For guys who are having zero replies on okcupid....

Page 5 of 29 [ 460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 29  Next

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:14 am

smudge wrote:

Who_Am_I wrote:
There seems to be so much focus, at least on the internet, on when fat/ugly women do it. Why focus on them and not everyone else?

Yes. Why?

because its done to fat/ugly men irl. So they pass it along online. hive mentality

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:20 am

Kurgan wrote:

Because she's deceiving the other part. Imagine of someone advertised a mint condition 1988 BMW M3, with 20" alloy wheels, a mileage of just 50,000 miles and an all leather interior for just 5,000 dollars on eBay. You reschedule your day, drive for an hour, pay for gas, toll booths and all that and when you get there, it's not an M3, but a 316 with a rusty frame, sawdust in the transmission, no alloy wheels, 220,000 miles on the odometer, lots of mold in the interior, and defective brakes, but the buyer still wants 5K for it. Wouldn't you feel angry?

Exactly.. has happened to me numerous times in the past.. and then she normally has the nerve to get bitchy with me when I don't follow through with taking her out.. It's why I've started mandating we meet at a public place first.. I get there 30 minutes early and sit and wait, if I don't like what i see, I just get up and leave.

It's the same as if I went to a bar and started flashing around a wad of cash (all 1's with a few 20's and 100's wrapped around the outside) and got tons of girls.. it would be the same falsehood. I was lying about my status and wealth in order to get a mate.. same as these other girls are lying about their appearance to get a mate.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:23 am

smudge wrote:
Exactly. It's very hypocritical.

if a guy isn't ugly, stupid, uneducated and s on (a lot of the frustrated guys here are both athletic and intelligent), he shouldn't have to settle for someone who is. Your instincts won't allow you to date someone with a less attractive set of genetics.

There are tons of unattractive girls who reject guys in their own league who'd be very happy to date them.

Quote:
Yes. Why?

Because it's deceptive.

Last edited by Kurgan on 07 Jun 2012, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:24 am

Who_Am_I wrote:
I don't use dating sites, but I'd imagine that a lot of people, male and female, lied or were deceptive in some way. There seems to be so much focus, at least on the internet, on when fat/ugly women do it. Why focus on them and not everyone else?

My point is that besides the fact that it's just nasty to make fun of people for being physically unattractive, is that, if you have something wrong with you (and Asperger's counts), then people are probably making the same dismissive, sneering comments about you. I'm not saying that's right, but why is it right for you to do it to other people?

Brilliant!

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:29 am

DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:
I don't use dating sites, but I'd imagine that a lot of people, male and female, lied or were deceptive in some way. There seems to be so much focus, at least on the internet, on when fat/ugly women do it. Why focus on them and not everyone else?

My point is that besides the fact that it's just nasty to make fun of people for being physically unattractive, is that, if you have something wrong with you (and Asperger's counts), then people are probably making the same dismissive, sneering comments about you. I'm not saying that's right, but why is it right for you to do it to other people?

Brilliant!
Because people are very keen to police women's appearance/behavior/fertility/pretty much everything.

I understand that elderly gentleman at the end of the bar finds you attractive, perhaps instead of sneering at his age, you should get to know him before you dismiss him..

Oh, wait? You're not interested? He's too "Old"? Oh..

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:40 am

rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

Because she's deceiving the other part. Imagine of someone advertised a mint condition 1988 BMW M3, with 20" alloy wheels, a mileage of just 50,000 miles and an all leather interior for just 5,000 dollars on eBay. You reschedule your day, drive for an hour, pay for gas, toll booths and all that and when you get there, it's not an M3, but a 316 with a rusty frame, sawdust in the transmission, no alloy wheels, 220,000 miles on the odometer, lots of mold in the interior, and defective brakes, but the buyer still wants 5K for it. Wouldn't you feel angry?

