Do looks even matter for Aspies?

Page 5 of 11 [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

02 Apr 2011, 7:44 pm

Tequila wrote:
I'd wager that most Aspies who say they aren't at all bothered about a woman's (or man's!) looks on some level are lying. They certainly matter to me and it plays a part, though it wouldn't be the be the start, beginning and end as with many regular people.

Guess I'm lying, then. :roll:

I don't "get" physical attraction, though, to be fair.

albertwesker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

02 Apr 2011, 8:09 pm

Bethie wrote:
Tequila wrote:
I'd wager that most Aspies who say they aren't at all bothered about a woman's (or man's!) looks on some level are lying. They certainly matter to me and it plays a part, though it wouldn't be the be the start, beginning and end as with many regular people.

because you are a female, women are wired differently than men

women are nowhere near as visual as men, men are almost 100% visual

i wouldn't listen to any guy that says looks aren't important, sounds like a low self esteem type that doesn't think the best looking girl in the room would give him the time of day

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My World, Highview, Louisville, Kentucky, USA, Earth, The Milky Way, Local Group, Local Supercluster

02 Apr 2011, 8:48 pm

albertwesker wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Tequila wrote:

i wouldn't listen to any guy that says looks aren't important, sounds like a low self esteem type that doesn't think the best looking girl in the room would give him the time of day

No...if you haven't noticed, plenty of women experience physical attraction based on looks.

Conversely, the longest relationship of my life was with a guy (Aspie) who didn't give a rat's @ss about looks,
and he certainly didn't have low esteem- if anything, he was arrogant about himself-it's simply not important to some men.

There ARE NO hard fast rules for men or women, Aspies or NT's.

Joker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 5:10 pm

Bethie wrote:
albertwesker wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Tequila wrote:

No...if you haven't noticed, plenty of women experience physical attraction based on looks.

Conversely, the longest relationship of my life was with a guy (Aspie) who didn't give a rat's @ss about looks,
and he certainly didn't have low esteem- if anything, he was arrogant about himself-it's simply not important to some men.

I agree with bethie and I am open about that fact that im bisexual I like women and men but I prefer women I dont date guys though I will have sex with them but dating men is something that I wont do I like a good pair of legs on a girl or guy thats about as far as looks go for me I just like legs on either :D

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 6:26 pm

I don't think asperger's syndrome influences the tendence human beings have to judge people by appearance. I don't deny I consider looks a crucial factor in choosing a potential partner. Why not?

albertwesker

05 Apr 2011, 9:44 pm

Bethie wrote:
albertwesker wrote:
Bethie wrote:
Tequila wrote:

no woman stays with a guy for long just because of physical attraction, they stay with a guy based on how he makes her feel

all guys care about looks, if he told you he didn't care he was lying because he knew that is what you wanted to hear, kinda like how women say money isn't important but we all know it is

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 10:28 pm

albertwesker wrote:

all guys care about looks, if he told you he didn't care he was lying because he knew that is what you wanted to hear, kinda like how women say money isn't important but we all know it is

If you don't know enough about the world to see that PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT, don't opine about them.
It just makes you look stupid, and irritates the people (that is, the entire planet of people) you presume to speak for.

If you see heterosexual relations as synonymous with prostitution, that's your own problem.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 10:36 pm

albertwesker wrote:
, kinda like how women say money isn't important but we all know it is

It isnt to me. I couldnt give a crap how much a guy I was dating earned.

Taking a break.

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2011, 11:36 pm

zen_mistress wrote:
albertwesker wrote:

You're obviously lying, zen mistress. All women are gold diggers. :wink:

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2011, 11:40 pm

^^^ That's blatantly false. Any occupational analysis will show that gold miners are overwhelmingly male, Cosby Totten and Nellie Cashman not withstanding.

ETA:

19th century Welsh coal miners, now, are a different story.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

Bethie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 12:40 am

ZeroGravitas wrote:
^^^ That's blatantly false. Any occupational analysis will show that gold miners are overwhelmingly male, Cosby Totten and Nellie Cashman not withstanding.

ETA:

19th century Welsh coal miners, now, are a different story.

That's like...the most overly-literal inference I've seen here thus far. :D

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 1:01 am

Bethie wrote:
zen_mistress wrote:
albertwesker wrote:

You're obviously lying, zen mistress. All women are gold diggers. :wink:

Oh, that's right. Sorry.... *goes off to hang out at the yacht club wearing a cocktail dress*

Taking a break.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 1:25 am

albertwesker wrote:

are you serious? all guys only care about looks.......if thats not a load of bs I am not sure what is. maybe its true for you but I can think of plenty of guys I know that care about a lot more then looks.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 1:29 am

As for this thread in general...yes looks are somewhat important. However I am attracted to guys that look like they should be in death metal bands(there are other looks I am attracted to but that's one of the main ones). A girl who fits perfectly into society and follows all the social norms might be attracted to guys that look a bit more clean cut or whatever.

So yeah looks matter, but the kind of looks people are attracted to vary....and to me personality does play a huge role as well if someone looks attractive but is a complete ass who would not treat me right then the looks could not make up for it.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2011, 1:31 am

Here is an accurate summary of albertwesker's posts in here.

Bethie wrote:
It just makes you look stupid

Bethie wrote:

Bethie wrote:

Bethie wrote:

Bethie wrote:

Bethie wrote:

Exhumed
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Apr 2011, 3:08 am

I'm obsessed with improving my appearance, but the only thing I'm still dissatisfied with is my skinny body. I've seen science (sorry, I'm too lazy to post links) saying men are turned on a lot by looks, whereas women aren't as much. It's not as though looks are the ONLY thing important to men or women DON'T care about looks, clearly. It's certainly true that looks matter more to a guy. Why else would women wear makeup? Men do what they can to look good today just to get a little edge, because we're the aggressors in the dating world. Men often judge women based on their looks when discussing them. I'm sure women do too, but it plays a greater importance for men. Not the greatEST, but greater than it does for women.