Page 5 of 17 [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Not to be a prude or a stiff here but these questions really inspire me more than anything and, when I'm dealing with the NT world its the same thing - the line between prospects vs. meaningless eye candy has a lot to do with the last five questions.

Look at it from the opposite angle.

You've got a dude roommate. Okay, cool.
You've got a chick roommate. Okay, cool.
You've got a chick roommate that you're attracted to. Now things get interesting.
You've got a chick roommate and there is mutual attraction. Ideal situation.
Might go on forever if you're both cool with it.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:19 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
the pic reminds me of movies or tv shows where they throw a pair of glasses on a beautiful girl and call her "ugly" or something.

To be honest, the girl does look like me, and no, guys weren't standing in lines waiting to date me. I also wear glasses. You'd be surprised how many guys are disgusted by a pair of glasses, flannel shirts and geeky interests.

I mean, seriously, some guys expect a girl to be conventionally pretty or at least to act "feminine". I know plenty of "plain" looking girls with geeky interests that no guys, NTs or otherwise, pay attention to... Unless they're desperate and see them as a last resort.

Last edited by deconstruction on 15 Nov 2011, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:20 pm

Concretebadger wrote:
I'm just appreciating the fact that I've found a fun conversation on the internet for a change. It's a cool pic, the discussion put a smile on my face after a 'meh' day at work and I feel a bit better for it. Cheers guys. :D

Ok, I'll admit you lost me a bit for a while but it still put a smile on my face.

You're welcome.

Just ask, and I'll gladly put a smile on that face anytime. Image

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:21 pm

deconstruction wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
the pic reminds me of movies or tv shows where they throw a pair of glasses on a beautiful girl and call her "ugly" or something.

To be honest, the girl does look like me, and no, guys weren't standing in lines waiting to date me. I also wear glasses. You'd be surprised how many guys are disgusted by a pair of glasses, flannel shirts and geeky interests.

I mean, seriously, some guys expect a girl to be conventionally pretty or at least to act "feminine". I know plenty of "plain" looking girls with geeky interests that no guys, NTs or otherwise, don't pay attention to... Unless they're desperate and see them as a last resort.

Really? Seems like there's a lack of supply and demand on both sides. Shame, really. But then, the internet can help :D

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:24 pm

SoftlyStepping wrote:
Look at it from the opposite angle.

You've got a dude roommate. Okay, cool.

Drinking buddy and NT social router - check :)

SoftlyStepping wrote:
You've got a chick roommate. Okay, cool.

Erm..... if you say so.

SoftlyStepping wrote:
You've got a chick roommate that you're attracted to. Now things get interesting.

:pale:
SoftlyStepping wrote:

:pale::pale:

Why on my turf exactly?

Last edited by techstepgenr8tion on 15 Nov 2011, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Asp-Z wrote:
If she's into BDSM, she's mine (quite literally, it is BDSM after all :wink:).

Submissives are actually surprisingly hard to pick up. I mean, I guess they do have to be extra careful because of the nature of the relationship.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

deconstruction wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:

I mean, seriously, some guys expect a girl to be conventionally pretty or at least to act "feminine". I know plenty of "plain" looking girls with geeky interests that no guys, NTs or otherwise, don't pay attention to... Unless they're desperate and see them as a last resort.

Again, I said that most guys would date a girl in that shape because she's generically hot, not because she's geeky, her shape would compensate that.

Just geeky by itself is something very negative to most.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:25 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Really? Seems like there's a lack of supply and demand on both sides. Shame, really. But then, the internet can help :D

Yes, but really, nobody wants to be anybody's last resort...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:26 pm

SoftlyStepping wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
If she's into BDSM, she's mine (quite literally, it is BDSM after all :wink:).

Submissives are actually surprisingly hard to pick up. I mean, I guess they do have to be extra careful because of the nature of the relationship.

Depends. You'd probably be surprised how many closet submissives there are out there. Lots of people are into BDSM, it's just few decide to explore it.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:27 pm

deconstruction wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

Yeah but my point is that online you can find a wider range of people, and you're therefore more likely to find someone who will appreciate you and your nerdyness.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:29 pm

deconstruction wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

She might end up needing a last resort too.

I saw few of last resorts dating others, and on this forum too.

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 15 Nov 2011, 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Again, I said that most guys would date a girl in that shape because she's generically hot, not because she's geeky, her shape would compensate that.

A hint: they can't see your body shape if you wear baggy pants and over sized shirts. (Like many Aspie girls do, because it's comfortable). I mean, seriously, I see guys pass over great girls all the time - and I don't just mean great as in "smart, intelligent, funny", but also great as in "pretty", just because they're not conventionally dressed up or wear make up. I see guys going after the same girls in pretty clothes passing the prettier women just because they don't dress up or "act feminine".

I'm not saying feminine women who dress up don't deserve love, but I do think many men have a very narrow idea of how to recognize a pretty woman (not to mention her other qualities: intelligence, character, etc.)

Now, don't get me wrong, women are often the same. They all chase after the same three jerks with good muscles, passing all those smart and incredibly attractive men, just because they might be a bit skinny or geeky or whatever.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:31 pm

deconstruction wrote:

I think that typically stops right around the time that social group/association stops meaning everything and when nerd stops meaning undesirable (somewhere I think by the beginning of college at least for most I'd figure). Highschool's mostly just a bunch of little boys who can't handle a real woman anyway, so I doubt you would have missed much there. :)

SoftlyStepping
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Nov 2011, 4:34 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
SoftlyStepping wrote:

:pale::pale:

Why on my turf exactly?

Most people think of dating and marriage as this huge complicated ordeal.
I'm just saying that there is a simpler way to think about it.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:38 pm

deconstruction wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

A hint: they can't see your body shape if you wear baggy pants and over sized shirts. (Like many Aspie girls do, because it's comfortable). I mean, seriously, I see guys pass over great girls all the time - and I don't just mean great as in "smart, intelligent, funny", but also great as in "pretty", just because they're not conventionally dressed up or wear make up. I see guys going after the same girls in pretty clothes passing the prettier women just because they don't dress up or "act feminine".

I'm not saying feminine women who dress up don't deserve love, but I do think many men have a very narrow idea of how to recognize a pretty woman (not to mention her other qualities: intelligence, character, etc.)

Now, don't get me wrong, women are often the same. They all chase after the same three jerks with good muscles, passing all those smart and incredibly attractive men, just because they might be a bit skinny or geeky or whatever.

Yea, but in that pic in particular she's not wearing baggy pants or huge shirts :P, she's just half naked.

I think the reason1 why men would avoid such women is because they would feel embarrassed to be seen with a 'fashion-less' and geeky looking woman. Same why women avoid typically-looking geek men.

deconstruction
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2011, 4:43 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Yea, but in that pic in particular she's not wearing baggy pants or huge shirts :P, she's just half naked.

I think the reason1 why men would avoid such women is because they would feel embarrassed to be seen with a 'fashion-less' and geeky looking woman. Same why women avoid typically-looking geek men.

Well, those people don't have any right to complain about being alone, then. I;m not talking about Aspies here... It happens with the NTs all the time, but, sadly, Aspies aren't imune.

And I didn't understand what you said about being someone's last resort.