Exactly.. has happened to me numerous times in the past.. and then she normally has the nerve to get bitchy with me when I don't follow through with taking her out.. It's why I've started mandating we meet at a public place first.. I get there 30 minutes early and sit and wait, if I don't like what i see, I just get up and leave.

I wish I had the conscience to do that. :lol: When this has happened to me, I've stayed through the whole date, which was extremely awkward.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:44 am

Kurgan wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

I wish I had the conscience to do that. :lol: When this has happened to me, I've stayed through the whole date, which was extremely awkward.

I used to do that.. but it got to expensive. I got tired of them realizing there was no hope, and then ordering the most expensive thing on the menu when I took them out.. Now, if she's not even remotely attractive to me.. I just walk..

DogsWithoutHorses
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:45 am

rabbittss wrote:
DogsWithoutHorses wrote:
Who_Am_I wrote:

Brilliant!
Because people are very keen to police women's appearance/behavior/fertility/pretty much everything.

I understand that elderly gentleman at the end of the bar finds you attractive, perhaps instead of sneering at his age, you should get to know him before you dismiss him..

Oh, wait? You're not interested? He's too "Old"? Oh..

Yup, being bothered by mature adults creeping on my barely legal ass, which is being upset at a behavior by the way
is exactly the same as hurling abuse at people for their physical appearance
We could totally discuss the topic at hand but if you'd rather make is all about me as a person instead I guess that's cool.

If your success is defined as being well adjusted to injustice and well adapted to indifference, then we don?t want successful leaders. We want great leaders- who are unbought, unbound, unafraid, and unintimidated to tell the truth.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:46 am

rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

I used to do that.. but it got to expensive. I got tired of them realizing there was no hope, and then ordering the most expensive thing on the menu when I took them out.. Now, if she's not even remotely attractive to me.. I just walk..

How do the girls react when you do that? If it happens to me again, I don't want to scare them from dating other people online.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:48 am

====

Last edited by smudge on 08 Jun 2012, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:50 am

smudge wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
It's why I've started mandating we meet at a public place first.. I get there 30 minutes early and sit and wait, if I don't like what i see, I just get up and leave.

Wow. I actually hope you don't get a girlfriend. God knows how you'd treat her.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but deceiving him wasn't nice either.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:54 am

smudge wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
It's why I've started mandating we meet at a public place first.. I get there 30 minutes early and sit and wait, if I don't like what i see, I just get up and leave.

Wow. I actually hope you don't get a girlfriend. God knows how you'd treat her.

While i agree with that I also think that id surely be rather pissed about someone seeing the date going to s**t so taking advantage and ordering something they normally wouldnt.

rabbittss
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 10:55 am

Kurgan wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:
rabbittss wrote:
Kurgan wrote:

How do the girls react when you do that? If it happens to me again, I don't want to scare them from dating other people online.

Don't really know or care to be honest. I imagine they get angry, but I've only ever had a few get angry enough to send me messages on the web. I imagine they are are used to getting stood up.

I also feel that it's a bit ridiculous to assume that I'd treat a girl who I was interested in the same way I'm treating a complete stranger. That's it though you see, If you put these girls who I'm walking out on in a bar, I wouldn't approach and talk to them to begin with, so they are actually making it further than they would if I met them in person first.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

====

Last edited by smudge on 08 Jun 2012, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:00 am

And here we have an example of a guy with higher sights than he can get.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2012, 11:01 am

Kurgan wrote:
smudge wrote:
Exactly. It's very hypocritical.

if a guy isn't ugly, stupid, uneducated and s on (a lot of the frustrated guys here are both athletic and intelligent), he shouldn't have to settle for someone who is. Your instincts won't allow you to date someone with a less attractive set of genetics.

There are tons of unattractive girls who reject guys in their own league who'd be very happy to date them.

Quote:
Yes. Why?

Because it's deceptive.

I'm not talking about settling, I'm talking about not being a dick toward people who you aren't attracted to.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I