Page 5 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 11:59 am

Quote:
Now if only I could save my game in real life and reload if I screw up, that would be great. That's why I game so much: with enough patience, I have infinite attempts to get something right. In the real world, you screw up once, you're done...

And as much as I respect your opinions on the matter, I still have a hard time believing it. It's a hostile world out there, full of people ready to run me over. I want to be loved, not hated. Unfortunately, it seems the latter is more likely to occur if I leave my "other physical/metaphorical obstacles". Is there a way to know when it's safe to come out?

You're gonna get hurt and rejected before you find the right person. That's just life. Everyone - even outgoing NTs - face this. But if you're not in the game, you're not going to win the prize.

Just don't obsess over it. Put yourself out there and look, while still enjoying life and being who you are.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:01 pm

At 74% nerd and 43% dork I have been married twice and have a beautiful son, but it didn't happen until I stopped perseverating on the negative.

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:01 pm

I think it's possibly something to do with my fashion sense (it's missing, presumed very very lost) and lack of knowledge about popular culture... I have people writing me lists of films that apparently I have to see because *everyone* has seen them.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:14 pm

Gremmie wrote:
I think it's possibly something to do with my fashion sense (it's missing, presumed very very lost) and lack of knowledge about popular culture... I have people writing me lists of films that apparently I have to see because *everyone* has seen them.

I am completely ignorant about popular culture too, I don't even know what people are talking about around here 1/2 the time.

As for my fashion sense, I just go to the H&M style guides and buy what they tell me to - problem solved - dorky problem, nerdy solution - it's good to be well-rounded... :wink:

Gremmie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:19 pm

Grisha wrote:
Gremmie wrote:

I am completely ignorant about popular culture too, I don't even know what people are talking about around here 1/2 the time.

As for my fashion sense, I just go to the H&M style guides and buy what they tell me to - problem solved - dorky problem, nerdy solution - it's good to be well-rounded... :wink:

:lol:

My boyfriend actually made his younger sister take me shopping because she knows what she's doing. It was educational. :)

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:23 pm

Grisha wrote:

Apparently, you have a Minor Threat and Radiohead shirt. Your fashion sense can't be all that bad.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:24 pm

My score...

Outcast Genius
65 % Nerd, 57% Geek, 57% Dork
For The Record:

A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.
A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.
A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.
You scored better than half in all three, earning you the title of: Outcast Genius.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:24 pm

Gremmie wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Gremmie wrote:

:lol:

My boyfriend actually made his younger sister take me shopping because she knows what she's doing. It was educational. :)

I'm 43. I have a full-time job, I have children. I'm a responsible adult. And yet my mother and my cousin STILL pick out my clothes, because I just can't be bothered. Seriously, if I didn't have to answer 1,000,000 stupid questions about it, I'd probably shave my head. My own outsides just don't matter that much to me!

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:31 pm

abaisse wrote:
Grisha wrote:

Apparently, you have a Minor Threat and Radiohead shirt. Your fashion sense can't be all that bad.

Don't forget Black Flag!

Not sure if shirts reflecting my love of music are cool though, seems like everyone wears TapouT and Affliction these days: impossibly lame if you ask me...

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

abaisse wrote:
Ex-hubby. Yes. I am very experienced at organizing O'Reilly books for my nerd of choice's home library. I can cite by memory which animal is on which book. :wink: Those are some hot skills. I know.

That has to be one of the geekiest things I have heard from a female (and Im studying to became an IT and talk to some of my female classmates). Is it wrong that I find it hot?

Moving on to the test:
Modern, Cool Nerd
70 % Nerd, 78% Geek, 48% Dork

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt255139.html

mv
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:38 pm

Grisha wrote:
Don't forget Black Flag!

Lurve all things Rollins!

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:43 pm

mv wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Don't forget Black Flag!

Lurve all things Rollins!

Just went to see him in Hollywood a couple of weeks ago - he's on tour now, try not to miss it if he's in your area...

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

I've never been to a concert. I don't think I ever want to.

abaisse
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:49 pm

I took the test, got to the end, and you have to sign up to get the results? ARGH! No!! !! :evil:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:50 pm

You don't have to sign up. That's all optional.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2011, 12:54 pm

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
I've never been to a concert. I don't think I ever want to.

I can't do the giant arena ones. I curl up and rock in a corner. Smaller venues are sometimes okay but the noise level gets to me quickly. Every once in a while I'm pleasantly surprised, though. I saw Liz Phair a couple of years ago at a smaller venue and it was really enjoyable.