can get a boyfriend, then the answer is straightforward unless you look severely abnormal - pick a guy and tell him you're interested in him. Some men may find this briefly disconcerting - we're used to having to work for female attention - but if you look nice enough, they'll take it as an ego boost and be more than happy to go along with it. However, if your question is intended to ask how you can attract men into taking an active interest in you without you having to assume the role of the aggressor, then that has largely already been answered: Look nice and flirt. If you find flirtation difficult to understand, and don't have any objections to sexual directness, you can always start with sex and get to know a guy from there - you won't find any more reliable way to keep a man's attention.

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 4:14 am

Think of yourself as hot stuff and go out there and talk to guys. Talk to guys you'd like. Be flirty.
Hopefully they will return the gestures.

... I guess at some point you two get together and *BAM*, you're BF and GF. Don't know how it happens, I just call it magic.
Because magic is what is looks like to me. Completely unexplainable.

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 4:22 am

I feel like I'm talking to NT's.

How many of you have actually met a woman with AS?

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:38 am

Your right. Its hopeless. Give up now.

(PS I think about an aspie girl, every day!)

Other AS girls I've met who dont dress well and have more issues, really arnt that bad! I find a lot of people attractive(in a nice way) and I like the expression and demeanour of AS females.

I see beauty in them, there is beauty in everyone(except serial killers and world leaders)

Beauty and sexual energy spark can come from within, when the mind lives in beauty and the body is active.

SuperApsie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2010, 8:28 am

Hi Chronos, is there a famous woman (real or fictive) you can identify to? Or more than one if you recognize some traits

In the animal kingdom, females are just choosing among the male who makes a parade in front of her. But in the human kingdom there is a huge stockpile of men that don't parade, is that your target if I understood well?

Then what are the things you want from a man? beyond what your AS see-through laser can detect

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 8:55 am

This is going to sound a bit trite but I believe it to be true and it's what I've taught my daughter and she's doing alright.

First off, don't try too hard. Desperation is a real turn off.

Secondly, and this is the important bit, look with you head and heart not with your eyes. The best boyfriends are usually the ones who are overlooked because they don't look right, dress right, are too quiet or geeky. But take it from an older, more experienced lady, these guys are more often than not the ones who will treat you right and will genuinely love you. All of my female friends who are now married or in long term relationships have ended up with someone they normally would never have looked twice at. To quote a very close friend:

"I don't know what to do. I've met a guy and he's so kind and gentle and funny and I love his company. (Me: What's the problem then?) He wears an anorak and is surgically attached to his rucksack."

She got over it and they have been married for years and years and years now.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 11:13 am

Chronos wrote:

They're NTs :lol:

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 11:56 am

Chronos wrote:

I have yet to encounter a single woman/girl/something even vaguely similar who has indentifieable AS. Just sayin'..

Gnomon
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

15 Sep 2010, 4:36 pm

Chronos wrote:

I knew a girl in high school who I think might have had AS. Her mannerisms, style of speaking, indelicacy of responses were all very "spectrumly." It was what I liked about her. She would say the crudest things, and I had assumed it was because she didn't care what people thought of her, but maybe she just didn't know. Anyway, she had no trouble attracting attention - I myself fell in love with her (alas, unrequited), and she had always had a boyfriend as long as I knew her. She looked plain, so it wasn't because she was especially beautiful either - she was just very aggressive (not that I'm suggesting this as a general strategy for AS women).

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 8:54 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
If someone is already over 25 or 30 and was always living in normal environment (School , university, working , living in peace, no war, no poverty , not living in orphanage , not living in cave ...etc etc) yet still never had any bf/gf (yet he or she was seeking) then that only means that this one lacks something crucial that excludes him/her of the gene pool.

Keep in mind , that advices such as "join a club or activity" for a such person are.....desperate last shots. Individuals in activities or clubs are of the same species of the people you have been dealing with during the last 30 (or so ever) years. If you have failed to get a boyfriend from the biggest population in your life (the total of people you have met in life so far) then , logically and probability-wise speaking, you will most probably also fail in getting a boyfriend out of a much smaller population such as a club's population. (and shared activities/interests don't create attraction, that's a famous stupid myth , they might help later in the relationship but they do not create the initial spark. Most couples don't have shared interests/activities).

I am not trying to put you down, I still recommend you to follow Janissy's advice , but I am just telling you that those are desperate shots so don't have very high hopes , this might be your last chance tho so if you are lucky enough then it might works.

Yep, because we both know that the only way to pass on your genetics if via a gf/bf.........not that one night stands will play any part in that...