Do guys make too big of a deal about sex?

Page 5 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Do guys make too big of a deal about sex?
Yes - and I am a woman 28%  28%  [ 13 ]
No - and I am a woman 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Yes - and I am a man 32%  32%  [ 15 ]
No - and I am a man 30%  30%  [ 14 ]
Other... 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 47

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 2:41 pm

Laz wrote:

I'm glad to see women are still each others worst enemies. I was beginning to think WP was a lesbian commune

Meh... I wouldn't date most of the women I've seen on this site.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 2:46 pm

Laz wrote:
I'm glad to see women are still each others worst enemies. I was beginning to think WP was a lesbian commune

Well it pretty much is with the exception of Tea, she's quite possibly the only one who isn't too biased to see both sides of things and not instantly blame men for all her problems.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 2:49 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
you assumed i was coming from the perspective of my 'stupid university education'. i didn't even talk about studies or statistics.

No. I assumed you were going to try and prove me wrong with the education you claimed to have in the other thread two days ago. It's hard not to come to that conclusion when you have such strong views about sexual abuse.
so you attacked me based on an assumption? and now you're even implying i just 'claim' to have a university education. wow.

you clearly have a problem with me. i do not know why, and frankly i don't care. but i haven't done anything to you, except on one single occasion i made one single unacceptable comment, which i acknowledged was not fair and take full responsibility for. you continue to make remarks against me which i have done nothing to deserve.

if you disagree with me, fine. disagree with my points. but personally attacking me is not cool and does not serve any real purpose in a discussion.

there are things that i care passionately about, and i will debate those things strongly. feel free to debate those things with me, but don't try to hamstring me. it will not work.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 2:53 pm

I apologize for attacking based on an assumption. That wasn't fair of me. (See, that's what an apology looks like...)

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 2:55 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I apologize for attacking based on an assumption. That wasn't fair of me. (See, that's what an apology looks like...)
you are angry with me because i didn't apologize well enough?

i'm sorry that i made a rude implication about you and another member of the site.

now, will you please stop this? i already agreed with you that my statement about rape survivors was too general.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 2:57 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
i haven't done anything to you, except on one single occasion i made one single unacceptable comment, which i acknowledged was not fair and take full responsibility for.

Maybe they should have taught you how to count in college? I see it as more of a daily thing for you to attack me and Tea.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 3:00 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
you are angry with me because i didn't apologize well enough?

i'm sorry that i made a rude implication about you and another member of the site.

now, will you please stop this? i already agreed with you that my statement about rape survivors was too general.

Clearly your accusation then affected you far more than it affected me. Surviving rape is just a hot button issue for me, and you pushed it.

I thought I had clearly demonstrated yesterday that I am capable of putting past issues aside in order to talk civilly, but apparently you didn't get the message.

Ambrose_Rotten
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Sep 2010, 3:07 pm

You do realize that at this point, you're fighting over nothing, right? I mean, you all were fighting about hot-button issues, but now you're just fighting about fighting. I fail to see the logic.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 3:10 pm

Ambrose_Rotten wrote:
You do realize that at this point, you're fighting over nothing, right? I mean, you all were fighting about hot-button issues, but now you're just fighting about fighting. I fail to see the logic.

I've said what needed to be said. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 3:32 pm

JohnisBlind wrote:
Do you really think guys feel like they are going to "explode" for not getting sex? Have you ever felt like that?

I've hear the expression used by men. No, it never happen to me, but although I enjoy my sexuality it definitely isn't as important in my life as it seems to be to others. But there are other things that would drive me insane if I would lose them, so...

On a side note, I don't think asexual people are missing anything for example. They might not feel that kind of pleasure and intimacy, but they won't make all the terrible mistakes many make when blinded by lust - it sort of evens out.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 3:53 pm

Ambrose_Rotten wrote:
true. i get too emotional. i'd make a terrible vulcan.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:03 pm

Ambrose_Rotten wrote:

Those two want Aspie men to stop seeing prostitutes and call girls. They are both female and you know how females on these boards can get. I see a woman once a month and I'm not going to stop seeing her. Why should I?

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:10 pm

Craig28 wrote:
Those two want Aspie men to stop seeing prostitutes and call girls. They are both female and you know how females on these boards can get. I see a woman once a month and I'm not going to stop seeing her. Why should I?

If someone asked you outright not to see a prostitute, they were out of line. But otherwise, why do you care? It's your life, you live with the consequences so the least you can do is make your own decisions.

Last edited by Sallamandrina on 16 Sep 2010, 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:25 pm

Craig28 wrote:
Ambrose_Rotten wrote:

What in god's name are you talking about?

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:29 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
Craig28 wrote:
Ambrose_Rotten wrote:

What in god's name are you talking about?

I have no idea. I don't think anyone even mentioned prostitution before now. If they did, I missed it but still... >.>

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:32 pm

Even so, Erisad, I never expressed a desire for him to stop seeing his little whore. Craig be trippin'.